The contest is now over. Here were the details of the contest. All submissions to the contest can be found on this forum post below. There is also a VOD available of Deaso and I discussing our thoughts on everybody’s submissions.
LBPR - Building Contest!
In celebration of the mod, Less Building Placement Restrictions (LBPR for short) hitting 200,000 downloads, we are hosting a building contest. Prizes, sponsored by Funcom, will be given out based on where the submission lands in the judging. Here are all the details.
- Contest was over 3.5 Weeks long and extended past the original deadline.
- Started, Friday at March 20th at 0800 CET, and ended on April 16th at 2359 CET
- Winners were be revealed on a live stream hosted by Wak4863 on April 17th at 1600 CET. (07:00 AM PST, 10:00 AM EST)
The link for that VOD can be found here.
- Three screenshots are allowed per user, either of the same building or structure, or of three different buildings.
- This is a mod based building contest. Any mod is allowed, though LBPR is required. For a list of mod suggestions, see below.
- Must be a new creation, not something previously built.
- Submissions can be posted here on the forums, or on our Discord found below.
- Deaso, Multigun, and Testerle will serve as judges for this contest.
- Judging will be based on the uniqueness of the submission.
What Uniqueness Means
- Players have free roam on what uniqueness means, the idea is to encourage players to push the boundaries where only something mods allow. Suggestions to help you get started include, but are very much not limited to:
- A replica of a real life or fictional structure.
- Build something that is inspired by a real life or fictional structure.
- Create something entirely unique and never-before-seen.
- Sharing your backstory and inspiration into the design is highly encouraged. If you based it on or were inspired by a real life/fictional structure, please share where your inspirations came from.
Restrictions and Other Rules on Submissions
- Submissions must be SFW
- While not required, it is encouraged to list what mods you used in your screenshot.
- Followers/Thespians are allowed in screenshots, but it must be centered around building as the main piece.
- Filters are allowed
- Photoshop or other photo editing software is not allowed.
- No photos taken from a mobile device.
The top 5 submissions will be given a Conan Exiles Complete Edition key, which is provided by Funcom for this contest.
In addition, submitted screenshots will be placed into an ‘Extra Large Picture Frame’ in the LBPR - Additional Improvements Add-On mod.
The next top 10 submissions will have their screenshots added to the Extra Large Picture Frame.
Picture Frame Details
The Picture Frame, in the next update for LBPR AI, has a few cool unique features. See the below video for a demonstration (Picture frame shown is the Extra Large Variant).
The mod does (or will in the next update) have a smaller “main” Picture Frame that has screenshots submitted on our discord. However, the Extra Large variant will be exclusively reserved for Building Contest winners.
Here are some mod suggestions to use for the contest, though you are certainly allowed to use whatever you wish. This list is just to help you get started if you aren’t familiar with some of the mods out there.
- Less Building Placement Restrictions and the LBPR Additional Improvements Add-On mod
- Arena Pier
- Dudes Delightful Decorations
- Glass Constructions and More
- Immerse RP
- Mythos: Greystone Building Pieces
- Northern Timber
- Pythagoras and/or Pythagoras Support Beams
- Savage Steel (Volume 1 and/or 2)
- Shadows of Skelos (Volume 1 and/or 2)
- The Age of Calamitous
- Warrior Mutator for Conan Exiles
For a full list of suggestions, see this workshop collection -----> https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=1800173706