Where are you? No communication

“Guess what, in real life would you be able to roll 2 meters backwards in a second.”

Guess what, this isnt real life. This is a game with dragons, walkingskeletons in it. Let’s remove that aswell if we gonna be as close to real life as possible.

Its not about if its realistic or not, it’s the feeling and how enjoying it is to play. And as therry said, everything feels sloppy with the new dodge. When cant even dodge a thralls swing with a single dodge, whats the point with it if u cant do that?
And making light-medium-heavy armor similar is stupid. They even removed the option to use 2 medium and 3 light without even putting it out in patchnotes. Light - medium and heavy shouldnt have the same dodge.

3 Likes

Yeah PvP is an environment rife with exploits and hacks, partly (or largely) because it attracts the “win at any cost” crowd in far larger quantities than other gamemodes. But how is that in any way, shape or form the fault of those who prefer those other gamemodes?

5 Likes

Okay im wondering if you’ve read and understood my text or just assuming stuff i’ve never said. And if you wanna go down that road with your sassy additute, sure.

Nothing in conan is like in real life dude how delusional is this? Its a freaking game with monsters and bosses not even existing so dont claim it has to be realistic. And i never said i want to have the old roll back so what exactly is this about? I said the dodge needed a change but how it has been done was the wrong way. And yes ofc that is MY OPINION same as it is YOURS to say its fine. But alot of people actually dont like how it is now and its not optimize for sure. You should still have more perks if you wear a light armor so its actually from use too but for now the little bit more rollspeed is nothing to care about and everyone is playing heavy armor cause you dont dodge anyways. Is this good? No. Should it be changed? Yes. Should it be back to old roll? OFC NOT. Just optimized. So please for the love of god learn to understand all parts of a text not just the negative stuff. And NO, it had absolutely nothing to do with me losing 1 single fight in pvp. I just explained that its stupid that the bad pvp players have another way of smuggling themselves around real fights. I didnt realise this by only one fight thats for sure. There are people that are even claiming that they can’t pvp as long as they dont have their horse. Yeah horses are nice and fine but if they are only used to get a way around actual pvp its not good.

Like i said, pets are fine, thralls are fine. Having it as a tool to dodge pvp fights is annoying. If you are not a pvp player that actually like to fight 1v1 without any other stuff involved you probably wont get the point so ill stop trying. Because what i meant had nothing to do with the idiotic example.

My whole post is about the recent updates and how they went wrong and why pvp players dont like it and i made some exaples WHY its not liked. I can lose several fights and i did and i never complained on a forum about it xD I dont care its pvp. I just wanted to show where de deficits in the sloppy solutions and sloppy updates are.

Isnt toxicty sth genre specific… You have them in every PvP survival game, as the principles or often the same. The more time you invest, the “better” you are compared to people who dont invest that much time (or simple cannot, because they have jobs and/or family).

Combine that with hacks and you have survival PvP community in a nutshell.

You even have them in some degree in PvE - blocking spawns on purpose or clustering the whole map with foundation spams.

But trolls get bored, if no one fights back. In PvE you cannot even fight back, so many trolls go away after time. But in PvP… :wink:

The problem I’ve seen on pve officials is the land claiming and resource blocking. With pve settings you cant destroy it which is why on my server, its “pvp” in a time of peace that could be broken on a moments notice

Hey @UltraViolent,

Please see my thread here. Funcom’s games are, nor will be influenced by Tencent. I’ve quoted PR and tried giving some explanation in the comments.
I’d recommend not bringing politics or assumptions into threads. The forums are for civil, constructive discussion.

As for your assumption,
Companies owned by or in a country ruled by a dictator may be asked to assume the dictator’s law for their subcompanies, but this should not be the case as other countries will not permit another country’s law being enforced on their land-- …btw, I’m not a lawyer.
If companies want to hold a firm position (which may result in a monopoly, which itself may be slightly toxic to the industry), they may want to enforce their own marketing strategies on their owned companies or decide to shorten or cancel certain projects, if they are not in the main scope (market) or vision. It’s their decision on whether they want to expand their company with expertise on subject X or Y.

Why does everyone think this game is or should be realistic? If you want realistic then you wouldn’t mind only being able to carry a couple of rocks on your person and the bosses cutting you in half with 1 hit because they are so much stronger than a normal human being? Or maybe you don’t want to teleport or go to many of the dungeons because they aren’t realistic? No, you only want some things realistic. We can literally summon Gods and can control them, but let’s take that out entirely aswell while we are at it sense that isn’t realistic. Either everything be realistic or nothing, sick of this being one of the main excuses for the dodge roll or anything else crazy that the player can or could do.

2 Likes

Not to mention its like 4 miles from desert to tundra…

Then less than a mile to a volcano that cooks you alive… with people living inside of it.

1 Like

Hey dorpie,

Communication did not get worse.

• Social media are still being actively operated.
  • They pushed several TestLive patches with explanation on how they want the new features to work (linked further down in this comment) and are still replying to posts as they should (quoted further down in this comment)
  • They have not stopped doing streams, they’ve only put them on hold. See for explanation my comment here.
    They may not be able to answer all questions on the streams, as there’s only limited time and people to do so. They have to focus on what’s important for the stream and they don’t want to reveal or repeat too much. Some topics are too elaborate for the stream.

See above link.

• In any case, guides are not considered high priority and there’s several being made. It’s not the job of game developers to make these and PR, such as Tascha, are quite busy currently.
  • When they have something to say and the marketing team allows them to say it, they will do so. Not earlier. See also Shadoza’s comment:

If there is little or no communication, it does not mean they do not care about the game or its players. Game development happens behind -and seperately of- this communication.

Since the stream, they have pushed several TestLive patches.

And yes, they also work on the game while people are testing. They can only tick of a list of things in-house though, it’s player testing that helps to get the real patches out there with less issues.

I am aware there has been some controversy around the Funcom Launcher, but it does not directly affect gameplay (for what it does affect, see numerous threads on the topic). Whether you like these non-direct features or not is your choice.
I can’t say how much time may have been put into this feature or whether it was worth it. It’s their decision to put it in.

As for other, not directly related matters:

This first comment seems to be specifically pointing at players on the discord, without any reason as for why specifically the discord. That there is a discord seems to be an assumption (“that discord”).
Just fyi, you can join said imagined discord here.
Yes, statistically, if these players do not also speak on the forums, the forums may seem to be more shifted to other (PvE) players.

Note, the discord is not official and is fan-made. None of the discord moderators are employees. Employees on the discord are on voluntarily. The discord moderators are free to have their personal opinion, but everyone on the discord -including moderators and employees- should obey to the discord’s rules (be constructive, keep it civil etc.) and moderators themselves should obey to the discord’s rules regarding moderation (warning, logging, discussing).

I’ve tried to reply to some of the concerns in this thread. It’s hard to keep an overview, although the preview tab is certainly of help.

3 Likes

Honestly I wouldn’t call @Ceronesthes poisonous. He’s straight up. “If you don’t like it, you can shove it.” I’m sorry to say, that’s how people are sometimes, and I see some of myself from an earlier point in him. His message is urgent. I don’t want to build a bridge between you two because your tension is illustrative and important, and I truly believe there’s an arc there, Gents.

Player versus Player is the problem. We are playing against each other right here and it needs to stop. PvP is a game mode that must be enjoyed on servers, in the game world.

Please let’s be constructive here: our PvE brethren have taught me more than I could ever learn by grinding away at other players. They may be able to help us find a solution to the rampant issues, if we don’t drive them all away from being interested in our problem.

5 Likes

Toxic is toxic. It doesn’t have to do with PVP or PVE. For every time you’ve seen “nerfs are unnecessary but they happen because of PVP whiners”, I’ve seen “PVE matters less than PVP and PVE players should stop talking on the forums”.

What makes people toxic is not the game mode they play, it’s their decision to be jerks to a whole group of people as long as they’re “other”. In real life you’ll see that with real life traits. Video game forums just invent a new dimension of that.

Normally I don’t react to that so explosively, but I guess this particular bit of vitriol caught me with my metaphorical pants down. Hence my verbal diarrhea. :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Oh dude you have not seen it, thankfully. Our loving spoonful PvP server, that was becoming cultivated and vibrant was taken over by hostiles. HOSTILES. What happens is one player gets heated because he’s being repeatedly killed, not without justification, and his things are being wiped. He’s completely depleted of beef juice, so he recruits some pipe-hitting glitchers known about the universe as straight up server killers. Zero-G saw it, I never did. It was ugly toxic horrible. Some people come here asking for help, and I get a real sense of PTSD (I am not a doctor but I played one in a movie), because what people are saying in global chat is beyond ugly.

1 Like

Oh I know that too well. I just need to look at some Conan discord servers:

Thats one way to clean it up!

I know you’re just being helpful and illustrative, but I recognize some of those names there. It doesn’t seem right to air that without context, and believe me after following your story I know there is context. I’m saying this as a wannabe PvP peer and a pal. :slight_smile:

What I have seen in screen grabs from our server and another I’m following is actual threats, and the fulfilling of DOXXING. I learned a long time ago that I needed to live an open life with my personal details, because when you put your name out there and your face on tv, you become a pseudo public figure. It’s hard to get used to, but I’m okay with sharing my information. Most people aren’t, and most people with whom I casually game are terrified of being revealed. Seeking and finding a person’s details, then releasing them in Global, along with children’s names and schools should be a bannable offense. This is what our server descended to, from Peace. Can’t imagine what a full war server is like.

Oh yeah I had that too. One guy from Conan took a photo from my IG and used it as his profile pic. He also changed his steam name to my real name. What a weirdo.

Threats were the norm on the officials I played on. Thanks to the anonymity on the internet certain people can show their worst (true) side.

4 Likes

No one group has control of the forums and hostility cuts both ways.

1 Like

Being very new here myself I mostly lurk around.
I think the issue with most of these

are coming from people refusing to see opposing opinions. I’ll say that just because someone doesn’t agree with you doesn’t mean they aren’t “listening” to you or aren’t “understanding”.

Personally I think this is a fantastic idea. I say limit your pool to only those who agree with you. It will be just like talking to yourself.

I hope you can see the irony.

1 Like

He might not be wrong about that, although I’ve been here long enough to see that balance shift back and forth. What he’s utterly wrong about is his dismissal of PVE playstyle:

I mean, seriously? We’re gonna defend that attitude?

If I’m on a thread and I see someone say something along the lines of how “all PVP players are just a bunch of whiners that ruin PVE” – and believe me, I’ve seen too much of that – I’ll either jump in and say that’s not okay or simply flag that post if it’s rude enough.

We can all have a back and forth about balance issues and bugs and exploits and whatnot, and everyone is perfectly entitled to their opinion. But when someone crosses the line from having an opinion into calling a whole group of players “poop-flingers” who have nothing better to do? Yeah, no. Screw that with a hot poker.

Honestly, I couldn’t care less. I didn’t pay 100+ bucks for this game and its DLCs to compete in a popularity contest. I want PVP players to have a good game just as much as I want PVE and PVE-C players to have a good game.

Anyone who trolls PVP players for their preferred mode is wrong. Anyone who trolls PVE players for their preferred game mode is no less wrong, regardless of how popular that game mode is.

How hard and controversial is that?

You can forgive the frustration and mass blame against PVE players, but frustration and mass blame against PVP players is not okay? Where do you think this dislike of PVP-related issues comes from? Could it be because PVE players are sick and tired of being treated like they don’t matter by certain parts of the PVP community? Of being told they should shut up because nobody plays PVE?

For the record, in case someone decides to cherry-pick the previous paragraph in their reply and decide to focus on it out of its context, I’ll restate that I believe both are wrong. If you want to know who I believe is to blame, it’s Funcom. They released the game too early and since that moment they’ve been trying to put out fires by taking a leak on them, instead of properly fixing the underlying issues. As a result, they keep messing up the game for both PVE and PVP players.

Again, just like with the game itself, I don’t come to the forums for a popularity contest, either. I don’t really care if I’m “respected” or not. I’m not angling for a Chosen of Asura, so you won’t often see me react to outright rudeness and hostility with friendship and patience. If you want to block me for that, it’s your right.

If I see someone post vitriolic crap against a whole group of players based on their game mode, nationality, gender or any other dimension of bigotry you can think of, I’ll be as snarky and hostile as I can, because I happen to agree with Karl Popper’s views on paradox of tolerance.

4 Likes