A major update now

I don’t think FC have enough people working on the game to fix bugs and make new content in order to please most players. Better just take a long break rather than wasting time on the forum

@Enyo

Both of us have been working along with several other people trying to hunt down all the bugs for the new update. It’s a lot more stable then it was last week. I’d much rather them take another week for new content then push it live like they did with the 500 patch. I mean that was a gigantic mess being pushed out so early cause the community screamed for it.

2 Likes

That is true as i would not like to have another repeat of that so i say take as much time as needed to get it as stable and bugless as possible.

1 Like

I’ve played since the game first hit Early Access. For new content, combat changes, and a dungeon. This is probably the most stable i’ve seen. I guess the vacation did them so good. I am curious to see how it will go on live version since testlive doens’t get alot of bug fixes that the live version does.

3 Likes

Same here as time will tell when it goes onto live.

Indeed, it has gotten very stable. The first few iterations of this patch were poorly optimized, but this most recent has taken great strides (aside from some teleporting mobs and players) from even where Live servers are at right now. I noticed that I was not getting lagged down as bad as any iteration thus far.

Honestly, I think this testlive patch could come over to Live with only fixing the boss spawns in the new dungeon, and it would be acceptable (by most). Fact is, there are a LOT of bugs still in the game, but most are just annoyances and not game breaking.

The most game changing thing needed right now is an AI Overhaul for NPC’s. Fixing the AI and making thralls more user friendly would go a long ways to making the game feel very polished. It’s the only system that you can’t really get work arounds for. (Adding more character creation options and dances for entertainers could make for a complete patch where the whole team would have work.)

4 Likes

I am actually expecting it to hit live by friday is my guess. Being on the private server we aren’t seeing the teleportation that i have experienced esp on the older pve servers-1501-1507. We aren’t running near as many people as an official and not a lot of gigantic builds/thralls to contend with. I do worry about the whole pet taming thing. Now the monster bases are gonna have 100’s of thralls and pets to go along witih it. All the optimization is gonna get shot to s*** with that. Then the large pen sizes. I do wish they would shrink those down a bit. I have now found that placing an animal pen is far worse then placing a maproom.

3 Likes

I thought pets either were deployed and follow you or stay in their pen. And if they are deployed to follow, you could only have one per character.
Is this correct or can pets be placed like thralls all around a base?

They are exactly like thralls (aside from weapons and armor). You place them around as decor or defense and have the option for them to ‘follow’ you on an adventure. You can only have 1 thrall OR pet follow you at a time, not both.

1 Like

While I agree with you on this I took the time and watched the Youtube video posted above and I normally don’t watch those “Why I left…” 27 minute rant videos. But in this case I see that Polarbear points out core problems I also oberserve that will overshadow any positive aspect of the game. I didn’t even know that he was that well informed about what is going on in a rather small but potentially most dangerous group of players.

I watch half a dozen Chinese streamers, read two Chinese forums and I’m in contact with players that did and will continue to exploit until these exploits get fixed. People may or may not share those exploits with others depending on how much they trust you or depending on how valuable you are to them when it comes to sharing the latest exploits with your inner circle of trust.

And here is one (not the one but one) huge problem I see:
On the forums people complain about content, like mounts, sorcery and bugs and much other stuff. That is absolutely alright. But I feel, what Polarbear explains in his video, that there are fundamental problems that are way bigger. Take for example the duping, the shutting down of PVP (also PVE-combat), harvesting of ressources on a server and other exploits related to PVP combat and the old ‘getting under the map’. You can have all your pets, your sorcery, your new hair styles and all that but it will be worthless in the end once your server catches the attention of ‘certain people’. Not even a private server’s admin can easily identify what’s going on and who to ban. And they’ll come back anyways since you can theoretically have 50 Conan accounts via Steam Family Sharing, which is not the only but easiest way to bypass a ban.

I know that artists don’t do net coding or bug fixing. I don’t complain about new cosmetic DLCs coming out. Keep them coming! Also other content. But I really wish that someone at FUNCOM has contact to people that are part of the exploiter community or they have someone in the team who’s really really interested in tackling those issues.

I remember sending them a link to several videos showing exploits like getting inside mountains and structures via Exploit Hunters. After some weeks I asked what is going on regarding that. The response was something like: “You did send us what? Ehm… could you please make a video of those exploits and explain them step by step.” Well… it was all in the videos already! Same with the duping. I got clan members reporting and explaining them and nothing had happened until certain people decided to put out Youtube videos and share those exploits with the public. All of the sudden it seemed the problem got more important when individuals where going from server to server and placed 200 vaults and duped infinite explosive jars. Same with regular UE4 console commands like show static_meshes, show landscape, show instanced_static_meshes and more. There was a public post on the steam forums for days or even weeks until I pointed out what those commands everyone could use do. C’mon!

I personally believe that bugs made people leave the game. The lack of content also did. But I spent 3,600 hours on PVP servers and this very popular (if not most popular) server type lost players mainly due to ‘player-on-player interactions’. And by that I mean what some players did to others. Those interactions could have been legit or not. But the problem is that a minority of players can ruin the fun for the majority and they have done since day one. And they will always join the most popular servers at some point hitting always the majority at one point.

Don’t want to do an injustice to you guys and I may be a little bit one sided or entitled on that but today it just got me :smiley:. I often feel that topics repeat on the forums and back in my head there is always this thought coming up → “Well, you guys think sorcery and mounts is what you need to be happy. But one day one solo guy will come to your server and ruin your weeks of farming and building because FUNCOM didn’t care or wasn’t able to fix core problems inside the code of the game.” I may exaggerate but I compare it to like… fighting organized crime. Maybe you’ll never become the victim of a crime but there is still the need to fight it.

And I’ll wrap it up here. Many exploits and bugs already got fixed. Thanks for that! Sometimes it’s just hard to keep the faith.

4 Likes

No you are absolutely right about that. I watched them do similar stuff on Ark. It actually took me off of officals to a private server. Yeah i know they can hit private servers also. Glory of that is. Well i can lock it down etc.

Unfortunately gaming throughout the years. No game is bug or exploit free. People always love to find ways to cheat the system.

I like the cosmetic dlcs. My ovaries cheer everytime a new one comes out. I don’t mind paying the artist wages. I know its several different departments that work on things.

I am hoping they’ll do some massive bug fixes after they push this out. It appears it hasn’t created any further to the ones already in game from the MOAP/500 fix that wasn’t a fix.

But again. Testlive builds are completely different creatures from the live builds. One would think the testlive would be a bit better but sadly its not. I have to constantly remind myself every time i file a bug report. Think back to a few weeks ago. Was this already fixed in live etc…

3 Likes

Easy solution to those worried about exploiters. There always has been and always will be exploiters that will justify what they do by saying" The game code allows me to do it". Private servers are not the wild west when properly maintained by a loving admin. :grin:

1 Like

What’s your point? Private servers are the solution?
You know that people buying a game which also has official servers expect fair gameplay. Or let me phrase it differently. If you do not exploit or atleast play the game how it’s not intended by the designers you will not be able to compete.

Exploit also doesn’t equal exploit. I didn’t care when people 'holograph-duped" their weapons and tools so they won’t lose any durability until they die or log off. I do however care about worse stuff than that.

Would you pay taxes to the state for security and then let some private militia regulate your life?
I think this is how many in the community feel about this " yeah, yeah… go private servers". And I play on a private server myself atm, with very good admins but I’m still able to see the general problems. Private servers can only do damage control at the best. Better would be to grab the problem’s root.

1 Like

Generally yes. However when the company states that they will not moderate such official servers, as Funcom has done, then no I don’t expect it, nor should anyone else.

4 Likes

Think of it in this manner… The USA has the National Basketball Association (NBA). They determine the official rules of the game when played professionally.

They could pay for basketball courts in parks around the world. They could even include rule books at each court. However, unless they also pay for referees, I would not expect each court to follows all the rules perfectly. Instead, I would expect each court to slowly develop their own house rules. I may not like or want to plsy by those rules, and I would bet people would cheat. But I wouldn’t blame or be upset at the NBA. They were kind enough to provide the courts which is more than they need to do.

1 Like

Ya know…
I been playing on official servers for 6 months so far, and ehrm… I dont think it’s gonna get any better, not only because of the bugs, but because of the way the game mechanics allows bringing the worst out of people.

Ok… if it were PvP, it’s fair to say “then don’t play PvP”.
Ok, if it were PvE, it’s fair to say “Then play on an unofficial server.”

As a total Official server fan, I have come to a point where I went from pro-official to thinking people playing solo are truly wise.

I am at a point where i think that official servers actually shouldn’t even have existed in the first place. They are not ready for consumption, because it is an experience that people actually wanted to escape from, not run headlong into…stress, anxiety, paranoia… not the good kind of stress either. It’s the “distress” kind of stress.

I have built public maprooms and secured them. I have helped and did my damn hardest to keep a PvE server as friendly as possible… but the things that people do, like foundation spamming and harrassing goes so far… that I truly believe official servers shouldn’t exist.

And people know me here, i’ve ALWAYS defended official servers with a special sort of fervor, that is now broken. I am so damn tired.

@Taemien was right all along.

The other day I was talking with an alpha tribe leader, to consider giving her all my bases and thralls… tribe merge, cuz I wanna quit.

But She herself is desperately looking for active players, because it got so bad that half her tribe’s assets decayed, because there was nobody left to maintain any of it.

That’s when I realized how frakked the situation was…

Like a frog being slowly cooked, I did not see it until it was too late.

At this point I am genuinely just waiting for the update to arrive, to give me light… just anything to go by, to tell me i’ve struggled for 6 months for something that’s worth it.

If that fails, then damn Funcom. Damn. I’ve had learned the biggest lesson of my life.

5 Likes

I’ve only used officials for testlive, and even then the only ones that were decent were the PVE choices, but I still get so bored. A PVE-C Testlive would at least sate some of my PVP hunger by allowing me to build an arena. I don’t even want to think about going to Official Live servers because of the lack of restrictions and a distrust of others.

With so many private servers, it’s still a crap shoot as to which will be around for some time and with actual people. I’ve put months of work in just to see the population dwindle and ultimately get shuttered. The servers I’ve wanted to play on most are hampered by bad ping from being located ‘across the pond’. I still hold hope for finding a decent private server though, as they are much funner than officials with an air of fantasy and decent people.

Another level of polish (bug and AI fixes) and another round of added content (character creation additions and thrall commands) would greatly improve playability and keep people around longer.

1 Like

Halcyon, would you like to try playing on my server?? Sure, it’s modded, but it’s PvE, has great admins, and really great players. I know you’re not a fan of unofficials, but I would recommend giving it a try, if you’re at least willing. :slight_smile:

The only downside is that because of it’s popularity some of the best building spots are taken, but people are still finding new areas to build creative things on. Now it is set to x5 xp and x3 harvest, I believe, but we use the Age of Calamitous mod, so trust me when i say this, the harvesting yield is a good thing. lol

4 Likes

Well, so far I’ve not had good experiences with people in general.
I been lied to, betrayed, harassed, griefed and worse, despite respecting others and keeping the server a fun place actively.

All the good people save 2 have left. Only good decent people left active are @Mikey and Daria_the_Khalessi,
If those two are gone, then I’d be lonelier playing amongst savage cockroaches, than i would be on single player.

I know new people rarely make it past either level 9, lvl 20 or lvl 45, because the lvl 9ners don’t have a place to build from so much foundation spamming, the level 20s quit because they got purged before they could capture any thralls, because galleon is foundation spammed for miles and the lvl 45ers burn out from such a slow grind. Those who do make it to lvl 60 do so because they enjoy making my life miserable.

It’s a pure nightmare.

So yes. Cattibria has been doing it right, playing on single player all this while.

As for your offer necrobile; I’d love to take you up on that :slight_smile: If the newest update fails to justify the nightmare that are the official servers, i’ll come knocking :smiley: I’ll send you a msg.

4 Likes

I sent you the discord link anyway, just so you have it if you’re ever curious. :slight_smile:

1 Like