Why ? Why ? Are thralls so op in pvp

They haven’t fought anyone with thralls. The vast majority of people here are PvE players, despite the vast majority of the community being PvP players.

They can’t even understand what we’re talking about as they don’t even want to try it.

Last night my gf and I had our two thralls with us gathering mats. Some random tried to jump us, our thralls almost killed him before he managed to escape into the water and we didn’t pursue. It was especially ridiculous because our thralls were only level 10, were using steel maces and iron armor and I’m pretty sure the player was wielding star metal and epic armor. My gf and I didn’t even have to attack him lol.

It’s just silly as hell. But they don’t care about this, they don’t understand. They see their potential for farming rare mats being diminished and they freak out. Their ability to kill all the bosses, chase achievements, grab the best gear, etc is paramount. It’s a very MMO kind of mindset and it’s why I dislike that genre so much, but they’re here in Conan for some reason and they’re here arguing to keep stuff easy and forgiving.

1 Like

What you refer to could of had a different outcome if your enemy had his own leveled thrall. So basically your thralls saved you from being ganked by a endgame player?

1 Like

I agree, the thralls are made OP mainly for the offline raiding defense (to a poitn, if anything to lengthen the time it takes). That is why i would hope for them to implement thralls are reduced when on follow or not on your land claim. That way, it works to not have thralls do everything except farm and build.

3 Likes

What ?? Full heavy gear and 5 vit a lv 0 thrall will 2 shot you with a 2 hand dragon bone sword . What weird server do you play on

Can’t really have following thralls being weaker because ideally you need them for fighting enemy thralls.

What part of Nerf the thrall player damage don’t you understand

All of it. Frankly I don’t feel the need for it. The game has changed and you kinda need to evolve with it.

For the most part I find that thralls will square off against each other leaving the players to duke it out. Its your fault if you dont have a levelled thrall of your own. You also need to carry a sword and shield if you are expecting to fight the more powerful thralls even if you take a levelled thrall with you. Gone are the days you can offline raid, round up all the thralls and mow them down with a 2h sword in a matter of seconds.

You meed to evolve my friend.

PS - Thralls have to be a serious threat or they may as well just remove them from the game.

1 Like

Ha ha ha please come to server and fight I’ll bet you never kill anyone on it … Me and my group are top tier players . Please jump on

What server you on I’ll come there

Ha ha shields don’t do a bit of good when there is 10 players and 10 thralls running around . Lol bolck one and other 1 one shot you from behind . Lv 20 thrall Whit sword of crom will one shot you with over hand chop even if you in full God breaker and 5 vit . But no perfectly balanced . Lol but let’s go back up your skills come to fight server or official or I’ll jump on whatever server you play on

So then they cancel the benefit of the OP for defense. If the OP is to make them “better” for defending during offline raids, then ones following and not on own land claim should be nerfed to allow that benefit, or they are just OP for OP sake and do a majority of the work on the game.

Why, you want to stalk me because I drove your argument into the ground? Do I need to look in the bushes and behind rocks and trees for the so called man who has never been beaten? Except by a thrall that is.

I have better things to do then teach a bitter former player who recently returned to the game and can’t deal with thralls.

Dude, the fact is if thralls are not a mortal threat they are useless and pointless to have in the games. For a long time people complained how pathetic thralls were, now a few people complain they are too good.

3 Likes

But when you take a thrall with you to raid a base they will be massively inferior to the thralls defending the base.

1 Like

No, no they won’t. The ones in the base don’t react unless aggroed, and are limited on how many can react at a given time due to processing power. The follower has at least a little more focus due to following a player and can be manipulated into and out of battles, pulled out if it is going bad and healed to restart at full health, while follower has healed waaaaaayyyyyy less during that same time span. The defender thrall is literally just there with set aggro range that can be avoided and cheesed when the owner clan is offline. Very big advantage to the follower thrall.

2 Likes

If its during raid window on pvp the guard thralls should attack on their own.

1 Like

Life on the battlefield is full of mortal danger, when you are at war you don’t square off face to face, you sneak up behind your enemy and club them over the head.

Am sure you have done your fair share of ganking mid level players out harvesting iron by running up behind them for a quick kill.

Reaper, the undefeated. A legend in his own mind. Until he met a thrall.

but they act as NPC’s which means they have to be aggroed, and due to AI constraints, not every thrall reacts, thus you get 2 thralls killed, and one that just sat and watched right by them. The follower thrall will always have an advantage, because it goes where i go, and i can use that strategically. The Non follower thrall will literally stand in fire. Just stand there taking damage. Or stay in acid/poison clouds. Again, just stands there. If my follower thrall is getting hit with clouds or fire is around, i can take it away and heal as needed.

1 Like

I think you are mistaken, during raid hours thralls will react if you come close enough.

Ha ha ha no you didn’t . You said I can’t play . I never said anything to that effect about you . I am saying prove your point . Because you are not even close to the truth of things . Let’s square up . I’ll bet you are not a pvp player and can’t that’s why your going to hide . I gave you the server to go to no risk and you won’t be you know you can’t back up your talk . This is the problem . Not the disagreement on things the fact that you make assumptions that I can’t play don’t evolve etc but yet can’t back up your claim lol . Have fun

1 Like

Other then logging into my single player game to test something virtually all 3600 hours of my playtime have been on official PvP servers.

By no means am I the best at PvP and never have I claimed to be, unlike you “The mighty undefeated Reaper”. But I am very good at strategy and tactics, I use what I have available to me and that includes thralls.

I doubt your entire clan could stop a solo me from making your life miserable over a period of weeks, I don’t want or need your gear or the loot in your base. I would be satisfied just frustrating you for weeks on end.

Have a good one Reaper, keep playing and we will meet up on the battle field soon enough.