Altar of Ymir missing after server 1739 went down 8/8

Game mode: [Online official]
Type of issue: [Bug]
Server type: [ PvE]
Region: [America]

Savage Wangs lost their altar to Ymir for the second time in less than a week.
First time was during upgrading to blood altar.
We expanded the foundation, made sure the altar was fine decay wise and connected to our base to avoid that happening again since it was previously on the ground without a foundation. (lesson learned)

Second time was coming back to base to see everything gone at 1am PST on 8/8, walking through what used to be buildings caused health damage. We logged off, log back on hours later to find everything returned but the altar gone again.

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

1. build altar
  2. store stuff in it to upgrade later
  3. experience everything disappearing and the server going down
  4. log back in the next day to missing altar

Welcome to the forums and sorry for your loss. While you won’t be able to get any compensation, it would help to figure out the cause. You mentioned that you wanted to upgrade the altar but you didn’t. Could it be that some of your clan mates did instead?

Furthermore, what does the event log say: lost stability, destroyed by x, etc.

1 Like

The first time it was lost during the upgrade. When I selected the new one it immediately disappeared upon completion, the logs stated it decayed.
The second time, myself and 2 other clan members were running back to our base when everything had disappeared. 2 of us had thralls following us, the logs states ‘Altar of Ymir owned by Savage Wangs was destroyed by Darfari Archer II’ which I assume was because we had run through where it was located.

Sounds like a purge to me. Check if the logs have entries for purge start/end.

2 Likes

It wasn’t a purge, the Darfari Archer was my follower.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.