A simple solution to lag, high ping, foundation spam ... on PVP official servers

The idea of wiping, although i don’t agree 100% with it, is/would be for official PVP only. You state you host a server, so that would not be affected. If anything, you may get more players who don’t like the seasonal game play if officials went that direction coming to privates. Like i said, i do not believe in wiping either, and would just prefer everything have some sort of decay to minimize the resource imbalance that removes any chance new players to Conan may have. Also, 1 week is the default on officials, holidays are the exception.

Most of the time, high ping and lagg are together.
To fix this is not so simple, besides the area’s where they don’t have control for example DDoS.

Foundation spam, why are most people complaining about this?
Maybe my interpretation is wrong, can someone post a screenshot about this?
Spamming foundation is an option you can do in an open world, devs should look more into the balancing of resource & building, but it isn’t an open world which is based on following rules what the majority wants or expects in de bounderies of the game itself.

Survival is not making your own rules or being in a luxury hotel, it’s keeping your sh*t together in unkown/enemy enviroments to; survive, build & dominate.

I see your point but I’d have to disagree. More foundations needed=more resources spent=more farming. With reduced land claim, you can build fairly close to a foundation without worry. So trebuchets & builds can still be place inbetween or close to the spam with a lot of issue with land claim. Itll essentially make spamming pointless as the foundations will only claim LITTERALLY the space it takes up. No one is gonna wanna use that much material to claim land. Alpha or not.

@WhatMightHaveBeen I never thought about it that way. Never mind funcom! Make foundation spamming WORSE on officials so they can come to my server lol.

On a serious note, if a week is the normal decay time, then my admin commands are bugged. I also play on official pvp when I’m tired of being an admin but I never payed any attention to decay timers closely. My mistake. If they’re gonna wipe servers. Let it be a select few official pvp servers that does that; not all of them. As far as everything else you posted, I agree!

1 Like

Reducing the land claim radius will only force players to spam more foundations to prevent trebing.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.