Building Contest: Tower of the Elephant (NOW ENDED)

It’s time for another building contest! It has been a while since we’ve had one, so we hope you missed these as much as we have. If you didn’t get a chance to participate previously, make sure to check out the incredible winners of the Tiny Homes Contest and Building Recreation Contest.

The contest this time around is a special one! We are working together with Perilous Worlds and Conan Properties International, LLC to celebrate the launch of their board game on Kickstarter: Conan the Cimmerian: Tower of the Elephant. Using the game box and the pieces inside, you will be able to make a 3D Tower of the Elephant right on your tabletop. Take a look at the pictures, gameplay, and many more details on their Kickstarter here! Now see how you can win one yourself!

whattodo

We are challenging you to build your own Tower of the Elephant in Conan Exiles. In the story, Conan is greeted with lions, spiders, treasures, and more. The details and how you’d like to present them is up to you! You can also take inspiration from the comic books of the same story.

Once your tower is complete you can take screenshots, video, or create your own comic. Just make sure it’s from within the Conan Exiles game. You don’t need to only include the tower; you can also include other aspects such as the garden surrounding it.

Judging will be based on creativity; how will you construct the Tower of the Elephant? The panel of judges consist of Community Managers at Funcom, as well as the masterminds behind The Tower of the Elephant board game.

TotEHeader1

duedate

All entries must be submitted by 11:59pm EDT on 2020-07-10T04:00:00Z . We will not accept any after this date. Winners will be announced at 1pm EDT on 2020-07-17T04:00:00Z!

prizes

10 Runner up Winners: Tower of the Elephant T-shirt of your choice and an Architects of Argos key. (Total prize value $49.94)

5 Grand Prize Winners: Your very own copy of the Tower of the Elephant board game delivered to you! You will also receive an Architects of Argos key and a T-shirt of your choice. (Total prize value of $99.93)

Choices of shirts are shown here:

basicrules

• Your entry must include the Tower of the Elephant. We will be judging the inside and outside of the tower.

• NO MODS ALLOWED. This is to keep it even between PC and consoles.

• You may use the admin tool if creating it on a private server/singleplayer.

• You may use Ansel.

• One entry per email per person.

• Please refrain from sending pictures taken from mobile phone.

• You may use DLC.

• If you are picked as a winner and already have the Architects of Argos key, we will still send the key to you. You can with it what you wish, whether that’s giving it to family/friends or stream giveaway.

How to Enter

• Please send us your entry of the Tower to this email address: contest@funcom.com to enter.

• If you do not email us here, it will not be counted.

• Make sure your subject line is “Tower of the Elephant Contest”.

• We will accept entries until 2020-07-10T04:00:00Z. Entries submitted after this date will not be counted.

• In the body of your email, please mention which platform (PS4/Xbox/PC) you built your tower. If you built it on a private server, please mention the name of the server. If built on an official server, tell us the number.

• Please also include your shirt size.

screenshotsonconsole

We understand that the process can be easier on PC so here is some help on how to do it for console.

PS4

1. Press the Share button on your PS4 controller for at least one second.

2. This will open up the share menu. Here, press the triangle button to save the screenshot. If you want to discard the screenshot, press the circle button on the PlayStation 4 controller.

3. Once you have your screenshot(s) captured, navigate over to the Capture Gallery, and find the Conan Exiles folder. Press the Option button on the PS4 controller and select Copy to USB Storage Device.

4. Select the screenshots you want to transfer and copy them over. Once copied over you can easily attach them to an email on your computer.

Xbox

1. While playing a game double tap the Xbox button on your controller to capture a screenshot and pressing Y to save the screenshot. Or if you’re one of the rare few with Kinect plugged into your Xbox One, you can say “Xbox, take a screenshot” to take and save a screenshot.

2. After saving the screenshot. Press the Xbox button to suspend the game.

3. Go to the Upload app on your Xbox One and choose the screenshot you want to share from Manage Captures.

4. Press the Menu button and choose Share.

5. You can upload it to OneDrive, then email them from OneDrive. Or just download them to your computer from OneDrive, then email them to us.

Terms and Conditions

Odds of winning will be determined by number of entries.

No purchase necessary

Privacy: Funcom’s Privacy Policy is at: https://www.funcom.com/privacy-policy/

Restrictions: Void where prohibited by law. Participants must be of legal age in their country of residence to participate. Directors, officers and employees of Sponsor, its parent, and any of their respective affiliate companies, subsidiaries, agents, professional advisors, advertising and promotional agencies, and immediate families of each are not eligible to win any prizes. All applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.

Use of Entries. In consideration of the chance to enter the Contest, The Sponsor(s) shall have the perpetual, non-exclusive, worldwide license and right to use, modify, reproduce, publish, perform, display, distribute, make derivative works of and otherwise commercially and non-commercially exploit Entrant’s name, character, likeness, and entry materials in perpetuity and throughout the universe, in any manner or medium now existing or hereafter developed, without separate compensation to Entrant or any other person or entity.

General Release. By entering the Contest, Entrant releases participating sponsors and any of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, employees and agencies (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from any liability whatsoever, and waive any and all causes of action, related to any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the Contest or delivery, misdelivery, acceptance, possession, use of or inability to use any prize (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, taxes, fees, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy.

Affidavit,Release and Data Collection- As a condition of being awarded any prize, winners will be required to execute and deliver to Sponsor’s a signed Affidavit of Eligibility, which includes an acceptance of these Official Rules, a release of liability and delivery information for prizes. Entrant is informed that the data collector is Funcom Oslo AS., and the data collected will be transferred to the United States of America. Upon request, Entrant will be provided with access to Entrant’s personal data. Entrant may withdraw their personal data upon request, however in such an event, Entrant will be disqualified as an entrant in the Contest prior to the fulfillment of prizes.

Winners List: After 2020-07-17T04:00:00Z, winners will be posted on the Funcom official forums.

Sponsors:

• Funcom Oslo AS.
    Kirkegata 12 N-0153 Oslo Norway
    www.funcom.com

• Perilous Worlds
    6565 Sunset Blvd STE 517 Los Angeles, CA USA

13 Likes

Its one of 1st stories I read to… Thou I always pictured it like Tower of Snake they climbed in movie.

Someone may want to post part of story that describe it. Throw in spider warning. XD

This is amazing! I just re-read it recently! (Like no joke 2 days ago, along with beyond the Black River) Then saw the update and found this. Totally going to give this a try. Wish we could add piles of gold and gems. Definitely need to add a stealthy fat man hanging around in the bushes near the garden.This should be fun.

2 Likes

Oh, cool. I could always use another T-shirt.

Yep. Pity we can’t use mods. Adding bushes and fat men and throwable treasure chests is much harder on vanilla. But I guess that’s what makes this a challenge.

1 Like

You have some creative freedom with it. You can build it in your own vision since it doesn’t go into a TON of detail in the stories. As long as it’s not just some random structure. :b

2 Likes

I do love the building contests, brings out the best of Conan Exiles. Also, as much fun it is to fiddle around building yourself, seing what others come up with kinda tops that in my opinion.

You can do it in single player with admin tools :^) no need to gather materials just make yourself an admin then press shift+ctrl+alt+f10 (i don’t know if it’s possible on consoles with another command) and spawn any material from the admin panel. you can build as much as you want.

Unfortunately not, but if you already have this DLC and you win you’re of course welcome to give it away or trade it or whatever. Sorry about that!
If your tower is based on Tower of the Elephant and follows the rules of what we’ve written out that’s fine.

1 Like

Would it be acceptable to set the land claim radius to the lowest setting to preserve trees and bushes around the building?

2 Likes

You can do whatever admin/game settings you wish as long as it’s not a mod. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Not as fun a contest as the last one. At least it had participation rewards.

Sorry for this question, but my English are a bit low, so, do we have a rule for how big construction it can be? I allready work this project, but Singleplayer, admin mode. So you understand that the materials are limitless. Will i still be in the contest if it will become a little big?

I’m sure @Spynosaur_Nicole will answer you soon, but I don’t see anything saying there is a limit to the size.

2 Likes

Heya! There is no size limit at all! :slight_smile: Build as big as you want!

1 Like

Hi,
One question.I sent a mail but i got this message
" A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its
recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

jenserikv@funcom.com
(generated from contest@funcom.com)
The user has left the company "
Is it still valid ?

It was sent to contest@funcom.com .That’s why i am a bit confused that i got error and redirected to another mail.

I am only speculating here, but I would guess that the “contest@funcom.com” address forwards to one or (hopefully) more address, and it would make sense that Erik Jens would have been one of those. Since he’s no longer with the company, that forward is getting bounced back to you. If that’s the case, however, I would expect anyone else that submitted would receive something similar.

I can’t locate this setting is it buried somewhere?

In singleplayer, this option appears only when creating a new game. After that you can change it only in file.

..\steamapps\common\Conan Exiles\ConanSandbox\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor\ServerSettings.ini

Line 62:

LandClaimRadiusMultiplier=0.250000

4 Likes

Hrm I will check the email address. Thanks for letting me know!

2 Likes