Where is the community engagement?

We are all affected by bugs now and again.

We do not copy paste our responses in public threads. But there is also only so many ways one can convey the same message without sounding repetitive and some players may feel it is that way. It is the nature of the beast.

We try to reply to as many threads as we can, but at the same time, we cannot offer the level of attention and detail that suits everyone. We try to do our best, and likewise, most of our community is also excellent at keeping in the loop.

We do also like to engage in fun topics every now and then. The forums are a place for constructive conversation, both for the good and bad moments. And to that point, they are a place for conversation for you our players as well. We will continue to contribute to those topics as we feel it is important to engage in positive conversation.

24 Likes

To add to Ignasi’s reply; we get where the complaint comes from, but it’s the nature of the beast, as mentioned. We cannot realistically reply to every single bug report topic that pops up, and we can only urge yall to understand that us not posting in a topic does not mean we haven’t seen it (and on the flipside, since we’re ultimately human, sometimes we do miss stuff, so sometimes we need a prod).

What we’re doing in the ‘fun’ thread is very much the definition of “Community Engagement” and is absolutely a part of our jobs, in addition to being a funny diversion. This is a forum about a video game, after all - we should be having some fun. :stuck_out_tongue:

Does this mean everything’s being handled perfectly? Of course not. We’re aware there’s issues and we’re thankful for your reports, and we’ll always continue considering improvements on how information is collected and presented to everyone.

23 Likes

I don’t spend a ton of time on the forums, a bit more lately. But I’ve seen the devs respond to several threads. Have to say I think they do a fine job of reaching out to the players. Seems to me that a lot of gamers just focus on the negative all the time.

6 Likes

I think part of the issue is the replies from cm gets lost in a thread pretty quickly. The forum members are quick to reply and the cm post can get pushed into the traffic really quickly before the ones wanting to see it have to sift the thread.

@AndyB @Ignasi
Have y’all thought about a way to tag official responses in a way they can be posted in a dev tracker read only section.
IE, tag “official” and tat response will automatically copy and post in that thread. Allowing those looking for that answer to more easily find it. And this tag is only acvailable to the cm of the forum.

1 Like

We have a dev tracker here :point_down:
https://conandevtracker.com/

5 Likes

yeah, but I was thinking of something on the actual forum, as some dont like to jump websites. I know lazy, but they do exist. :confused:

1 Like

simply admitting that you are wrong would also be a solution instead of constantly looking for new excuses

2 Likes

You can search Activity under the Conan Exiles Dev Group or the Community Groups, and the ‘Dev Tracker’ link at the top of the Exiles forum does seem to work. That links directly to the ‘Conan Exiles Dev’ group’s activity.

6 Likes

I’m starting to think that software other than games should come with a “tutorial level”. And no, I’m not saying this to insult people who don’t know details, and neither am I proposing that Funcom should do it for their forums. But the fact is that a lot of these problems stem from people not knowing what the forum software can do, or how to use it to their (and everyone else’s) advantage.

For example, I didn’t even know about the dev tracker until literally 10 days ago, when another forum user sent me a private message asking me what the heck that was.

Another example are all the duplicate bug reports. People should search for an existing bug, but they don’t, for a variety of possible reasons. Maybe they don’t know about searches. Maybe they don’t know how to search properely. Maybe they just don’t think it would benefit anyone – and why would they, honestly? Everyone has some bit of knowledge they take for granted and think it’s common sense, and it’s a huge surprise when they find out that it has to be told :slight_smile:

Anyway, sorry for the aimless digression. People tell me that those happen more with age. Thank you for reading my rant, now get off my lawn :stuck_out_tongue:

8 Likes

Technically the forums do have a tutorial when you create a new account (via CatBot) but it may not be the most extensive program.

5 Likes

Well said.

And for reference, my background is in process engineering. Basically I look at processes, and can determine redundancies as well as areas that complicate for the lowest employee. IE, having to web surf between sites, going into settings to set up preferences etc. My job was literally to “dumb” down the process to allow for maximum efficiency of the lowest skilled employee. Just becaus I k ow how to do something doesn’t make it efficient. So my suggestion is to make it easier for the OP of posts to find any CM replies with as much eases as software will allow.

I love catbot. We still keep in touch.

2 Likes

Thanks for the usability feedback. We’ll look into what’s possible with the forum software provider.

3 Likes

Unfortunately we are always a slave to our tools:/ But still think y’all do a great job communicating
but then again I spend an unhealthy amount of time on these forums, and understand where to find answers.

2 Likes

I appreciate that; we do try. Obviously we can always do better and make presenting info that much clearer to the average forum lurker :smiley:

1 Like

Now that I have your attention., I have these 80 things I need answered/implemented asap
JK :slight_smile: :smiling_imp:

2 Likes

:adnyshake: :adnyshake: :adnyshake: :adnyshake: :adnyshake: :adnyshake: :adnyshake:

2 Likes

Okay if this is Brodie Lee, then I am forever going to white knight you on these forums!

1 Like

It’s, uh, me :stuck_out_tongue:

But I guess I do have similar features to Mr. Lee here

10 Likes