Awnings snap to lowest point

Game mode: Singleplayer
Problem: Bug
Region: [NA]

I can not get awnings to snap to the block I’m building on. Instead they snap to the lowest point possible. If built on a ceiling, they clip through into the room below. If on double layered foundations, they snap to the lower foundation.

Steps on how to reproduce issue:

1. Build a structure with double layer foundations or a ceiling.
  2. Place awnings on top of said ceiling/foundation
  3. See that you can’t snap it to the highest possible contact point.

1 Like

put some wall on the above floor ad try to conect the Awning, its quiet annoying but for is the only way you’ll be able to do what do you want

1 Like

Thank you for the work around. You can create a whole row of Awnings from just 1 wall. Unfortunately, you have to keep that wall to keep the awnings. Destroying it will take out the whole row of awnings.

1 Like

Yeah, I couldn’t figure awnings out at all until I watched a YouTube video on them, but the gist of it is, that kind of awning only snaps to (a) other awnings or (b) a wall or the side of a foundation, ideally one that’s two blocks tall. It still strikes me as weird and unwanted that there’s no attachment point at the bottom. Being able to lay down four foundation blocks or four ceiling tiles in a square and snap four awning-corner pieces on top of them would be really nice.

I have a similar complaint about the inverted-triangle roof pieces. They can only attach at the top, not on the sides, which makes it all but impossible to make slanted round roofs.

1 Like

Other awnings will snap without needing a wall, but still go to the lowest point rather than staying on top. It’s just the Aquilonian ones that necessitates the wall.

Okay, you gave me a new idea for something to check, and it’s actually even weirder than you say.

I tried snapping a Black Ice Reinforced Wood awning to an elevated ceiling tile. It was finicky, it didn’t want to attach, but once I got it to? It also attached at the middle. In other words, it’s not that the bottom of the awning is snapping to the bottom of the foundation block. It’s that the middle of the awning is snapping to the top!

This tells me that the bottom attachment point is bugged and in the wrong place.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.