What say you FUNCOM to this?

What other way will they deal with the 100’s of servers they added at launch which now have just a few players in them? They will need to cut them down at some point to save money and to bring the community closer together as the number of players reduces, wait and see.

It’s not that I’m easily triggered, well, maybe a little bit. it’s just that kind of suggestion/phrase has bad connotation. Like when someone doesn’t like something in a game then being told to play elsewhere with an attitude. See that happens quite often and mistook your suggestion as one of that kind.

I apologize for my misunderstanding regarding your suggestion, and I apologize to PitMonk as well.

6 Likes

And I apologize to you mate, my wish was never to offend you. If I did, then I’m truly sorry.
Are we all friends again please ?

2 Likes

Yeah, we all are :smiley:

3 Likes

I get what you are stating, but I promise I was not dismissing your issue with purges nor trying to incite your anger.

Just simply, they are dealing with other issues as well. I dont see them changing anything about purges save for hopefully getting them into a working state (and thralls correctly attacking). I was just suggesting (via my own experience) that private servers seem to remove a lot of the issues people are complaining about here in the forums, including dedicated control over mechanics they may not like as much.

I like the idea of public servers and a more diverse/less control environment. I do end up hopping on those servers for that experience at times. I can be a jerk, or what ever… But i don’t expect anything to last (other then maybe my character) on those servers. Ironic maybe, considering the convo at hand, but just the other day, i logged on to my public server account and my entire base was wiped by a purge. Hell, I might have even had clan members online at the time, but no one defended it and I wasn’t around. It is what it is… public server settings suck.

4 Likes

Wait, so my 30 something geared fighter thralls wont defend me from an offline purge? What am I supposed to do then?

Just pray it will be one of those times your thralls AI will work (because it can still work sometimes, but it’s pretty rare).
Other than that, once the storm has gone, if your loss wasn’t too big and if you’re still motivated to play conan exiles, build several walls around your base untill the devs manage to get the AI to its previous state.
There is still a chance you’ll be online when the purge occurs, i just hope for you it will be the case.

2 Likes

Honeycombing is the way to go until they fix it. Lots of Honeycombing :wink:

1 Like

I am just using Conan as a interesting base building game currently, till things get fixed. I will fully admit the competitive and survival aspect of the game is beyond broken to actually enjoy at this point. I have hopes for the future.

Currently just f’n around on my private server with purges and everything off to build fun buildings. Friends hop on now and then. I’ll wipe my current private server or start a new one when things get to the point of how Funcom envision…

1 Like

I’m in exactly the same boat mate.

It should work for you, i fought off a purge last night (solo) on an incomplete Base, (one Archer thrall lvl 1) she actually did some damage and got kills. Most of my base was wiped (thanks dumcon) but the thralls should work as long as they aren’t to high up or to far from the purge mob itself.

Okay it seems the tweaked the purge , last night when I logged in the purge camme within a few minutes, I built a thick enough purge wall that i was able to defend it myself, by killing Frost Giants, there were i think 3 waves and killed most of them, the only way my fighter thralls would work is if I put them outside the wall and would not attack the GIANTS even when they were hacking down my wall, the only way they would attack is if one of the giants attacked me…

Yes, that is what is broken. They will not attack anything unless they attack you. They do not defend property. They also lose almost all their health when you’re logged off and will not regain it unless you hang around them.

99.5 percent of the time thralls will not attack when you purge, the best way is have your friends on steam so you can call, if you are offline you probably have friends who are from different countries.

On my server i have a friend in china and another in Australia. During purge hours i watch there bases since i am on a differn’t time zone or you have those greedy players who love purges so they can get rare named thralls.