Another question again but Guardian?

Haha, that might be the case now tbf.

No this was doing BRC before TAS released with a pretty hardcore raid guild.

Back in the days when conqs were fighting against necro pet builds for top DPS.

The soldiers and their stances were nerfed since then. As you can notice for example there’s no longer damage multiplayer on.

I also returned like after 5year absence and the thing I noticed is that currently, gear and buffs are way more important then skill for the average players, then back in the day.

What was the guild? :smiley:

Started with ORP with a couple of great people then we started raiding with and merged into Hells Bells, then a few of us wanted to put raiding as more of a Focus so we Founded a guild Called Affinity, then I left the game for a little bit and Joined Tainted souls for a little bit of raiding but not much, Trying to get back into raiding now but I know what you mean about gear and AA etc, having to hit the raid finder to get the T4 sets and shards for the legendary rings etc. Let alone still filling out my AA Haha.

Well am pretty sure I remember you from Hells Bells but you were on your sin Skeff back then :smiley:

credits at the end. also i miss hammer and lera <3.

Yeah Affinity struggled when Lera left, I had to do a lot of raid leading and I was far too young, good experience though, would have done things differently now I’m more mature.

BTW the first raid I led was a Hells Bells Alt raid where you coached me through it via tell so thanks! I think Itemcho got some gear out of it though.

Can anyone post polearm solo / grinding spec they use in Khitai? Is it mix of defensive and offensive feats or just pick ones that increase dmg?
Also if leveling unconquered Guard and going polearm should I build it more defensive?

My opinion you should avoid Khitai stuff (except Gates to Khitai) as uncoq. And about more def. or offensive you still gonna be a very low on damage def. or offensive compared to other classes so I would go def. And builds are on forums, on this one or archive just look by yourself.

Yea found topic with polearm tanking (has useless threat feats), pure dps polearm build and standard tanking build.
So my only option for solo polearm build is to make one myself. Was thinking taking first armor and hp regen from tanking tree, taking some defensive feats from general and going rest in tempest tree for polearm. Only thing I am not entirely sure if I should take improved defensive stance and play with it as frenzy is not an option. Taking way to much dmg for some dps increase.

I leveled an unconq Guard recently (died due to lag at trashmobs in sanctum at level 40, but finished all bosses after that w/o dying) and the damage and tanking potential was pretty good. dps was comparable to brute conq of the same level. as i’ve mentioned before: Control enemy’s shielding, go for ‘auto’ damage with reflection damage and dots and go for groups of ~3 mobs. so you wanna mainly play with Polearm but switch to Sword/Shield for: Counterstrike, CCs and Guard Destroyer (and maybe an Overreach every now and then, to move Shields to the left).

So basic ‘rotation’: Start with CounterStrike, move to Polearm, use Guard Combo, Flashing Arc, (Brutal) Enraging Wound, depending on the Shields of enemy. Refresh Counter Strike whenever ready, use guard Destroyer and make use of your mass of CCs
Stay in Defensive Stance when dealing with several enemies, switch to off stance when one is left or after using CCs (Reckoning hits much harder in Off-Stance).

thats how my Guard looked at 40: https://joharaoc.eu/feat?link=v21_11404e2404e8804eeb0572005bd005c340584c
thats level 70: https://joharaoc.eu/feat?link=v21_11404e2404e88053360539a04fb4062d50546005078052080572005bd005c340584c05976059d805c9405a4005aa4061ac05e88

i value Hit Rating really high while leveling; you have lots of mobility with the charges, if you go for Battle Cry or Savage Counterstrike is up to you

2 Likes

You can use something like this. And stay in neutral stance. :wink:

1 Like

@Quark I see, so you play almost like hybrid shield and polearm. Interesting build Thanks.
@Yawgmoth Nice, thanks mate. That is something similar I had in mind.