You want to know why this game will never be fixed?

, ,

I have seen this happen often its almost like some people actively try to derail threads to get them shut down in this way, which is deeply unfair to the subject at hand.

2 Likes

Well in an attempt to get back on track: I don’t believe that voting with wallets is the best solution, my reason being that if a product stops being profitable then the solution is often to scrap it completely and focus on one that is profitable. I’m not an expert on such things and completely open to the possibility that I could be wrong about this but I won’t be voting with my wallet.

1 Like

Well it works so hey new maps are fun and ARK well the Dino’s are alive and all over, never in same place every time I go to find one oh nothing stale in that game lol
 I have had one ctd and that was a server update. Strange how I can play for hours and not run into a bug either. Very weird.

I have asked @Ignasi to close this thread, ss i feel it is mudding up the msg i am trying to convey to Funcom. Instead i have setup a simple poll that players can participate in, if they wish.

https://forums.funcom.com/t/how-do-you-feel-regarding-game-stability-and-performance/127631

Thank you all for your opinions and time thus far!

Stinky

2 Likes

I could likely do all those things.

But a server with 60FPS will likely drop to under 5FPS if I did that. Instead of 40 players, you might get 5 or 10 for the max player size or we’re going to see some hangups.

And then we’re going to see other bugs pop up because of the degraded performance. But yes it could be done.

https://forums.funcom.com/t/how-do-you-feel-regarding-game-stability-and-performance/127631

Was just flagged and unlisted
Looks like Funcom doesn’t care what their customers want

I presented my poll in a format, worded in an unbiased fashion, free of emotion or ill intent. Flagged by a community member, and unlisted. Seems bias

I do not understand how anyone, whom actually plays, could possibly, in any way, not see the benifets in having a more stable product. It escapes me

2 Likes

Would it, though? I imagine it would if you decide to log everything you can think of and write it into a file, or send it over the network.

1 Like

You posted a poll with answers that were not mutually exclusive. And the intent wasn’t to engage in conversation. This is evidenced by the response of you last sentence.

A better poll would be:

Should Funcom focus on game stability.
or
Should Funcom focus on network stability.

Then a proper dialogue and discussion could be had. Funcom does care about what the customers want. But only when it is constructive and clear. I’ve gone over several times how to be a good customer that can help get the services improved within this thread. If you’re not going to try that, well you will likely be ignored for those who do.

I know when I worked in customer service in the past, that’s how I did it. Help the respectful customers first, and have the rude ones removed.

1 Like

One option was to have focus shifted, the other option was to continue as per current split development.

I didnt want dialogue, i asked for votes to convey my msg. Have you ever cast a ballot in an electoral fashion? Noone askes you to explain why you voted that way. Check the box and move on

How many of those “good customers” have filed reports pertaining to the same bug/issue? And how long has/had that issue/bug been active? Are you of the opinion that 10’s, 100’s, 1000’s of identical reports would expedite the fixes? If you pointed out an error in something i was responsible for, i would address it then, not wait until you and 100 other ppl told me about it.

And what happened to the old adage, " the customer is always right"? I come from a time when companies respected customers because they had the ability to understand that without customers no business can succeed. How many customers did you “have removed”? Do you think those customers just floated away? They were forced to deal with another person you worked with. After you anger the customer further, you let a coworker deal with them
i bet you were popular around the water cooler

1 Like

The worse statement to ever happen to consumerism you mean?

The “customer” is rarely right, especially when it comes to game development. The “customer is always right” is what people use as an excuse to verbally abuse and threaten those whose product they purchase from. And it’s beyond time that companies start pushing back, game developers included.

Funcom has shown time and time and time again they listen to community feedback. Reasonable, feedback. Not the kind of garbage that has infected this forum for the last 2 weeks, and continues to do so.

You want to see Conan Exiles improve? Than do so in the number of viable ways that have already been listed in this thread.

4 Likes

I dont think this statement really reflects well on you as the “chosen of asura” shining beacon of the community

People with legitimate complaints, Like being unable to play the game aren’t infected Garbage people.

I don’t think the customer is always right either, but you should for sure pay attention to your customers feedback, the individual customer may be wrong but your customers are rarely wrong in aggregate when they have an issue.

2 Likes

I think you misread what @Multigun wrote, the comment doesn’t refer to people as “infected garbage” it states that the forums have been infected by garbage. Not necessarily the most diplomatic way of getting the message across but it’s still reasonably accurate, how we choose to show our frustration is just as important as why we do so. Theoretically everyone on the game and forum should be 18+ we should all know how to behave with consideration and civility.

1 Like

Some users are of the opinion that we come to the Exiles forum to make personal attacks against funcom. And we are bias and just out to hurt ppl with our posts, because our issues are a fault of our own.

Look at the other Funcom game forums, there is nowhere near the scale of posts relating to bugs as there is for Exiles. This game IS the problem. It DOES have a great deal of bugs that have persisted for a great amount of time.

Anyone that is not capable of grasping that fact, is not a person that wants to converse, but instead force their opinion on others.

1 Like

Garbage by whom’s opinion? I see many teachers pets trying to stifle criticism, and sometimes yes, we could use more civility, but that isn’t just for those with criticism but also those who rush in to defend and berate them for having legitimate grievances.

worst still I see the defenders actively trying to aggravate people who have spent their time money and energy into playing and enjoying this game, and subsequently can see it in very real terms being stripped away from them through things such as not being able to play, and instead of any kind of sympathy, there is beratement from what should be shining pillars of the community, the feedback is described as unreasonable, the posts/opinions (or people depending on how you want to interpret it) who have “infected” the forums the past 2 weeks are garbage .

these things don’t just exist in a vacuum and emerge for no reason.

So maybe try and use a little empathy with the community and realise why the forums haven’t been a sea of positivity the past two weeks.

2 Likes

I do understand and don’t blame anyone for wanting to vent, I’m actually trying not to take sides or defend/attack anyone. I make plenty of mistakes myself and don’t always put my point across effectively. As far as I can tell everyone on the forum enjoys/enjoyed CE and we all want to be able to continue enjoying the game for a long time to come, there are just so many of us that we will never all agree on how to make that happen.

Its not up to us, we can merely suggest things. It accomplishes very little when falling on deaf ears

1 Like

Patience goes a long way. Yes there have been a lot of bugs and some have persisted or returned but there has also been a lot of improvement and the effort is being made to continue the improvement. Funcom can’t be expected to reply to every individual comment especially not at a time when there are so many issues to be fixed, this doesn’t mean that they don’t care it just means that they are committing their resources to tackling the problems and not getting drawn into a cycle of discussion and debate. That’s our area of expertise :rofl:

Completely misread or misunderstood what I wrote. But you are hardly the first person to attempt to bully me into silence based on the Asura tag. So not surprised by that either.

Let me be clear, since I apparently am not. People have a legitimate reason to complain from the stability of the game over the last 1-2 weeks. The stuff I’m beyond tired of seeing is the toxic crap that is making these forums unbearable to visit and read. Calling for people to be fired, to be black balled in the industry, verbal abuse, and other examples are now common, and it’s not just here and there. That’s not okay to me. That’s what I mean by garbage.

People unable to connect to their servers, begging Funcom to address it in a constructive manner. Yup, awesome. I’ve been reading those too and doing what little I can to help. Can’t go back in time and not do the patch that caused all of this downhill stuff, only path is forward. Mistakes happen, roll with it, be productive, be helpful by posting bug reports and work-arounds that you find, make suggestions for the future. Or, stomp your feet and complain. One of those will result in a better game, the other will not.

2 Likes

Bully you into silence? wow, I can’t see how it can be interpreted any other way that either the people here with problems have garbage opinions or are garbage people if not what other garbage are you referring to? , you are free to clarify and have chosen not to do so and have started a victim narrative instead.

all I can say is I am sorry you feel bullied that I take objection to people or their opinions being called garbage simply because they aren’t positive.

3 Likes

It died along with some other silly notions back in the 1960s.

The way you all word some of these so called critiques is under the assumption that there is a board of coders sitting around the table at Funcom, going “welp I could click this button today, and it’d fix everything. But I’m gonna do something else.”

But you all know that isn’t true. You all know that everyone who could fix these bugs you are having are working on fixing them. That they’re doing everything that they know they can do. There’s absolutely no reason why they wouldn’t do otherwise, as they do play their own game too.

But again you all knew that. You all just want to be little craps about it because you are miserable for whatever reason. Claiming you’re a victim of a mean company who silences your BS when it gets in the way and clutters the forums.

Your poll was crap and you knew it before you wrote it. Don’t even try to play innocent on that. It was a tool to troll and nothing else. You’ve been made, man up and admit to it.

3 Likes