A Rude Nude Dudette logs in to SWL

I haven’t wanted to say anything because it seems like a dumb thing to complain about, but for a very long time now, when I log into SWL, my character is completely naked. It wouldn’t be a problem if I didn’t have kids sometimes around when I’m trying to log on. I’m just getting tired of covering the screen or explaining or asking them to go in the other room really quick while I get on. Also, I would love my character to be nude when she chooses to be - it’s about consent, you see. Please advise? Then maybe I’ll get on more! It’s been a while. I’m not sure how the community is doing, but it was getting lonely even in a cabal. :frowning: idk. Maybe fixing this will help. <3 Thanks for looking!

Do you have full client downloaded? It seems like some kind of loading issue, be it connection or slow PC. :thinking: Do you see other people naked too at first? Also try to repair data and see how it will go.

If your problem only affects character select you can force the game to refresh your characters’ appearance by deleting the Preview.bin files in %localappdata%\Funcom\SWL\Prefs (there’s one for each character).

1 Like

It could be tied to the outfit you chose, some (esp. full uniform + hat combinations) have trouble loading. So worth at least mentioning what the outfit is, and maybe try alternatives.

1 Like

it is just me or if your kids see you playing a game that has horrible monsters, gruesome deaths, lots of cursewords, I don’t think seeing a couple of boobs would be worse than that?

2 Likes

Thanks, Aeryl! I’ll go try that ASAP :smiley:

cray, it’s just you. You don’t know my situation, and I am not obligated to describe how I raise my family or why. I posted for assistance, and you have been none.

Also, a “couple of boobs” deserve a little more respect. Gross.

2 Likes