Annoying Stutter/Framedrop in Conan Exiles Steam latest version (exiled lands)

So here are one screenshot and two links to youtube-videos to show more of the problem. It is obvious that the stutter can be reproduced in the same locations. There must be an explanation for that behaviour.

Every stutter looks like this in the task manager.

And here is the next video. Laptop-Mode. Shortly after leaving the desert and seeing the first palm trees. Even if I look down while moving I get this nagging lag when reaching the palm trees.

I tried the parameters for creating shaders on load, I deactivated texture-streaming and tried to fill my VRAM as much as possible, nothing works. I am at my wit’s end over this problem.

I’ve played a lot of UE4-Games, all running buttery smooth on my rig, but CE makes me mad. I love the mechanics of this game, especially the crafting and the reduced rpg-elements concerning leveling; it’s exactly what I want to play (aside from the lack of more quests than the main storyline). But playing like this is not acceptable.

I have the same issue for MONTHS and funcome is still not listening

2 Likes

Toasty, was there a time, when you could play without this issue? Even with my last notebook (less powerful) I had this stutter-problem. Not so bad like this here, but it was noticable.

Kannst auch Deutsch mit mir reden alles gut, jes i actually made a video where i compared the 2018/19 Versions with the current build.

i came to the conclusion that Pirated versions of the game from 2 - 3 years ago run WAAAY smoother then the actual game, i personally think the client that Funcom implemented made something with the game but i cannot explain why, i even contacted a Dev and he told me that he will look into it but never responded back dunno what is happening but i am very disappointed

Little update:
When I add the following to the engine.ini file, I recognize less reproducible lag/framedrop in specific locations but seemingly more random stutter:

[SystemSettings]
s.UseBackgroundLevelStreaming=False

If I change it to “True”, the opposite is the case.

There must be screws to fasten. So a reply from the devs would be highly appreciated.

So a few minutes ago I have completed another test. I’ve installed a dedicated LAN-server on another notebook and the results for the client are as follows:

The overall stutter is better now and the reproducible lag as shown in the videos is much better, too. It is not that annoying and the framedrops in those moments are 2-3 FPS instead of 15. So I don’t think this is a problem concerning graphics…

But what is going on with this game? This is not a solution.

2 Likes

Yep, this seems to come and go with various builds over time. With some builds those bumps are even more extreme than you’re showing - shuttering for 1/10th to 1/2 of a second instead of the 1/30th you’re demonstrating. Another build comes along and it’s gone… then they “update” something small and it’s back.

I hope they fix it whatever it is.

1 Like

Greetings everyone,

Thank you for all the information and specs you shared. We sent the information over to our team for further investigation.

We appreciate your support. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Another thing I recognized in single player is some kind of flicker in the harvesting-animation. When I harvest fibre from bushes or fern, there occurs a little flicker or jump when the animation of falling twigs sets in. When connected to my LAN-Server, this is not the case.

2 Likes

So, will performance be one point to be addressed in the next big update? Would be nice to have fresh content without nagging performance issues…

2 Likes

So are there some news from the devs, a little hint maybe…?

1 Like

Hi @CptKlabuster

We are always working on improving Conan Exiles so please keep an eye out for our future game updates.

Thank you for your patience and understanding while we investigate.

3 Likes

I have recently been having issue with multi and single player as well. im getting max like 40fps highest settings, and 40-50 on high. I have never had this issue before with conan, even on a private server running mods like aoc, eewa ect. Now when i join multi or single i get frame stutters no matter where i am on the map, it was playable for awhile but it got to the point where i just stopped playing.

Heres my pc specs

Cpu: I7 8700k
Gpu: Rtx 3070
Ram : 32gb
Storage: 1tb m.2 ssd

i can play most games on max settings, i have everything optimized and have ran multiple benchmark tests on literally every component on my pc to make sure it wasnt on my end. Im hard wired ethernet connection 200+mbps. It just seems after this last update for some reason the game runs like ass on my system, i have never had any issues with conan before this update i could always play with high fps and no micro stutters

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.