Where are you? No communication

Oh you mean the stream 2 months ago lol. Yea the one they said better more open communication then just stopping having them at all and not another one for over 2 months. I know people who can not talk and have brain damage that have better communication skills then funcom.

1 Like

Yea, I realised that it isnt that many players that plays PVP in here.

Impugning motives is not recommended

Many of us private server owners/renters only ever ask for options that we can set, so that the pvp players are left alone. My game experience should not affect yours. We only ask the same in return.

3 Likes

I guess thatā€™s the problem, the PVP players that burn for PVP is playing on private ones. And is talking what they dont like in that discord instead of showing it.
I do that a lot aswell, but it dosnt help because funcom does not even read their own forums but bigger chance they do it than a discordserver. And to be honest people can troll as much they want, i dont care.

As a private server operator, I can tell you that with and including this TestLive build, there are so many options at our disposal that the entire PvP subset should be taken offline and reworked. Like make an amnesty period where we vote on or suggest settings that will benefit PvP.

PvE is simple, we restore the Player List, tweak the XP to 4X like PvP (which is very successful), and some other improvements. Iā€™m not sure we need to just keep plowing on with vanilla for both.

4 Likes

Iā€™d imagine that theyā€™re all on lockdown for communication due to the Tencent offer. If you look at their investors page thereā€™s lots of movement going on with stock option vesting and so on.

The next deadline/date is the 16th March for the offer. Iā€™d guess weā€™ll see Jens and co back streaming again after that.

Hopefully with some new updates as itā€™s been too longā€¦

3 Likes

Please show me the data you have obtained? Post on forums? statistics you have gathered? There has been a few threads, but not near we got for some of the other changes.

As for the dodge roll, I for one PVP. the dodge roll has made combat at least something between 2 players and not 1 player lag-dodge-rolling thru a group of 5 players poking away and then running to safety. And since you obviously watched the stream with Alex, did you miss the part where they said they weighed the fun of 10 v the fun of 1 . They want the 10 to have as much fun on the game as the 1. And the old roll was counter intuitive to that goal. In other words, if they offend/upset 1 person (who may quit) but gain 10 players who will stay, then they made a good business decision.

And Steam Charts show otherwise, as even though last month they slipped slightly, They are still higher over a three month period since release. And the first month was the new system, then a few player requested tweaks, and here we are, at 2x the people this Feb compared to last Feb., and 3 of the top 7 average per month, the top 2 being may release and the following June, and 2 of the top 5 peaks, again top 2 release and following Juneā€¦ So data says more people either liked or were indeffernet to the dodge, movement, and other changes in December.

1 Like

Jens no longer works at funcom.

Iā€™d missed that and itā€™d explain why heā€™s not doing funcom streams. Good luck to him.
Any idea where he went?

No clue, said his goodbyes here on the forums about a week ago.

I think that the marketing team was not happy with Alex answersā€¦ He told us way to much, which most marketing teams deems as ā€œbadā€ (yeah, telling customer things before hand, is a bad thing for marketing - I also get scolded from the marekting team in our company from time to time, when I tell clients too much infos/details).

He hinted the map expansion and in the same way sorcery :wink:

PS.: I still dont get it, why its condemned ā€œbad behaviorā€ if you tell your customers things before hand. IF things are 100% coming anyway. Not ā€œmaybe things will comeā€ - this is bad! I can understand thatā€¦

But then again, the Oil of agony is still advertised false at the CE blog and its still not correctedā€¦

Quote: "Oil of Agony ā€“ Either increases weapon damage by 10% permanently or increases weapon damage by 25% temporarily " - just for info: Not even on the Testlive servers, the oil were like that :smiley:

Tencent offer. When a big thing like that happens at a company, everything else becomes secondary until the situation is resolved one way or another.

Did he ever say that the document was for the players, instead of the team? I would be very surprised to find out thatā€™s the case. A lead game designer is supposed to write documents like that for the team, not for the public.

Sadly, we wonā€™t :confused:

1 Like

I had not thought of that. After all Tencentā€™s probably already calling some shots.

1 Like

and they will have to sell minimum 500 DLCs per GM per month to pay for them :slight_smile:

1 Like

Actually most changes are for PvP. To claim that they do not make changes for PvP is either you being a troll or just completely ignorant of the facts. Either rate your claims are false.

1 Like

Ok, they nerf a lot of stuff. Thats true but what more? Thralls? No. PVP now days is more TvP noobs running behind their thralls hoping their thrall will get a hit and end u. Thatā€™s exactly how it is now. Back in the days people actually fought back without thralls.

1 Like

They had a peak when they released the mounts. Now their player count is back to what it was kinda. So I dont agree.

And you want me to show stats about people dont like the recent updates? Thatā€™s not my job, but I see what I see. Alot of people (PVP players) dont like the updates. And alot already swapped to other games, me included, and just playing some with the hope it will be fun as old days again.

That is the fault of the PvP player, not funcom. But then again, most ā€œPvPā€ usually ends up being ā€œGvPā€ or Group vs Player which is again the fault of the PvP players. Itā€™s the same sad story on every game.

2 Likes

Ooh, this is gonna be goodā€¦

ā€¦wait for itā€¦

ā€¦waaaaaait for itā€¦

ā€¦and there it is! Now we know why these forums are so poisonous.

No, I think this post was very, very enlightening.

2 Likes