Accuracy: Flattening Shot lowers damage, bug or bad game design?

Game mode: Online private
Type of issue: Bug
Server type: PvE-Conflict
Region: EU

Hey, I’ve started playing Conan recently with my friends and we’re all splitting chores and “jobs”, like we have a mason/blacksmith, cook/alchemist, etc, we’re just RP freaks, and it so happened I’m the hunter and mostly responsible for providing food for our base. After moving our base up north I was kinda sad that enemies got so much stronger that fighting with a bow is essentially useless… until I noticed it’s really not because enemies down south started taking less damage too. I decided to look things up, maybe I’m missing something.
So Flattening Shot is the 4th perk for accuracy and the “damage is severely reduced from 39 to 40 due to this perk.” as even the conanexiles wiki acknowledges. It just so happened I leveled my accuracy to 40 at the same time of move out. So I drank a few lotuses to see for myself and yeah, it checks out, it actually lowers your damage.
I’m pretty sure that’s unintentional? I can potentially see how that would be a matter of balance because of the knockback mechanic (which is basically useless on animals) BUT it’s not a matter of choice, it’s forced upon player, if I could I’d level up my accuracy for more damage but I can’t skip it so doesn’t really seem like a good game design at all. Please tell me it’s a bug and You gonna fix it…

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

1. Level up your accuracy to 39
  2. Shoot something, look at damage
  3. Level it up to 40, check damage again
  4. No profit this time, this is horrible

Hey there,

It is a confirmed bug and it is being looked into.
Thanks for the feedback.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.