Where are you? No communication

How about you stop moaning, and realise how the game works, and how that will play out on each game mode, pve or pvp. If you don’t like it don’t play it. Pick a different game. Yeh they look at pvp more because any changes affect pvp on a much larger scale than pve. Other players can destroy everything you own form goodness sake, so yeh there has to be a fine balance for pvp.

Aha, so you tell me if I want to keep on playing pvp on officials I should do it like all the hackers/exploiters. Because that is how I would have to adapt to pvp.

I reported a guy almost a week ago alongside some other guys the past days and funcom still didnt clear his undermesh even though I had several materials to proof it. If you ask the exploiter he will say “I’m not exploiting, the game gives this opportunity and I use it.”

So no, I can not just adapt to official pvp if I wanna play clean. And adapt on cheating in a game is not really a smart suggestion.

And to all the guys claiming that all the changes funcom does are for pvp. Nice we get changes we dont like :slight_smile: I’d rather have conan from 5 months back than all the recent changes :slight_smile: and no I’m not disagreeing with the point that changes have been needed for the dodge or the list but just the way it got changed feels so… sloppy… just do anything so its changed and leave it that way instead on working on it if alot of people dont really like it. Why can they have a month long testlive phase for the follower system but not for the stuff they added before. The big controversial stuff. Dont get me wrong I absolutely love that they use testlive so frequently this time. I’m just sad they haven’t done it before and let the playerbase really decide if it’s good or not and adjust while it’s not on live servers.

They coming up with reasons why they bring up the changes but every single one of the reasons is invalid because the effect they wished for is not happening.

Change roll to make heavy useful and make people commit to fight.
-> since you cant really dodge anymore anyways not a single soul (who knows how to pvp) is using light or medium armor anymore. Only heavy. You cant even really go farm in light armor if you visit risky places like brimlake because if someone finds you you’re insta dead. And with horse pvp the noobs have another way to not really commit to fighting. Yesterday I had a 3v6 fight and we almost killed them (we were the 3 people) but since we didnt bring horses to the fight and they did we could do nothing really. They just overran us. Later that evening we went there again and fought them 2v4. Guess what, they had no horses and I could easy fight them 1v2. So horses as they are now help people the same way the dodge roll did. So all the change is reverted and just made the movement and dodge and armor meta worse.

Same for playerlist. It was brought in to prevent offline raiding. Well guess what? People make their way to bases check the time if it’s a bit down they start raiding if not - they move on. Who would have guessed. And if you invest more time you can still just write down steam I’d and name as soon as you see them in the playerlist an still figure out if they playing over the steam list. They just made it more work for pvp players that really have to worry about their poop. Yeah it was made for pvp but pvp playerbase hates it so what’s the point? It was just a fast and sloppy solution for a problem that still exists after all.

1 Like

@therryy Guess what, in real life would you be able to roll 2 meters backwards in a second. No.
Could you use a horse to gain an upper hand. Yes
Is rolling and use of mounts related. No.
Is it related in your OPINION because you were mad that they used horses and it didn’t work out for you. Yes.
Could you utilize horses too. Yes
Before all people were moaning about is that you could hit and dodge 2 blocks away and win a fight that way, even against a high armored high level player. How is that fair. People had been asking for mounts for so long and now you have an issue with it because it annoyed you during a fight. Too bad. Deal with it. It’s part of the game.
Using your logic I could moan about anything thats in the game which is not actually an issue.

For example: Oh, I had level 60 armor and this guy came up to me with a a sabrecat and dodged me while the sabrecat attacked me and I got killed. Not FAIR. Sabre cats shouldn’t be in the game or I would’ve won. Next time I saw that wiesel without a pet I thrashed him. Therefore pets should be removed.

Do you see logic in that? No. It’s the same logic in your post.
In every situation you don’t know what you would encounter, I’ve had many deaths and learnt from them. Increased my skill level, and still sometimes situations get the better of you because like in real life you may be at a disadvantage. You cant always meet someone in pvp and be just as equally equipped to deal with a fight.
That’s the whole point of it, you never know what you’ll encounter, and when you do, use your skill and brain, rather than moan about something because you lost a fight that was completely fair. Maybe get a horse next time too.

It’s not cheeky and it’s not witty and it’s not “aha, gotcha”. It’s basically “eff you and your smug little post that takes flings poop at all PVE players while simultaneously calling them poop-flingers”. It calls out your hypocrisy and your smug feeling of superiority.

You wanna know what makes these forums poisonous? It’s self-righteous trolls like you who pick a gameplay mode or experience and think that everyone who plays differently is inferior. And I’m really sick and tired of that bull. Just because nice people like Zeb and Mikey and Barnes think it’s not worth flinging your own crap back at you, doesn’t mean the rest of us have to sit here and take it. The dollars I paid to play PVE-C are worth just as much as the dollar you paid to play PVP.

The difference is that in all my time on these forums, I have never, ever put PVP players in the same sack and pissed on them.

We did, in the past. And I have neither the time nor the crayons to keep explaining to you which one of us decided to be an a-hole and change that.

7 Likes

Sorry, but you’re wrong here. You come across as a jerk, but that doesn’t make me think that all PvPers are jerks, just you.

so for fairness’s sake, just because some PvEers come across as jerks on social media, please don’t label them all jerks. Being dismissive towards a major group of players is simply polarizing the negative feelings on the forums even further.

Until PvP and PvE get completely separate rules, we’re all playing the same game here. We all want to have fun with the same game. Fighting among ourselves and drawing imaginary battle lines between playstyles is very counter-productive to our mutual goals.

Please stop.

3 Likes

“Guess what, in real life would you be able to roll 2 meters backwards in a second.”

Guess what, this isnt real life. This is a game with dragons, walkingskeletons in it. Let’s remove that aswell if we gonna be as close to real life as possible.

Its not about if its realistic or not, it’s the feeling and how enjoying it is to play. And as therry said, everything feels sloppy with the new dodge. When cant even dodge a thralls swing with a single dodge, whats the point with it if u cant do that?
And making light-medium-heavy armor similar is stupid. They even removed the option to use 2 medium and 3 light without even putting it out in patchnotes. Light - medium and heavy shouldnt have the same dodge.

3 Likes

Yeah PvP is an environment rife with exploits and hacks, partly (or largely) because it attracts the “win at any cost” crowd in far larger quantities than other gamemodes. But how is that in any way, shape or form the fault of those who prefer those other gamemodes?

5 Likes

Okay im wondering if you’ve read and understood my text or just assuming stuff i’ve never said. And if you wanna go down that road with your sassy additute, sure.

Nothing in conan is like in real life dude how delusional is this? Its a freaking game with monsters and bosses not even existing so dont claim it has to be realistic. And i never said i want to have the old roll back so what exactly is this about? I said the dodge needed a change but how it has been done was the wrong way. And yes ofc that is MY OPINION same as it is YOURS to say its fine. But alot of people actually dont like how it is now and its not optimize for sure. You should still have more perks if you wear a light armor so its actually from use too but for now the little bit more rollspeed is nothing to care about and everyone is playing heavy armor cause you dont dodge anyways. Is this good? No. Should it be changed? Yes. Should it be back to old roll? OFC NOT. Just optimized. So please for the love of god learn to understand all parts of a text not just the negative stuff. And NO, it had absolutely nothing to do with me losing 1 single fight in pvp. I just explained that its stupid that the bad pvp players have another way of smuggling themselves around real fights. I didnt realise this by only one fight thats for sure. There are people that are even claiming that they can’t pvp as long as they dont have their horse. Yeah horses are nice and fine but if they are only used to get a way around actual pvp its not good.

Like i said, pets are fine, thralls are fine. Having it as a tool to dodge pvp fights is annoying. If you are not a pvp player that actually like to fight 1v1 without any other stuff involved you probably wont get the point so ill stop trying. Because what i meant had nothing to do with the idiotic example.

My whole post is about the recent updates and how they went wrong and why pvp players dont like it and i made some exaples WHY its not liked. I can lose several fights and i did and i never complained on a forum about it xD I dont care its pvp. I just wanted to show where de deficits in the sloppy solutions and sloppy updates are.

Isnt toxicty sth genre specific… You have them in every PvP survival game, as the principles or often the same. The more time you invest, the “better” you are compared to people who dont invest that much time (or simple cannot, because they have jobs and/or family).

Combine that with hacks and you have survival PvP community in a nutshell.

You even have them in some degree in PvE - blocking spawns on purpose or clustering the whole map with foundation spams.

But trolls get bored, if no one fights back. In PvE you cannot even fight back, so many trolls go away after time. But in PvP… :wink:

The problem I’ve seen on pve officials is the land claiming and resource blocking. With pve settings you cant destroy it which is why on my server, its “pvp” in a time of peace that could be broken on a moments notice

Hey @UltraViolent,

Please see my thread here. Funcom’s games are, nor will be influenced by Tencent. I’ve quoted PR and tried giving some explanation in the comments.
I’d recommend not bringing politics or assumptions into threads. The forums are for civil, constructive discussion.

As for your assumption,
Companies owned by or in a country ruled by a dictator may be asked to assume the dictator’s law for their subcompanies, but this should not be the case as other countries will not permit another country’s law being enforced on their land-- …btw, I’m not a lawyer.
If companies want to hold a firm position (which may result in a monopoly, which itself may be slightly toxic to the industry), they may want to enforce their own marketing strategies on their owned companies or decide to shorten or cancel certain projects, if they are not in the main scope (market) or vision. It’s their decision on whether they want to expand their company with expertise on subject X or Y.

Why does everyone think this game is or should be realistic? If you want realistic then you wouldn’t mind only being able to carry a couple of rocks on your person and the bosses cutting you in half with 1 hit because they are so much stronger than a normal human being? Or maybe you don’t want to teleport or go to many of the dungeons because they aren’t realistic? No, you only want some things realistic. We can literally summon Gods and can control them, but let’s take that out entirely aswell while we are at it sense that isn’t realistic. Either everything be realistic or nothing, sick of this being one of the main excuses for the dodge roll or anything else crazy that the player can or could do.

2 Likes

Not to mention its like 4 miles from desert to tundra…

Then less than a mile to a volcano that cooks you alive… with people living inside of it.

1 Like

Hey dorpie,

Communication did not get worse.

• Social media are still being actively operated.
  • They pushed several TestLive patches with explanation on how they want the new features to work (linked further down in this comment) and are still replying to posts as they should (quoted further down in this comment)
  • They have not stopped doing streams, they’ve only put them on hold. See for explanation my comment here.
    They may not be able to answer all questions on the streams, as there’s only limited time and people to do so. They have to focus on what’s important for the stream and they don’t want to reveal or repeat too much. Some topics are too elaborate for the stream.

See above link.

• In any case, guides are not considered high priority and there’s several being made. It’s not the job of game developers to make these and PR, such as Tascha, are quite busy currently.
  • When they have something to say and the marketing team allows them to say it, they will do so. Not earlier. See also Shadoza’s comment:

If there is little or no communication, it does not mean they do not care about the game or its players. Game development happens behind -and seperately of- this communication.

Since the stream, they have pushed several TestLive patches.

And yes, they also work on the game while people are testing. They can only tick of a list of things in-house though, it’s player testing that helps to get the real patches out there with less issues.

I am aware there has been some controversy around the Funcom Launcher, but it does not directly affect gameplay (for what it does affect, see numerous threads on the topic). Whether you like these non-direct features or not is your choice.
I can’t say how much time may have been put into this feature or whether it was worth it. It’s their decision to put it in.

As for other, not directly related matters:

This first comment seems to be specifically pointing at players on the discord, without any reason as for why specifically the discord. That there is a discord seems to be an assumption (“that discord”).
Just fyi, you can join said imagined discord here.
Yes, statistically, if these players do not also speak on the forums, the forums may seem to be more shifted to other (PvE) players.

Note, the discord is not official and is fan-made. None of the discord moderators are employees. Employees on the discord are on voluntarily. The discord moderators are free to have their personal opinion, but everyone on the discord -including moderators and employees- should obey to the discord’s rules (be constructive, keep it civil etc.) and moderators themselves should obey to the discord’s rules regarding moderation (warning, logging, discussing).

I’ve tried to reply to some of the concerns in this thread. It’s hard to keep an overview, although the preview tab is certainly of help.

3 Likes

Honestly I wouldn’t call @Ceronesthes poisonous. He’s straight up. “If you don’t like it, you can shove it.” I’m sorry to say, that’s how people are sometimes, and I see some of myself from an earlier point in him. His message is urgent. I don’t want to build a bridge between you two because your tension is illustrative and important, and I truly believe there’s an arc there, Gents.

Player versus Player is the problem. We are playing against each other right here and it needs to stop. PvP is a game mode that must be enjoyed on servers, in the game world.

Please let’s be constructive here: our PvE brethren have taught me more than I could ever learn by grinding away at other players. They may be able to help us find a solution to the rampant issues, if we don’t drive them all away from being interested in our problem.

5 Likes

Toxic is toxic. It doesn’t have to do with PVP or PVE. For every time you’ve seen “nerfs are unnecessary but they happen because of PVP whiners”, I’ve seen “PVE matters less than PVP and PVE players should stop talking on the forums”.

What makes people toxic is not the game mode they play, it’s their decision to be jerks to a whole group of people as long as they’re “other”. In real life you’ll see that with real life traits. Video game forums just invent a new dimension of that.

Normally I don’t react to that so explosively, but I guess this particular bit of vitriol caught me with my metaphorical pants down. Hence my verbal diarrhea. :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Oh dude you have not seen it, thankfully. Our loving spoonful PvP server, that was becoming cultivated and vibrant was taken over by hostiles. HOSTILES. What happens is one player gets heated because he’s being repeatedly killed, not without justification, and his things are being wiped. He’s completely depleted of beef juice, so he recruits some pipe-hitting glitchers known about the universe as straight up server killers. Zero-G saw it, I never did. It was ugly toxic horrible. Some people come here asking for help, and I get a real sense of PTSD (I am not a doctor but I played one in a movie), because what people are saying in global chat is beyond ugly.

1 Like

Oh I know that too well. I just need to look at some Conan discord servers:

Thats one way to clean it up!