We're losing our patience with all the problems in game!

More than half of the players on my server have quit the game because there are so many problems with the current chapter in Conan Exiles.

I spoke to my clan and we came to an agreement. Given how much we invested in this game, which is broken to point of being unplayable for alot of people, we’re going to give the Devs some more time to fix it, but we won’t wait forever! Exactly how long, depends on how quickly they fix the game (or not).

12 Likes

Couldn’t agree more.

More than a quarter of the PlayStation player base has left. My entire clan have stopped playing.

The duping issue, to unkillable gods, to performance and lag. It’s mind boggling how funcom send out rubbish updates and expect a miracle for it to work.

4 Likes

I don’t know how you survived this long. Funcom has been abusing the game and its players for many years, but 2023 really took the cake, and I simply could not continue playing when they unleashed Ch2 on us.

They managed to plunge my trust level from hovering around zero to negative.

• Nemedian bug wiped out many players bases, all their rare crafter thralls and items
  • They messed up decay timers so bad that a majority of players lost all of their followers. They did this on a weekend, and sat on their thumbs for three days before making the obvious and necessary decision to do a rollback. RIP to all the players who played and progressed over those 3 days.
  • Siptah was rendered unplayable for months, to the point Funcom was forced to disable decay - when they re-enabled it many players lost all of their followers; nothing at all has been done to address that
  • Ch2 destroyed server performance; severely glitched AI and warping have become the norm
  • Hyper-armor reduction in Ch2 made combat not fun
  • Ch3 did nothing meaningful to address severe bugs, but it did introduce taverns and al-Merayah to further destroy server performance
  • Ch3 further destroyed combat with rotation changes
  • Since Ch3 numerous players have reported losing all followers
  • Since Ch3 numerous servers have been unable to remain running, players are simply SOL and cannot log in to their servers

2023 has been a constant decline in quality. Every single patch made the game the worst it has ever been.

10 Likes

Sweet Jesus, of all the issues with this game, this actually deserves a mention?

2 Likes

Actually, yes. Because if you know the whole story, arrow-dismantling was actually a huge deal.

3 Likes

More like a huge exploit.
They broke down to more materials than it took to craft them. So you want Funcom to put that back in the game?

1 Like

No. And now it’s highly improbable the devs truly resolve the bug used for the exploit since they choose to make all throwing weapons not possible to be dismantled.
But if the bug happens to be resolved it would be nice to be able to dismantle arrows and javelins and all other throwing weapons.

2 Likes

Did you really quit or are you just ranting?

Try Myth of Empires.

5 Likes

I bought that when it got released for the first time on steam. Great game. Seriously. Glad its coming back with all legal issues resolved.

Another great game that I can actually recommend is Enshrouded. Still EA but this game is dope.

Btw. best thing you can do is playing other games, because the more you play the less you feel the need to come back to Conan. Don´t wait years for a game to be fixed. Its a waist of time.

7 Likes

That’s exactly what a gamer must do when the game gives joy no more.
But i believe that op still gets joy, yet is tired from bugs and bad performance.
Even so, a break is recommended, i agree 100% Winthor.
I am at the point that bugs are features and bad performance is The performance. I see new bugs as new mechanisms to give me interest, lol.
Last time my sandstone foundations were black and i was amazed how beautiful they were, i liked them so much that i wanted to come here and ask them to allow us to dye building pieces. A couple days later i saw on YouTube Multiguns new mod that dyes building pieces and i was, omg, i have to go pc one day.

7 Likes

Oh, how I wish that were remotely true. I play on four servers. They are all loaded with players, and I wish they weren’t. At any moment of the day, there are at least a dozen on any of those four. At peak hours, 25-30 are running around on our main.

And no, I have not experienced many of the problems I read about here in the forums. I often wonder if posters have had these problems, or are just saying they did so they can complain.

Yes please. But, on the other hand, I don’t know how many fluorescent yellow with hot pink roof structures I could handle.

4 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:, so true, i even cannot stand this purple circus with the torches…
C’mon barbie, let’s go party :notes::notes::notes:

1 Like

Thralls have be spontaneously decaying on some servers, lost 60 thralls on my old server … if we lose the 170 on our main server, we quit. Age of War already has most of us so bored some of us are playing other games now until ch4 comes.

1 Like

This makes me sad. About a week ago I stopped logging PvP servers because the numbers were so visibly in decline on the Browser Page. It’s just a bummer.

Granted my group ain’t the largest, the majority of my gaming friends play Conan Exiles. Most of them say they are refraining until combat is changed, something that has been promised for the next Update. I think fewer people would refrain if there were some clarity to what is changing with the Combat system. I myself am not playing because all I really do is fight, and it seems wasteful to devote any more time to a changing system.

9 Likes

My group echoes much of this. We are taking time to really delve into the new content like the tavern system, building methods and spots we haven’t tried building in as much and a keener look at thralls.

Which kind of prompted my posts about current bugs as we’re not as busy trying to survive against other players… Because there’s barely anyone to shake a stick at.

7 Likes

ONLY 25-30 at PEAK hours?

Jeez, during Age of Sorcery we had 60 + 15 in queue at peak on my main servers.

The admin had to kick players with Raid Protection and clanless people, so the main clans could play.

5 Likes

I love that positivity. Just because we’re barbarians doesn’t mean we can’t wipe our feet.

The most vexing thing, year after year, is to see dedicated players like you and Dave doing your things, and in the course of simply playing you discover more bugs than a Manhattan hotelier. Why can’t QA simply take our lead sometimes, any of the good folk who help test the tar out of the game? It’s all right here.

7 Likes

Agreed. My thoughts are that they do have a lot in the pipeline that is a challenge to handle. It’s not like they tell us what their day to day schedule looks like and I wouldn’t want them to tell us. Communication does go a long way though :slight_smile:

It was refreshing to see the hotfix this morning. Some pretty major issues that have existed for years were fixed and I hope it remains that way.

3 Likes