ARK Contest: Design a tour!

For some spring is here, for others the leaves are falling. In both cases what more of a beautiful time to be outside then now!

Some of you may have started to experience ARK tours popping up around Rubi-ka and Shadowlands. Those fun moments when players get together and enjoy some story time and forget about the daily grind of life, but there is so much to explore.

We are excited to announce ARK tours first official contest where you become the tour guide!

For this contest we are looking for people out there who want to tell a good story, and show off their favorite playfield. All you have to do is create a tour path, and dialog for the tour area, put it into a word document, and send it to us, that’s it :slight_smile:

there are a few area though that are off limits;
No Pande
No raid instances
No areas that players can’t get to on their own such as city instances or discontinued areas that you may have a character in.

So the fun part

This contest starts today, and runs through the last day of April. ARK tours will then look over the submissions and pick out their favorite tours. The person with the winning tour entry will have their tour developed into a tour script panel by ARK tours, we will assist you as you run the tour for players (including announcing the tours and advertising it) and we will integrate your tour into the ARK Tours rotation and give you credit each time it’s run. (yay eternal fame!)

to submit your entry send an email to tours@aoark.org with the subject line (Tours contest submission - playername)

I look forward to seeing what everybody comes up with!

3 Likes

Hello!

wonderful idea, thank you for that!

I have one question. Is the route or the path allowed to have points were all attendees get warped? E.g. like the recent Inferno Tour or the ARK Playfield Tour?

Best

Marinus

Hey @Fairwolf,

Is there a list of existing tours so people can better target underserved playfields?

1 Like

Apologies I couldn’t get to this earlier today, but the ARK tours are of the following areas

Omni Tour - Basic coverage of omni PFs
Clan tour- Basic coverage of major clan cities
Neutral Tour- See above
Inferno tour
Nascence tour

1 Like

Omni-tek certainly has a lot to hide, let’s expose their secrets in a tour! we can see the shadows and mutants in the reck, head over to the one and the pest, head to where the first atrox mutations took place.

there’s been some trouble in the reck! it seems the island of the dead isn’t so dead! new mobs are spawning from the ether, seemingly drawn by the synthesis event the mysterious observer must of been studying(rhinomen, medusas, and mantis’s ql 150-200+)! neleb and his mind puppets seem to be converging on the spot(spawn boosted neleb and his gang after clearing the first set of mobs), and the dreachloch corp seems very interested in the event as well(spawn some dreads you get it NOT the poopy ones that require mechs).

i’m not appose to a multi area tour if you can find out how to run it effectively.

@Fairwolf, can we get an answer to this?

My decision on whether to participate kind of hinges on this answer.

Thanks!

Omni Tour - Basic coverage of omni PFs
Clan tour- Basic coverage of major clan cities
Neutral Tour- See above
Inferno tour
Nascence tour

Still have time for this! looking forward to seeing all of your amazing work.

Hey all,

this was a lot of fun, and we couldn’t really pick just 1 winner, so let me congratulate our 2 winners. Saavick and Gemmikins!

we look forward to working with you both in the near future as we develop your new tour, and help you run it!