All Equipment Lost After Computer Lockup while Using Maproom

**Game mode: Online official ]
Type of issue: Crash/Bug]
Server type: PvP
Region: North America, EST

This is a combination of two issues occurring. First, using the map room to transport my computer often overheats on the loading screen causing it to shut down. No other applications or games cause this heat issue. No other activities besides porting from a map room cause this issue either. Processor is an AMD Vishera 8 Core using a better than stock heat sink. After the crash, I can re-log and continue playing without issue in most cases aside from some extra corruption from spending offline time next to the obelisk.

I’m in the process of purchasing an even beefier heat sink (liquid cooled rather than an air cooler), but I have a feeling this a software issue with AMD processors rather than a failure on the part of my hardware. Mainly because it is very activity specific in this game and does not occur in any other game.

The second part of this bug involves a bug that happens intermittently when my computer crashes while transporting with the map room. Upon logging back in, I am naked as if my character has died, however I’m at the obelisk rather than the bed or bedroll. No death marker is visible on the map and no corpse is available to recover my gear. I suspect that my character has not actually died, but this is a bug. I’m posting here as I lost a set of exiled epics and star metal tools over the weekend to this one and it’s temporarily kept me from logging in.

I would estimate that the overheat issue occurs in about 20% of all map room activation. Since May, this has happened perhaps 50 times during the course of normal play. Out of the 50, I have lost my gear on 3 instances.

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

1. On a PC with a AMD Vishera, 8 core processor and an AMD video card installed use the map room to port to any obelisk.
  2. Repeat process if the processor does not overheat.
  3. Repeat the process until gear is lost.

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.