Where do I go from here!

Permanent bans should only be put to those who actually cheat. Like meshing bases not 1 foundation that you accidentally placed in the mesh and can’t reach with a hammer but is now open to be reported.or doing something silly like blocking brimstone or walling off noob spawn

No one?

Permanent bans exist for anyone for any reason that the owner of the server desires. Also I’m pretty certain that one block decays quicker than the time it takes for a report to even be seen. Which indicates to me that there’s more than one block in an area. So either you’re not telling a full story here, making something up, or are so bad with the building hammer that Funcom decided to ban you for it (which is still a legitimate ban because of its effect on other players… again innocence is irrelevant on these servers).

Those 1 foundation accidents are definitely a bug. When it happens, it can’t be undone unless it expires or if an admin can find it. I test my skill in single player to build on such structures without accidents. I hear you there.

1 Like

Apologies I missed that comment I skim over people if I feel we are on the same level sometimes or the threads become tedious and I remember why I stopped visiting

I think you are missing my point

@Dzonatas juat answered the other point for me … thank you

1 Like

My last suspension was for landclaim and as a admin looking at it from a screenshot and made up story point of view it fully broke terms and conditions…

We started to build in the gutter … we managed to claim each end but before we had chance an enemy clan started building either side and around the back, no big deal it’s pvp we can blow it up…

Unable to build in the middle of our base now we can not really do much with it so we move location, just across the sand ,until we have raid hours to deal with their spam claim.

During the time I am offline they build up there land claim to make it look like they had a base there 1st and we are blocking them… they report it

“Failed to retrieve your suspension information”

My original screenshots on the thread were the reply to me trying to explain that too zendesk

They do not care or know if it’s a false report

And before you say why didn’t we just report them… some people actually hate reporting and have more fun dealing with said land claim… this was the landclaim that was there but made to look like a base it had stations and everything re built every day because we couldn’t clear claim quick enough

The guys name is even hammer in reference too the ban hammer . He even brags about reporting on social media, those are some of the types of people on official

2 Likes

It’s not a perception, it’s a reality if you were to play in top PvP clans on official you would quickly see that reality and i am pretty sure that your views would change.

You are kind of right as they often take 2 weeks to reply. But foundations that are stuck in the mesh can often have a full decay timer and be iinvinsible to most types of damage.

1 Like

Permanent bans do not matter if it does not stop the person carrying on what they were doing anyway

1 Like

Two of my three bans were due to our bases getting spam reported after beating our opposition. Who were using literal meshed/sky bases and using 3rd party cheats.

The other, the first ban was due to a toxic person making RL threats, offering doge coin to people to attack us in RL, and a flurry of hateful slurs. So, we built sand stone penises around his pyramid.

Whoever submits the report fully controls the narrative.

4 Likes

I’ve an idea:
Place another, visible foundation connected to the undermeshed one (if you can make it snap), then place a sign saying “accidental undermesh, please delete” on that foundation. If you’re feeling particularly brave, report it yourself.

:laughing: :+1:

It’s buried, though. All I can do is stack it. Because I’m not moving everything around just for that.

I have problems with both versions of what @Taemien and @TINK describe as going on on offical pvp.

If Funcom would not ban people after several suspensions then people would care even less then they already do when abusing the game to force their vision of pvp on to other people.

Its no secret that people ship around suspensions by using alt accounts and its no secret that people complain they are innosent all the time although they know they haven´t played by the book.

I know how this game between the pvp players and Funcom is played. I am not satisfied how both parties act and handle things.

You are exaggerateing again. Funcom is not the innocent victim. They could do better and should do better. Their TOS is a mess, their decissions made based on screenshots and guessing. No proper investigation, not warningsystem, no communication to the players.

Because it became a game between Funcom and the Pvp players. I said this in the past and I say it now again. The way Funcom wants people to play pvp on their servers doesn´t work. It doesn´t work because they messed up Pvp completely. And now try to control the mess with enforcing a TOS that has more holes and questionmarks in it as s swiss cheese.

And on the other side you have the pvp crowed that also tries to force their vision of playing this game onto servers. They will never respect the TOS or Funcom. That ship has sailed long gone.

No side can win this “war”.

They spend enough money on the game. If not content wise, then account wise. You are fooling yourself if you think that people will not buy stuff they like just because they risk a ban on official servers.

If you get a perman ban the only thing you loose is playing with that character on official servers. You can still play privates. And we all know that most official pvp players also play on privates.

I know a lot of people that play and yes I understand not all but the majority of them no longer purchase content

I’ve never played on a private server and never will. I played ark for a few years and learnt my lesson then and vowed never to join one when I started playing Conan

My main problem with private is admins can spawn things in for people and that’s one thing at least on officials that will never happen

2 Likes

I use an alt because I don’t want to lose an account that has 9500 hours play time and owns every dlc , battlepass and most bizarre content because when you play pvp you know you will have to break rules as funcoms t&c go against how people raid on any game …

It’s like playing call of duty but no one’s allowed to shoot

I understand the problem @TINK. I really do. I have played this game for years on pvp server. Officials and private.

But when Funcom released their TOS I knew I either had to change my playstyle completely or I have to stop playing pvp on official server and I did stop. Because I didn´t see myself beeing able to beeing playing without breaking the TOS. And this not because I am not willing to change my playstyle but because I knew others will not, no matter what. There are too many people on officials that do not want to change. They simply just want to keep on going with what they are used to.

Every one of you has the choice to change. Chance behavior, be less toxic. Respect goes both ways. You are trying to force your way of playing like you always have and Funcom says no. Pvp players in this game act like little children that doesn´t get what they want and then start screaming around.

Funcom is the neglect parent that beats their childs buttis without understanding that they are part of the problem.

1 Like

I fully understand where you are coming from it just gets frustrating and I would change my play style if I wasn’t get banned for breaking terms and conditions as it’s the only way to raid a base sometimes that’s breaking terms and conditions

Iv never sent a report in my life I’d rather deal with it the way we did before t&cs were put in as we have the resources to do that on pvp

2 Likes

I never claimed they were a victim. I’ve always said they simply do as they see fit. Which is their right. That is not contestable.

If this is actually true, then anyone doing this has way too high of an opinion of themselves. Cause I guarantee the only one thinking its a game or war is one side. The game moderators when they read this:

This was a fun series my friend made across maybe a 3 month period…

It was fun for all people on the server until we started getting banned for having fun !
One person that maybe isn’t having as much fun can be responsible for getting 10 people suspended

Just so everyone’s on the same page; a ban from funcom servers doesnt remove your steam account/funcomid, so you dont risk losing what you’ve paid for, you just lose the ability to play on funcom servers with that account. If you already use an alt due to fear of that, you have already “banned” yourself.

Not helpful … not explaining my point again … I didn’t pay to play private servers….

1 Like

This is pure speculation. Unless Zendesk / Funcom provided you with a list of players who have reported you, which everyone with a working brain knows for a fact that they have not, then you are ASSUMING that this is the case. You have literally ZERO proof that it is in fact the case and are simply making an assumption based on nothing.

So, instead of reporting this person for the hateful slurs you gave them a reason to report you instead. AMAZING! Brilliant idea there.

And whoever makes the wild accusations on the forum controls the narrative here. Notice a similarity?

Actually, the text that you highlighted there was not @Taemien exaggerating, it was him pointing out how other people are constantly exaggerating. Way to completely miss the point there. Furthermore, nothing in the text you highlighted mentioned a single thing about Funcom being an “innocent victim”, so no sure where you pulled that one out of.

Then you “paid” to play on inferior servers run by a horrid company (G-Portal) that are filled with toxicity and your issues are never going to improve. Most of the issues that people have on official servers are not an issue on private servers including server performance, population, undermessing, skybases, body valting, you name it. You are crying about not paying to play on a better experience simply because it’s “not official”. Sounds pretty silly to me but to each their own. :woman_shrugging:

1 Like