All saddles are functionally identical

Game mode: both Online official and Single-player
Type of issue: Bug
Server type: PvE-Conflict
Region: US

Warhorse Saddle Light, Warhorse Saddle Medium and Warhorse Saddle Heavy all require different crafting components, but the end result is always functionally identical to every other saddle. There are no changes in armor value or attributes. I also measured how fast the horse runs out of stamina while galloping non-stop and the type of saddle makes no difference.

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

1. Craft different saddles.
  2. Place each saddle on the same horse.
  3. Compare stats.
  4. Measure the time the horse can gallop without running out of stamina.
  5. Notice no differences.
3 Likes

@CodeMage, I have seen no difference between the various saddles either. I have crafted each type and have observed nothing of note. No stat increase, no buff in "Effects, no armor increase… nothing.

It would be nice to know if this is intended. Though I am pretty sure it is not.

2 Likes

Poitain Heavy Lance (Epic) and Poitain Light Lance (Epic) are also the same item (stat-wise) :smiley:

Hey @CodeMage

There’s some slight changes between the saddles but they’re not overwhelmingly different. Some offer some slight boosts to some stats while others boost other stats.
That being said, we’ll send this report to our team so they can give it a look to see if there is anything that’s blocking those differences.
Thanks for the feedback.

3 Likes

@Ignasi, if they are increasing anything it is not showing anywhere that we can see. Health, armor, stats, nothing moves regardless of what saddle is equipped.

Perhaps it does make adjustments and they just aren’t populating to the UI?

Thanks for relaying the info, @Ignasi. I’ve been playing with saddles a lot more over the weekend, and I have noticed some very slight differences between the saddles marked as “defense”, “speed” and, I forgot what the third was called, but I think it was “maneuverability” or something along those lines.

However, I still cannot find any difference between the saddles that I listed in my original report – Warhorse Saddle Light, Warhorse Saddle Medium and Warhorse Saddle Heavy – other than the materials used to craft them. Considering that one requires iron, another steel and the third hardened steel, I expected to be able to either notice a difference when I rode or see some change in the stats UI.

Sorry if I’m being spammy, I just wanted to make sure I’m providing enough info.

3 Likes

Thanks for the clarification. Our team will give it a look.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.