Single player sttutering and freezes

Game mode: single player/online /unofficial server/official server
Type of issue:Stuttering
Region:Las (south america)

[Describe the bug here]
well first to all i don’t speak english so sorry if i made a mistake. when i launch conan exiles on steam the cinematicas cant be skipped and start stuttering, when i go on single player the sounds get a delay, enemies get alerted but they wont attack until weapon appears, shot an arrow and freezes for 5 seconds, open inventory setting or craft menus just freezes. i get a 80-100% cpu usage and i dont know i f my internet connection of 20mb is the problem. i already try without battleye and this are my specs:
gtx 1060 6gb
i5 7600
8gb ddr4 2133mhz
ssd 240gb
hdd 1tb

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:
1.start up the game
2.long loading time of rendering the textures
3.stutters

Hey @Maxtec

Since you mention you’re playing in single player, are you using any mods?

1 Like

yes and no, when i start to play the game without any mod it has the same issue. i tryed to put it on low settings and has no change on performance

How big is your base? That can cause issues.

1 Like

not big just a simple house

and when i fight a enemy thrall conan ghost npc example

Since you mention in your specs you have an HDD and a SDD, where do you have the game installed on?

3 Likes

on the hdd with all the steam games installed

1 Like

Many thanks! that worked id never though that the ssd had that potential on games

1 Like

For those people Who dont know how to move the game to an ssd do next: steam parameters -> download -> steam librery -> add the disk and move the game via right click the game propieties -> local files and the move the game

1 Like

Thanks for letting us know that solved your issues.
We generally recommend installing any recent games to a SSD drive, as the advantages of it are numerous and even more dramatic in games where content is constantly streamed, such as Conan Exiles.

1 Like

Not to gripe too heavily, but it would be nice if some further optimization passes could be performed on the game and core loop functions rather than simply recommending “throw hardware at the problem”.

You can only “optimize” a game, and add new features so much. Pretty much every new feature that get’s added is accompanied with optimization passes. SSD’s have been the recommended standard for a decade now. But again, there is only so much of that you can do. Players want newer and more advanced features, better graphics, that comes with performance costs. Reality of game design.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.