Why ? Why ? Are thralls so op in pvp

Yes, but from one of the streams, all AI adjustments done prior to the leveling patch was a band aid until they could lay the foundation for what they really wanted to do with thralls and followers. So this is the first true AI tweak to the new thrall foundation. One that hopefully leads to bigger and better performance from them.

The only thing I hate about HZD is having to dodge many of the attacks. Tumbling round and around to just barely get a hit is not fun. I did complete the game, however. My son did ultra hard, and finished all achievements. So… I’m getting old. I know how to dodge to regain stamina, but more than that dance may ruin the story for me.

Anyways, we are back to buffing the players. HZD has different armors for the buff. Okay…

I watched my girlfriend playing it on story difficulty. She ended up tanking all the hits and melee killing everything because her aim was so bad with a controller ^^

Anyways, great game and I really liked the combat experience especially on harder difficulties. Conan combat is just a joke compared to that.

I can see the “nerf thrall” threads being replaced by “my level 20 thralls die! Why level them? All that time wasted!” threads. Thralls can’t even tell what they’re holding half the time. They need all the juice they can get.

1 Like

Let your thrall kill them while you use your shield to block the attacks.

People make me laugh . I need a thrall to play the game with me blah blah blah. But if you pay attention or actually read what is pvp players are saying then you would realize that your arguments are stupid . We are saying Nerf the crap out of thrall player damage not npc . Say you are a clan of 5 and a clan of 10 comes to attach you with 10 leveled thralls . There is nothing you can do but die . You can’t fight thralls in the open they one or 2 shot you . Now with bow builds also ridiculously op . You just hide behind thralls and spam arrows to be really cheese and say goodbye to all your stuff without even having a chance. Funny that the game was best balanced at launch . Every weapon was viable except mace . Game has become hide behind thralls and collect loot .

4 Likes

People make me laugh. All they do is play the current meta, when the meta does not work because a thrall is one shoting them they come to the forums demanding nerfs. You can solo bosses with the right gear and build, you can solo powerful thralls as well.

If you are a clan of 5 you could potentially have 70 thralls/pets at your base including your own leveled fighter thralls, archers and bleed inducing felines. Even if you are attacking you can build an assault tower and defend it with thralls/pets while you pvp and use a treb.

If you lower the damage of thralls, all that will do is make the offline raid a joke. Why should someone spend hours/days leveling thralls when some clan can offline raid and easily wipe them out in an hour?

Seems to me some people just want to go out and “kick ■■■” without putting in the time to actually be that powerful. They want to run in with light armor and the latest weapon meta and wipe the floor. Try poisoned sword and board with heavy armor and see if you can take on a powerful thrall.

Thralls need to be strong or they are going to become useless.

PS - At launch the only weapon that was really seriously used was a 2h hammer for pvp and the pole arm for exploiting. Seems you don’t know as much has you think you do.

4 Likes

Your special lol… almost no one uses hammers at launch. It was mostly Spears . Again go fight some thralls tell me how that works out for you . Go fight some people with thralls .

2 Likes

But yeah almost every thrall will 1 to 2 shot a player even at lv 0 . Thrall have 4 to 5k health at start will kill player 1 tap . Put heavy armor 80 percent damage reduction . So you have to hill thrall more than 100 times without getting hit. Now base defense setup kill boxes tight areas but 10 thralls in it . Not much chance . With the way game is now we build unraidable bases we don’t even have to defend .

Hammers were the knock down go to weapon at launch and are still fairly effective today even after serious nerfs, people with hammers were virtually unstopable and the pole arm player spent the whole fight on their backside. Pole arm was the exploit weapon at launch and I admit someone exploiting the pole arm could get a jump on people with the charge but the advantage quickly faded. The good players carried both pole arm and hammer, using them both. Have you ever carried more than one weapon? Stick to your current meta and keep losing my friend.

I’ve killed many a leveled thrall, guess the difference between you and I is I create my own builds based on situation while you just use some build you found online that someone says is the best.

1 Like

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha hammers were not good at launch . They became a thing after the patch that speed them up . We have never lost . Never been wiped . But any time you want to figure out how good me or any of my guys are . We have a server set up just for fighting . Feel free to come in we will give you what ever gear buffs you want . Server is catch these hands .

Put out a level 20 Spinas in what ever gear/weapon and buffs you want and I will teach you how to slaughter him. You want to kill me, go through my thrall that I will support first, I know how to play the current game.

You say you have never lost yet here you are on the forums complaining about losing to a thrall, lol.

Being so high on the pole arm at launch just shows that you will use any exploit you can get your hands on, hardly skillful.

1 Like

Come to server anytime . Or come to any official were on . And I’m not complaining about losing thralls . I’m saying there pvp damage is op for pvp. Pay attention . Please come to server and I’ll destroy your arguments

The only proble with that is, that not all 70 will “activiate”, athus some just stand and stare as others get cornerred and stun locked. Also, gassing from non render with a spotter (acid arrows to remvoe mask) is much to easy.

2 Likes

No, you are complaining about losing TO thralls.

Of course not all of them will activate, but many will and 5 people can bring in an additional 2 thralls each, add to that the thralls that do get activated and you can make it a good fight vs 10 players and their 10 thralls.

Don’t forget you can put your thralls behind walls which basically forces the enemy to blast in and actually melee. Putting your thralls out in the open is not the best. Also, you need to be there to support your thralls, offline raids will just kill them though it may take some time.

Most people feel entitled to the 2 or 3 hour offline raid, they are not willing to work for it. They just want to fam explosives for an hour, then wipe someones 500 hours of work in a couple hours.

1 Like

No I’m not never did . Lol

Then you better delete your opening post.

I don’t see the OP as complaining. I see it as an explanation of what he would consider more fun, and that is not being 2 shot by a thrall. IT is basically an Eff U game play mechanic like being turned into a toad in Talisman. Takes the fun out of the melee PVPl for a lot of players, and adds nothing positive tbh.

He is only 1 or 2 shot because he is wearing light armor and using the standard PvP meta not taking into account powerful thralls. The game has changed since the thrall leveling was released, he needs to change with it and think about what he needs to do.

What he considers more fun is an offline raid cake walk while investing minimal time and effort to achieve his goals.

1 Like