Water-filled Flasks don't quench thirst, don't un-stack properly when empty

Game mode: [Enter game mode here: Single-player]
Type of issue: [Enter one of the following: Bug]
Server type: [Enter one of the following: Single-player]
Region: [NA]

Using Water-Filled Glass Flask does not cause my hydration/thirsty meter to go up. It does cause a cooling effect to activate. If I put a stack of flasks in my hotbar, initially there will be a full/empty bar at the bottom of the icon. On each use the bar shrinks. When it is gone, the stack count decreases and an empty flask appears in my inventory. But the next flask in the stack does not get a full/empty bar. If I split the remaining stack in my inventory, one of the splits will have a full/empty bar and the other won’t. By continuing to split stacks, I can isolate a single bugged flask and stack the rest back up. This will return the stack to a state where on each use, the bar goes down a little and I get a cooling effect. At no point does using a flask seem to quench thirst.

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

1. Craft a stack of Water-Filled Flasks
  2. Use the stack of Water-Filled Flasks
  3. Observe Cooling effect and Water Filled Flask durability bar decrease.
  4. Observe thirst meter does not move. (Bug part A)
  5. Continue using stack until durability bar depletes
  6. Observe stack size decrement and addition of Empty Flask in inventory.
  7. Observe stack of Water-Filled Flasks no longer has a durability bar. (Bug part B)
  8. At this point you can split the stack repeatedly and find the bugged flask. Once it it out of the stack, you can repeat from step 1.
2 Likes

also: I first observed this with some mods running. I disabled them all, restarted, and observed the same behavior.

1 Like

Hey @monkeybarrel

Our team is aware of this issue and it’s on their to-do list.
Thanks for the feedback.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.