Arena ceiling piece cause falling animation

Game mode: [Online ]
Problem: [Bug]
Region: [Eastern US]

I apologize if this was brought up before but I couldn’t find it in a quick search. Quite often, I have been experiencing the falling animation on my character when they walk over the DLC arena ceilings. This happens sometimes for the arched ceilings and sometimes for the flat ones but only seems to be happening for the arena set. I also have noticed that the arena set has more trouble than other pieces loading in so that I sometimes walk inside of the pieces before being teleported on top of them, even on small builds with little else around. While my character does the falling animation he is able to move across the ceiling tiles, although he cannot run. Needless to say it’s pretty annoying.!

Steps on how to reproduce issue:

1. Build something with the arena ceiling pieces
  2. Load into the game
  3. Walk across the ceiling pieces and watch as your character experiences extreme high anxiety.
  4. Reload the game (sometimes better, sometimes not)

Have that sometime in my mainbase, which is t3 but not a single arena piece, as it was built before this DLC.
I reconnect/restart the game then and its back to normal.

Also its never the whole base. Some parts on every floor.

Walk away from your base so that you can no longer see it then go back it should render in again and be fine. It’s not specific to the Arena DLC pieces as it can occur with even the T1 sandstone pieces.

I have experienced this falling animation while walking as well with other dlc building pieces, it’s not just arena. At the same time I went outside and couldn’t farm any stone either, I would hit the rock with a pick and nothing would happen. I had to sign out the server and sign back in and it corrected it. It’s a weird bug.

Fresh started and login today…

Fly swim

After a while on the same spot, I am half gone:

You can leave the server and come back. This also works for when your trying to harvest items and you just walk through them. If that doesn’t work you’ll have to wait for a server refresh.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.