Wrong color for radium torch gems

Game mode: Online official
Type of issue: Bug
Server type: PvE
Region: USA
Mods?: No
Edition: Steam

Bug Description:

Radium torches render with wrong gem color for certain dyes.

Cyan dye:

Green dye:

Note that I haven’t done exhaustive testing with all dyes. This is just what I noticed for the torches that are already placed in my castle. Therefore, there might be other dyes that render incorrectly apart from those I included here.

Expected Behavior:

The gem should render with the color that clearly matches the dye color.

Steps to Reproduce:

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. Please be as detailed as possible; the more details, the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

1. Place a radium torch
  2. Put a green or cyan dye into its inventory

Full green dye light as green dye earlier

1 Like

As far as I have replaced old dyes into torches with brighter ones the change of colours is like that (could be other variations as well):
Cyan-> Deep sea green
Blue-> Full blue
Red-> Blood red
Magenta-> Full purple
Purple-> Bright purple
Orange-> Pure orange
Yellow-> Full yellow
Green-> Full green (as mentioned in previous post)

1 Like

even if the current result looks different than before the patch, it is not really a bug. it is rather a side effect of the new implementation.

before the patch, it was only checked whether a dye with a certain itemid was in the inventory and based on that, a fixed color value was set to the gem of the torch. thereby, every valid itemid corresponded to a certain color code.
since the patch, all dyes are supported and the color code is taken from the color table. but this means that the color code before the patch no longer corresponds to the color code after the patch. changing the color code of a dye is also not possible because this color code is the same as the one used to dye clothing. if you change the color code for the dye yellow so that it leads to the same result in the torch as it did before the patch, you would change all the clothing items colored with this dye at the same time. since dyes are mostly used to color clothing, this is probably not a good idea.

1 Like

The light being cast by the gem looks fine, it is the gem itself that is the problem.

I think the issue is that the gem is adding a bright yellowish color to every dye, and only the most intense colors can overwhelm the base yellow color of the gem.

I appreciate that they made every dye usable, and if the new system is less resource intensive, that is a good thing too, but the gems just look awful now.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.