"We are currently preparing a hotfix with the *aim* of releasing later next week."

I could live with that. Now, you can’t jump out. You can sometimes walk out through the side. More likely you get stuck under a place-able item, and need to remove your bracelet. The body is usually still stuck inside and inaccessible unless you summon it using sorcery.

I’ve never had this happen in a single player game.
Perhaps these are server bugs.

I code. I used to be fluent in GWbasic and MSdos, was studying cobalt and pascal. And you?

You mean for the 4 or 5 days till the hot fix?

No it isn’t.
I started online recoding maps taken from car racing games to use in a motorcycle racer. I have forgotten more about coding then you’ll ever know. I learned how to model, texture, code lap timers, section timers, cameras, crowd noises, collision surface physics, shall I go on?

No, I’m offering up a temporary work around. But you want an instant fix.

Same for me on testlive. Never had the issue till they did the hotfix for the horse inventory. And I said solid ground meaning, well, solid ground. I know you fall fall through everything, saying foundation is just easier then give a lengthy list every time.

As I said it was never meant as more then a work around. I tried to tell everyone before ch4 hit live to be sure to log out on sold ground. I gave ample warning, not much else I can do.

I also gave ample warning before ch4 came out that that would happen. Now as far as the discord, well, people have been using thralls as land claims on PVE for quite a while, so I have 0 sympathy for losing left out thralls. Maybe you shouldn’t have been using them to pad your land claim.

So some one else that doesn’t know the difference between an opinion and a fact.
I weep for our lost educational system.

I started logging out on sold ground the 3rd time I had to pull my bracelet on testlive. Not having the issue on live.

Yes, thanks I took your suggestion.

I’ve stopped playing until the hotfix, but I’m not seeing anything from Funcom that makes me think that they are even working on that specific problem.

Occasionally logging in with your character partially inside foundations

This was added to the hotfix list at some point, which is great, but “occasionally” isn’t accurate, and the player is trapped inside the foundation, you can’t just jump out like its no big deal.

And it can happen at any time. Not just at log-in. Seems to be server performance related, maybe.

1 Like

You can opt out of the hunt by visiting the woman at the event hub.

Also, you should probably consider getting better thralls. It sounds like you got some REALLY weak thralls if one werehyena is killing them all. Just one decently leveled berserker with a mace can make short work of the hyena. However, I’d recommend at least two. One has a chance of getting pinned against something (this happened to one of my really strong thralls by a shoebill), while two can ensure that if one is immobilized, the other can pick up the slack.

You are mistaken on two very important points.

1. Hyenas attack you whether you are in the hunt or not. It is another broken thing.
  2. Thralls do not, under any circumstances, attack hyenas back
1 Like

Riiight.

If that’s the case, then yes, they’re bugged. I’ve never been attacked inside my base and my thrall always fights back with me. While offline, I can’t say. They’re not suppose to attack your base anyway, according to the rules of the event.

However, I don’t think they’ll be rolling back the servers at this point. It’s been too long and they don’t work the weekend. It would be at least a week from release. If they haven’t done it within the first few days, it’s not happening. The time they did it after a few days wreaked havoc on the forums from all the people raging for losing a few days progress. A week of progress for many would be far worse.

Java, C, C++, Prolog, Lisp to name a few.

Oh, and MS DOS isn’t a programming language, it’s an operating system. The DOS part stands for “Disk Operating System.” You can stop faking it any time now, bud.

30 years ago it was micro soft, MSdos was before windows. When I got my associates in computer operations. yes, floppy discs and no OS.

None the less, I have actually worked in games from base modeling a map to being able to drive on it.

Adding to this… there are a couple things that CAN cause a hyena to end up in your base, assuming the game is coded correctly to prevent this from happening:

1. you have a gate open and it followed a player inside. You don’t need a large gate or wall, since they can’t jump, but if you leave a space exposed for it to run through, then it may. Or…

2. your perimeter walls exceed the land claim space of your main building. Funcom already considers this to be a land claim violation anyway, so you can’t fault Funcom for it. If there’s dead, unclaimed space between your walls and your main base, a hyena can spawn inside if a player is present. If you have your thralls sprinkled around said unclaimed space… well… you can figure out what will happen if they’re not fighting back.

Neither of these issues are Funcom’s fault. However, if thralls are not defending against a threat, that IS their fault and should be addressed accordingly.

1 Like

Bud, the first computers I worked with had no floppy drives. You can stop pretending you’re the “old computer guru” around here any time you like because I have you beat by at least a decade.

1 Like

Then pretends to be the old guru

1 Like

You’re mixing up fact with fiction, kid.

Anyway, you’re just spouting nonsense and trolling so I’m going to ignore you from now on. Have a nice life.

1 Like

Kid

Keep it up, this is a dead thread Fred.
And took his ball and went home :rofl:

/ignore DeaconElie

3 Likes

None the less they have already said they are basically rolling back or readding a lot of the menus functionality. Which seems to be the drama fodder of the month.

What people need to do is open their eyes to the BIG bug this update, kill you total loss zones. People have found areas you drop through die, and lose everything on you. That is a bit more then a menu inconvenience.

I’ve polled my server twice in chat (1516 PVE-C) and both times more than half of the players have reported getting stuck inside foundations. Some are claiming that its “everyone.”

This is widespread, not some minor issue that should be ignored.

It’s definitely happening, correct. In the mean time, I recommend swapping out foundations with fence foundations (or pillars) and ceiling tiles. I’ve mentioned this in other topics. It’s a far more versatile option for design, and it allows movement underneath the base, plus it costs less materials. If you drop underneath the base, you can remove a wall or ceiling tile and get out. If other players are getting trapped inside your base, you can also leave an open door or space for them to get out. I have a base built over water and have included hidden doors under the living quarters of each clanmate to swim out.

1 Like