Anyway to unbind console key or disable console?

Game mode: [Single-player]
Type of issue: [Misc]
Server type: [PvE]
Region: [US]

I am left handed and I use 0/Ins keypad button for jumping, and right Shift for sprinting. Any time I keep holding down Shift and try to jump console pops up and focuses input. This can be deadly in combat and is rather immersion breaking.

Been playing a couple weeks now, awesome game. Thank you!

1 Like

You might need to change your other keys because from past experiences the console keys are not changeable, but of course the devs would know better than me and might show you a work around to best suited you. :frowning:

Hey @reptilmo

Welcome to our community.
Could you try editing these settings in Input.ini or DefaultInput.ini to the keys of your choice?

ConsoleKey=None
-ConsoleKeys=Tilde
-ConsoleKeys=None
-ConsoleKeys=Insert
+ConsoleKeys=Tilde
+ConsoleKeys=None
+ConsoleKeys=Insert

2 Likes

Another lefty here. I use right shift for jumping and the 0/Ins key for sprinting, so the same keys but the other way around, and I haven’t experienced this problem. Maybe try swapping the order and see if it still opens the console.

Of course, if you’re using the US keyboard layout, some hotkeys may be different from my Finnish/Scandinavian one.

1 Like

Ah, I got it, found DefaultInput.ini. Thank you, Ignasis!

1 Like

This has been driving me nuts for over 2 years now. Always happens when I’m running away from Dalinsia.

Will have to give it a try.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.