Armor repair material costs seem excessive

Game mode: [Enter game mode here: ( Online private)]
Type of issue: [Enter one of the following: Misc]
Server type: [Enter one of the following: PvE]
Region: [America]

Repairing heavy high grade armor now requires Perfected Heavy Padding. This is the most material expensive part when making the armor, requiring 31 hardened leather, 10 elephant hide and 5 twine.

That means that repairing the armor will take nearly as much material as making a new piece of armor. That seems excessive.

12 Likes

Hey @Mego

Thanks for the observation, we’ll send it to our team for their consideration.

6 Likes

Fixing armor turned punishing now. I hope this is not intended gameplay.

Can’t you still use Armor Patch Kits? Not legendary, but Master Kits used to repair somewhat about 80% and required 11 Thick Leather, 3 Twine and 3 Hardened Steel Bars.

4 Likes

Yes it looks like after update 2.1 all things are very expensive now but the materials you need to get them are ultra rare. For hardened leather you need a lot of oil and getting oil now means you have to grind for days. Same for ichor.

2 Likes

I think the intention is to punish people who let the armor break by encouraging the use of kits. But that seems ill-thought. Crafted is on par with legendary though, so I guess use the armor kits you get on them.

The amount of bugs you need to farm for all the oil and stuff does seem overly excess, though. Even to make the set of armor in the first place.

2 Likes

The higher cost of crafting and repairing heavy armor makes it more valuable :moneybag: and unique. This armor will be for special occasions like raids, defending the base, entering dungeons or killing bosses.

For some time I have been switching from light to heavy sets only. I forgot what the medium armor looks like :smirk: and what bonuses they give. Now I will also have to :woozy_face: use them. It brings back memories :thought_balloon: when I was only wearing medium armor. :sneezing_face:

I was wondering if that was a bug or not, as I had only tried to repair me existing flawless armor and it wanted the perfected heavy padding. thought maybe it was just to get me to make new armor after the update. but if that is the case for new armor as well then that is just wrong.

I have noticed that if you put the beat up armor in the dismantler you get the expensive part returned, which is nice.

Instead of repairing I dismantle and remake. I think the cost works out to nearly the same as the previous repair costs, maybe a bit more.

1 Like

Yes, I’ve got some light paddings from looted armor which I’ve dismantled for silk )))

1 Like

Yes its the easiest way to get paddings, collect armors from enemys and put them in the dismantling bench. The Cimmerian camp is good to become a lot of perfected heavy and middle paddings.

1 Like

Oh my word, you’re right. You can just recycle your armor for the most part once you’ve built it that first time.

2 Likes

em qual bancada foi parar o couro enrijecido ?

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.