Where do I go from here!

Then you should make a new account and repurchase the DLCs. The great news is you can repeat this as often as you wish.

It’s nothing to do with a game between funcom and PvPers. The competition is on official servers where at least you know that your opponents don’t have the admin password.

Maybe you are fooling yourself if you think that they will. Many people have already stopped spending. And although the spenders that are left might be enough to keep the lights on, just imagine what might have been if all of the spenders were still around spending. Bugs might have been fixed, more actual content might have been added, we might have even been looking at a update to Unreal engine 5.

Private servers are run by admins that give their selves or their friends unfair advantages or they even shut down without notice. I am not sure if we all know about the alternate reality where most PvP players play on private servers. Most private PvP servers are dead on console.

I don’t think you do.

The choice to change is gone when you get banned and what are people supposed to change into before they do, a pinata? A pinata for players that exploit the system as well as everything else. Because there is nothing that you can do unless you become an exploier as well.

I have been in a similar position. The report spammers even messaged us to brag about it.

I think that whenever these types of discussions start players become divided into two groups.

1. Those speaking out against the ban spammers. Why? Because they are frustrated about not being able to play the game properly.
  2. Those defending the bans. Why? Maybe because they were once walled in their base or saw content get despawned.

People need to realised that both groups are being attacked by the same types of players. And that is players that are trying to ruin the game for everyone by exploiting and abusing anything that they can. Every time they are defended or their existence is questioned then they get away with it.

And then we’ll all magically coexist in harmony, right? :stuck_out_tongue:

I mean, take a look around these threads that complain about the TOS, and see how many of the posters are saying that Funcom shouldn’t enforce any rules at all, or that there should be no rules against building abuse at all.

Once you’ve seen that for yourself, ask yourself which of these two groups you described above is saying “yeah, Funcom should do better with their enforcement” and which one is saying “eff the other group, I don’t care”. If you’re not sure, I can point you to some specific posts :wink:

FWIW, I don’t disagree with you: people do need to realize what you said up there – mostly the people from the Down With The Rules Brigade – but just realizing that ain’t enough. :man_shrugging:

The groups don’t have to live together in harmony but by fighting each other rather than working together Funcom just end up being pushed backwards and forwards and no real solution is made.

I would say that the UP with the rules brigade are just as bad if not worse. They know that the rules are unclear and destroy different ways to play the game. But they appear happy to see them enforced regardless of whether good or bad players are banned and lost from the game.

1 Like

You are wrong. The competition is on all pvp servers. Most privates also have rules. And people ignore and abuse this rules the exact way as on officials. Then they get banned, wait until the server gets wiped and play again on that server. I have seen Admin abuse on privates, yes. But I also have seen a lot of good admins trying to keep things going. I have seen Admins dedicating themselfs to their community, providing almost 24/7 support for their servers. And people didn´t even show so much respect as to not try to abuse the rules to their advantage.

The same people that destroy the privates are also the one that destroy officials. Because they refuse to play legit. People allways pretend that playing by the books is impossible on pvp server. But its not. People simply do not want to change. They find excuses and stick with those.

The whole pvp com in Conan Exiles is rotten to the core. They have driven away almost all decent players. Empty servers everywhere because they made them empty. Their toxic and abusive behavior caused this situation. Funcom layed the ground for beeing able to be toxic and abusive for years.

Both sides have created a terrible pvp environment in this game.

Sorry to say this but the pvp crowed maybe holds a share of 10% of all players. The rest playes Pve. Satisfying the pve community is easier and since Funcom realised that all content is focused on pve. And the bazar is going well, otherwise they would have lowered prices allready.

Pvp players did not stop spending money to Funcom. Its just that they buy alt accounts instead of going to the bazar. For me, this is a fair deal. Because if people refuse to change, then they need to pay the price for it.

You see, this right here is an excuse.

Why do I have to change only AFTER I got banned.

You are using other peoples abusing behavior as an excuse not to change. They abuse, so I have to abuse. And then they say they have to abuse because you have abused the system.

You are drifting into a spiral that goes deeper and deeper. The only way out is if people start changing. But as long as they do not see that they are stuck. Everything is repeating itself. This way no changes can be made. Whatever Funcom comes up with, the pvp crowd will destroy. This is the game Funcom and the pvp players play since 6 years.

1 Like

You don’t pay for alt accounts on Xbox

Ask any veteran player and they will probably tell you the best times were the times when there were no t&c s

Instead of report meta it was block brim stone meta and things like that should be classed as land spam but the terms and conditions went abit far

1 Like

But you pay for them on pc.

I’m not too sure of this but I’m thought pc have some sort of system that will at least warn you and give you time to sort it before they suspend you

No.

There is no warningsystem in place. You get a message that you got suspended and thats it.

Ok let me put this another way. Your friends invite you to meet them at the pub for a few drinks. When you arrive the landlord won’t let you in because you are banned. You ask “why”? The landlord says “you were banned for drinking”. You say “but i thought that, that was what i was supposed to do”. He says “i don’t care, but you can still drink, just go and get some cans from the supermarket”. The point is, it is not the same your friends and enemies are at the pub having fun.

[quote=“Winthor, post:48, topic:229538”]

At one point i might have agreed but this is becoming a reality. If you play the nice guy then when you take a night off you get offlined by someone that did nothing until you weren’t online. If you play the aggressor you practically need to get legal advice on everything that you do.

This is not true. Yes some nasty things can happen but there are good people out there too.

I am not sure where you got your numbers from but they are most likely inaccurate. Don’t forget all the alts and serial refreshers.

Really? Then why do many PvEers keep saying in this forum that they are not satisfied with the state of the official servers?

Like i said, it might be keeping the lights on but it could be doing much better.

For some alts are free but even if they weren’t Funcom doesn’t sell alts.

And this right here is called ignorance. People have said many times that the rules are vague and if you break them, then you are not given full details of what you did wrong.

No, i never abused anything, i said that it could be a reason to change that’s why i said you need to become an exploiter like them.

Again this prejudice is unhelpful. You may have had a bad experience of PvP but its not the PvP crowd at fault its the exploiters and cheats. Believe me, there is a big difference.

This ain´t what happens on officials my friend. And you exactly know that.

Funcom is not banning you for entering their servers. They are banning players because they violated their TOS.

I won´t do it, because they won´t do it and they won´t do it because I will not do it.

Spiral like I said. As long as people don´t start breaking this chain and search for others to be willing to do the same, nothing ever will change. And as long this ain´t happening the fault will always be thrown at Funcom.

Like I said, I am not defending Funcom here. They did their part equally. But as long as both parties shifting responsibility to one another no progress can be made.

Yeah yeah, I know. Good people that all abuse the hell out of the game they supposedly love just because they can not help themselfs.

What are people crying about the most when it comes to official servers? The rules. They can not play like they want to, they can not build the way they want to and people are griefing and abusing the rules to get other people banned.

Everything they complain about, again, is about the rules. But overall people are satisfied with the game. Otherwise numbers would not go up and the pve community wouldn´t have become that big over the years.

There is allways room for improvements and not everybody likes every feature or a change. But that doesn´t mean people are unsatisfied with the game in general.

Huh? :smirk:

People who read the rules know exactly what they did wrong. They just don´t want to admit it and like to play the victim.

The only time I see people struggeling with understanding their suspension is when they are new. People learn quikly to adapt.

People play on officials in the knowlegde that they will break the rules, because they refuse to change their playstyle. So they give a f… play like they want and then get banned and then cry about it.

Why do you even play on officials anymore if you know you can´t keep the rules? There are several well moderated communityservers out there for hardcore pvp players. Why not use them instead?

I mean if you have such a big problem sticking to the rules or have a problem with people abusing the rule system to get rid of other people, it is about time to search for a server where you can play the way you like it and not get bothered with the official nonsense rules.

1 Like

Even when you think your sticking to the rules you still get banned… After 2 suspensions and vague answers as to what I had actually done my 3rd attempt was definitely not breaking any rules i had learnt my lesson…

But as explained further up I was done for landclaim a 3rd time because the only thing that could be perceived and reported was the fact it looked like I owned 2 base spots, when in reality I was trying to get the 1st spot back that had been spammed and made to look like a base so in a report it would look like I had in fact stopped them from building…

Il never play privates!

1 Like

Really? the landlord tells me that my original account is banned every time i try to log it in.

They are banning people from their servers because they allegedly violated their ToS or maybe just because they feel like it. It is all the same thing.

How would you do it then?

You have very low opinions about other players. Its not the good people at fault, it’s the bad exploiter people that are to blame.

PvE are also not satisfied with server performance, being walled in, things being despawned, pathways blocked and no action being taken on their complaints.

Not sure what you don’t understand. They may sell copies of the game but they definitely don’t sell alts.

Are we still talking about Conan or does someone have something pointed at your head. Blink once for option one twice for option two. If you got legal advise on how to not break the rules the lawyer would tell you to stop playing which i am sure is not what the OP wants.

What playstyle do you think would be acceptable? Have you played official PvP against a big clan that was online?

Because it is not in a PvPers blood to run and hide from a problem. And that would not solve the problem.

Guessing these are on PC, anyway PvPers have trust isssues.

I suggest uninstalling and never look back.

After you violated the TOS. Not before. You make it look like funcom will not let you play on purpose for no reason. And that is actually not true. Everybody can play officials but who does agrees to the terms. If the terms are not clear or to vague and open for abuse then its your choice to risk your account playing there.

Everybody who is not new to the game knows what he is dealing with when he is playing officials. And thats why most have alts.

If Funcom would deside to close of officials tommorow or change their terms and let only people of their choice play on officials there wouldn´t be a thing we could change about that.

Playing on official server is not something you can demand. In this regard @Taemien is right.

Ever since the TOS got released I stood up against it. Because you do not have to be a genius to imagine what happens if you throw out rules without having admins to overwatch those rules at a bunch of people with high testosterone. And I still stand my ground, that releasing this TOS without active admins in place was a hugh mistake. But again, Funcom is not obliged to provide us with official servers. Its a free service. Their house, their rules.

Like I said: their house, their rules, their decision.

Neither you nor me have to like how they handle things.

Even if my friends are sitting in that bar you mentionend before, the landlord can still deside not to let me in. Its his property afterall and his decision.

I repeat myself: there is always something that can be improved. There is always something not running smoothly. I don´t know a game which is perfect. I don´t know any community where people not have heated discussions. The more people come together the more opinions on things there are. This is normal.

And that Conan is a buggy mess we all know. So there is allways a lot to discuss and allways a lot of people that are unsatisfied one way or another.

But that doesn´t change the fact that people love Conan Exiles and therefore are very forgiving when it comes to Funcoms mistakes. People spending not only hundreds but also thousands of hours in this game and this means the are satisfied enough with the game to stick with it.

You are right. They are selling copies of the game.

While accounts may be free on consoles on pc every alt is also a sold copy. So I see every alt as one copy.

Had not know until today, that console alts are free. Sorry.

You see with this statement of yours I have a problem with.

Because for over 5 years, I was a part of the pvp community. For 5 years we played it all. We started out in 2017 and stuck to it until 3.0. And I know that community very well. I know how abusive they are. I know all the arguments they bring to the table to defend their bs behavior.

Pvp players always talk big about respect but so little they give respect to others themselfs.

They don´t respect Funcom, they don´t respect other people, they don´t respect rules (no matter if officials or privates) and they always do whats best for them to win. No matter what “winning” means in their mind.

I show respect to people that I think deserve it, not people that make the demmand to be respected because they think they stand above everything and everybody else.

Doesn´t matter what the OP wants. If you think the rules are vage or unclear or could be exploited to a point where your account is at risk and you do not want to loose your account, then stay away.

If you play officials you know what you are getting yourself into.

Ah, yeah, the good old “both sides”. Let’s pretend that the two groups are two halves of the playerbase and let’s obfuscate the differences between them.

The reality is drastically different from what you’re implying: the vast majority of the people complaining about bans are saying that there should be no rules about building, if any rules at all. If you actually do some digging and look at the posts, you’ll see that’s true. Or I could dig up the receipts for you if I get bored enough to waste my free time on that.

What you call the “up with the rules brigade” is actually a small core of people like me who: 1) remember the times before the rules, and 2) bother to hang around on the forums.

The reason you don’t see more of us is not because the poor unfairly banned players are the majority. It’s because players who get wiped, suspended, or banned don’t have a clue why that happened, so they come scream here, whereas people who are currently protected from the trolls and griefers don’t have the reason to come and scream. If you actually tore down the rules, you would start seeing just as many complaints about griefing.

And yeah, there are some among “my group” who are perfectly fine with the way the rules are and with the way they’re enforced. Personally, I think they’re wrong. I’ve been saying for a long, long time now that Funcom needs to do better, and that the most important thing is to tell people why they were wiped and suspended, i.e. what exactly they did to break the rules.

Here’s the thing, though: those people are not wrong when they push back against the demands to tear down the rules.

So this whole thing about how we shouldn’t be fighting each other? That goes both ways. I’ll never sit down and ignore the calls to tear down the rules in the name of unity, acceptance, and inclusiveness.

The rules are generally good tbh , only problem is that they arent clear , with them . (Funcom) dont build too big . (Me) whats to big ? (Funcom) thats for me to know and you to find out :wink:

1 Like

:joy:I know why it happened … I got Spam reported!

That’s an assumption. In fact my ban was for doing nothing wrong. I was not in a clan and had no buildings but i was still done for claim spam. So it is not quite as straight forward as you seem to think it is.

Yes and this is why we are here asking for change. If they don’t know that there is a problem then nothing will be fixed.

This statement seems to be saying that it is acceptable. But it isn’t players should be able to play on their accounts and use what they have paid for. I am not speaking for griefers or cheats but for players that got caught out for just playing the game.

Yes but is not unreasonable to think that a company would want to give their customers what they want, at the end of the day the game was created for the players who indirectly pay their wage.

Without the players there would be no house, that house is only standing because of Conan players.

You still missed the point. I was saying that maybe you would want to drink with your friends rather than drink alone. That is why players want to continue to play on official servers.

Not really, you said PvE players were easier to satisfy i highlighted that they are not satisfied.

i did similar but i didn’t just stick with one group, i moved where needed. And although i agree some players were nasty and abused the game. Others became good friends. Not all PvPers want to ruin the game they just want to be able to PvP.

This could be true about any types of players or even for people in general. There are griefers on PvE too that don’t respect other players.

I see this differently. I respect everyone until they lose my respect. What you said sounds like you disrespect everyone for no reason until they earn your respect. I sometimes wish that i was wired up like that, PvP would be so much easier.

Yes and that’s why we want it to change :grin: