Yogtober: A Building Contest

A harrowing wind starts blowing as Yog grows restless in his sleep, waking up to suffocate the world in his cloud of nightmares.

Yog demands one thing. A beautifully horrible place to spend the Yogtober together with his favorite worshippers.

Exiles, welcome to Yogtober. Our new building contest brought to you by us and your favorite deity, Yog. Your task is simple: create a building that best fits the category of your choosing. You can choose to participate in any one of the categories and create your own personal nightmare.

Judging will be based on creativity, originality, and how well they fit with the chosen category. Judges will be from the community managers, community support, and a select few Exiles volunteers.

The buildings do NOT have to be Yog themed, we just think he’s pretty neat.

So what are these categories?

• Gothic: The romance in horror. Maybe a fascination with the dark, a sudden interest in the macabre. Pastel tones, black dye, the everbright grace of subtle white touches. Turn your home into your very own gothic canvas.

• Haunted House: Creaking floorboards, something’s ticking on the window… Did you hear something? Huh, must be the wind. Watch out for the chain clanks you might hear in the night and never, I mean NEVER go into the room with the red door.

• Necromancer’s Tower: The dark magics of the afterlife are calling to you. Answer them, but do it in a stylish way. Build a Necromancer’s Tower fitting for a dark sorcerer and imprison the earthly light inside so it is unreachable for the ones that need it.

• Sacrificial Temple: Sorcery is here. And you know there is no sorcery without some blood magic. What do you need for blood? That’s right, a sacrifice! Make your very own sacrificial temple to lure curious cats and do your bloody deeds.

• Cabin in the Woods: Never fails to scare off even the bravest exiles of them all. Isolated, in the middle of the woods, away from all living life… or is it? Only way to find out. Build a cabin in the woods and attract all kinds of cryptids so you can have a crazy party when Yog arrives.

Take your pick and start working on your cozy horror house!

There will be two winners for each category, one for unmodded and one for modded.

Feel free to share your creations on social media!

All entries must be submitted by 2022-11-01T03:59:00Z. We will not accept any entries after this date. Winners will be announced on 2022-11-14T19:00:00Z. Entries must be submitted through SurveyMonkey: Yogtober: A Building Contest Survey

You will be rewarded a plenty with:

The 10 winners receive:

• The Age of Sorcery chapter 1 Battlepass OR choice of 1 DLC pack
    • The Battle Pass prize unlocks the full pass as if you bought it, but keep in mind you must still level up your pass to earn rewards!
    • Isle of Siptah is not eligible as a DLC pack prize. All other DLC packs, as seen in the DLC tab of the Bazaar, are fair game.
  • Plus choice of one of the following items:
    • Black Magic Starter Set
    • Gurnakhi Gear
    • Echoes of Acheron
    • Rotting Rhino

We will pick 2 winners for each category, totaling 10 winners. This means 5 for modded and 5 for unmodded.

You can join from any platform you want. Modded and unmodded entries will be judged separately in their own categories.

Please send us your entry through SurveyMonkey: Yogtober: A Building Contest Survey

• We will accept entries until 2022-11-01T03:59:00Z. Entries submitted after this date will not be counted.
  • Please be sure to double check the email address you enter, so that we can contact you if you win.
  • If you do not submit it through the SurveyMonkey form it will not be counted.

Good luck, Exiles. You have until the end of October 31st; the last night of Yogtober, Xuthalloween.

Please use only the following websites to upload your building:

Additionally:

• Your entry must include an image and/or video of your building.

• If you include a video, please keep it under 5 minutes.

• If you include pictures, please keep it under 15 images.

• When you submit your building entry, you affirm that it is your own work. You may have help making it, but it can only be submitted once. Please do not submit an entry that you did not make.

• One entry per email per person.

• All entries must adhere to the Conan Exiles Code of Conduct .

• Do not edit your images in any way, such as filters.

• Only submit for one category.

Odds of winning will be determined by number of entries.

No purchase necessary

Privacy: Funcom’s Privacy Policy is at: Privacy Policy - Funcom

Restrictions: Void where prohibited by law. Participants must be of legal age in their country of residence to participate. Directors, officers and employees of Sponsor, its parent, and any of their respective affiliate companies, subsidiaries, agents, professional advisors, advertising and promotional agencies, and immediate families of each are not eligible to win any prizes. All applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.

Use of Entries: In consideration of the chance to enter the Contest, The Sponsor(s) shall have the perpetual, non-exclusive, worldwide license and right to use, modify, reproduce, publish, perform, display, distribute, make derivative works of and otherwise commercially and non-commercially exploit Entrant’s name, character, likeness, and entry materials in perpetuity and throughout the universe, in any manner or medium now existing or hereafter developed, without separate compensation to Entrant or any other person or entity.

General Release: By entering the Contest, Entrant releases participating sponsors and any of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, employees and agencies (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from any liability whatsoever, and waive any and all causes of action, related to any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the Contest or delivery, misdelivery, acceptance, possession, use of or inability to use any prize (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, taxes, fees, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy.

Affidavit, Release and Data Collection: As a condition of being awarded any prize, winners will be required to execute and deliver to Sponsor’s a signed Affidavit of Eligibility, which includes an acceptance of these Official Rules, a release of liability and delivery information for prizes. Entrant is informed that the data collector is Funcom Oslo AS., and the data collected will be transferred to the United States of America. Upon request, Entrant will be provided with access to Entrant’s personal data. Entrant may withdraw their personal data upon request, however in such an event, Entrant will be disqualified as an entrant in the Contest prior to the fulfillment of prizes.

Prizes: Prize values based on purchase of 120 Crom Coins ($1). Offered prizes are valued at the following:

• Chapter 1 Battlepass: $10.00
  • DLC pack: $9.99
  • Black Magic Starter Set: $11.38
  • Gurnakhi Set: $12.74
  • Echoes of Acheron: $6.72
  • Rotting Rhino: $8.96

Winners List: After November 14, 2022 02:00 PM winners will be posted on the Funcom official forums.

Sponsors:
Funcom Oslo AS.
Kirkegata 12 N-0153 Oslo Norway

13 Likes

:ghost:

Time to steal their brooms and whack some witches into submission, the wheel of pain requires spooky persona!

…and maybe a spider or two dozen.

3 Likes

Hi there, “Modded” would apply to building related/altering mods only or any mod at all?

Good question!
This would be any mod at all. We don’t want to blur the lines of what mods would and wouldn’t be allowed in the “unmodded” category.
So regardless of what mod you use, if you use ANY, it’ll go into the “modded” category.

1 Like

Sadly I am devoid of talent when it comes to creative building. But I happen to have a great friend here on the forum who excels at it. And when I saw sub categories such as; necromancers tower, gothic, sacrificial temple and haunted house, I knew it would be right up his alley. And if there is any doubt as to this, I would encourage members to take a look at some of his past works. Summoning @Necro.

2 Likes

What if you’ve already cleared the Battle Pass, and already own all the DLC?

Are there any participation rewards? I remember we got a full DLC for participating in a contest like this several years ago.

3 Likes

Where in the forums do we post our pics? In this thread? Will there be an official entry thread? Do we just make a new post?

Hi @Gorin , I think you put the deets in the survey monkey link in the OP: of course you should also share them with us all here on the forum as well but make sure you’re in the running as well! I clicked on it and it gives you the option to link them to your gallery/video for your entry.

This is the part I’m asking about.

Hello and happy Yogtober,

i have created a sacrifical temple as a solo player and i hope you enjoy my pictures, that i have made for the contest. I have also made a screenshot of the mods that i used. Uploaded on Googledrive. Sadly i cannot include Links in my Posts nor can new members post pictures, so youll have to wait for the Devs to show em to you or you.

If you wanna contact me my Discord is Darion#4546 .

2 Likes

I will try one of each, I believe you have no problem with that @Spynosaur_Nicole :rofl:. Either way I never participate to win, my “win” is always my gaming hours in this game and your contests are always a good reason to keep playing. Tomorrow I start, thank you once again Nicole :+1:t6:.

Ps. My friend @Croms_Faithful let it flow, no need to be an architect or an artist, do it for your own fun :wink:.

2 Likes

You are to HUMBLE bet your building is great.

3 Likes

Wandering around the Forum a bit will give you access needs to confirm your not a bot. @Darion

2 Likes

Please tell me that creative mode is allowed, please, please, please… I never felt so free…
I was sloppy testing

Is it allowed?

6 Likes

WHAT did I just see?

@stelagel

that’s crazy, big fan of the new construction mode.

1 Like

@Damon
Man truly! This thing took less than 2 hours, no thinking no design no nothing, just what if I do this? Oh cool, or Naah I don’t like it, but wait it looks cool after all… You know sloppy building, everything that comes to your mind at this moment…
You feel so damn free, you don’t have stability rules anymore, you can even fix a sky base just like that…
This feeling of freedom is awesome, but is it fair for the competition?

1 Like

Does Nvidia’s screenshot mode depth of field count as a filter?

1 Like

Damn good question @Community? Feedback please times running short.

1 Like

No my friend I am (sadly) not being humble here. While my current base is…adequate, it took literally 2+ years of refinements to get it to this point. ALL of my old bases just looked like 3 storey 10 x 10 squares with balcony all the way around them. I even recall that when I tried to build a temple to my much loved Crom for a previous contest, it began to look the same and I threw in the towel out of frustration. But it does not worry me. Much like going to an amazing art exhibition, I am content to behold and admire, and enjoy the works and talent of others. :innocent:

1 Like

Most of our building is big square or rectangular building’s with balconies. One cooler building if I can find the picture will send you :wink:

2 Likes