Battle pass feedback

I am sure the marketing guy has a good strategy for this.
For example you only can buy 200cc for 20 euro. The items you want are 180 cc and for 20cc you can buy nothing. That’s 2 euro in these case. Of course not as much… But the mass make it very good for the company they getting more money than the price is for what I want.
And the marketing guy has made a good calculation on it so its normal that you need to buy more cc than you really need for the item you want to buy.

And how do I pay the bp? How I get cc?

I need to see how it works. Once a friend told me to come and play elder scrolls after two weeks I realised what they are doing there and how much money or time you need to spend there… I came back to Conan. But what I see now, is that Conan becomes some kind of elder scrolls.

Even the bp menu looks the nearly the same… Maybe its the same marketing guy :wink:

The only way for a game company to move forward is to ask for advice from actual experts who study game systems. I see alot of speculations being made here as if they’re facts.
We don’t know the price of the battlepass or the price of crom coins to begin with.

The only knowledge we got so far is that you can pay once for the battlepass and if you play the actual game you’ll never have to pay for it ever again, provided you save the crom coins from the battle pass to renew it every 3months or so. This looks really good for someone who plays the game at least twice a week for 1-2 hours, and that’s enough to complete the battle pass as it was mentioned in the stream.

You can also complete the first couple of steps from the battle pass and get the first 120 crom coins which you can spend to buy battle pass levels allowing you for a much faster progression through the whole thing.

The battle pass will have 60 rewards, and if we exclude the consumables it shouldn’t be too far from your typical DLC purchase, in terms of unique cosmetic items.

One last thought, the grinding required to level up the battle pass seems to be for those that want it. I’m sure on private servers the entire process will be easier since mods have the tendency to turn into cheats at some point.

Overall, players that never bought a DLC are getting free cosmetic items and those that did, will get more stuf for the same price, probably.

2 Likes

And this is why we are here, to discus.

I understand you and your reasoning, although I do not agree with it most of the time for the reason I and some other people here already explained.

I though you didn’t understand out view on this, and that’s why I don’t know how to explain it to you any further :+1:t2:

I just hope Funcom makes a fair decision and knows best who their customers are.

1 Like

Dennis said that if you complete the battle Pass you get your crom coins back that you used for buying the battle Pass.
So I think you need to buy crom coins to buy a battle pass

1 Like

The way I see this update happening is that some “mods” will unlock the paid content and instant battle pass completion and Funcom will disable the battlepass for privateservers/singleplayer. Can’t wait to see how players will ruin the fun for everyone. :slight_smile:

Yes if you buy levels you get the crom coins back if you finish it, you can invest the coins you got back in the next battle pass.

I’m not 100% sure if you gotta buy the battle pass for crom points or maybe like a timed DLC in the store.

One way or the other… the game is available on different systems and different stores that use different payment methods, having this all in one place with crom coins makes the most sense for me.

But we have to wait and see :slight_smile:

1 Like

if they stop DLC all together in favor of a battle pass system then you and i can be angry. for now its gonna be skins everybody has because of battle pass. you will be able to raid these people and take them.

+if PvE(PvP too in friendly encounters) you can always ask someone to create the item from a past BP

:wink:

1 Like

@prologue1337 this is good news at least

1 Like

There is a caveat though if it comes to place-ables, once placed you can’t pick them up if you do not own the rights to the cosmetic, so when replacing you need another piece and destroy the old one.

It sounds ridiculous, but its not that black and white. Cause if they would allow it to be picked up when not owning the rights you can ask 1 player to create every single DLC part and never have to buy it yourself.

For weapons and armour its different, you can always repair them with repair kits unless you let it break (would love to see a auto unequipped feature when a item hits threshold before they break).

1 Like

No, we’re not. If we’re being honest with ourselves, the amount of money we spend on the game does not go 100 % to running costs and future development. A lot of it goes to the shareholders who make a profit without contributing anything to improving the product or running the company. They simply leech money out of the system because they put money into it.

The aggressive monetization system is designed to benefit the shareholders, not to improve the product or service. If the aim was to make the best possible product and still make a nice living out of it, other sales strategies would still be valid.

As many, many people in this thread have said, we’re willing to pay for the game. We’re willing to pay for new content and updates and stuff. We’re not asking things for free - not for ourselves or for others. But the extra profit that can be squeezed out of predatory marketing strategies isn’t going to raise the salaries of the developers or create more and better content - it’s going to raise the profit margins of shareholders.

Making a profit is essential for any business, no-one’s trying to deny that. Maximizing (short-term) profits for stockmarket gamblers is unhealthy business in the long run because it’s done at the expense of the consumer.

Yes, Battle Passes are popular because they “work”. As in, they work for quick seasonal money grabs that’s especially nice for quarterly reviews. But for the longevity of the product and the consumer base? Questionable.

10 Likes

i see, theres always a catch huh lol.i craft things for my friends all the time, they dont have siptah or any dlc.

Lets see how it all works out. i wont get worked up until i see Funcoms version of a battle pass system for myself. so long as its not random loot crates, loot boxes or cards

1 Like

Haha I doubt they will ever introduce any form of loot boxes, if they do I would be pretty mad :')

1 Like

You pay a periodic subscription to have the privilege to get drops you get through playing/grinding things in the game…

You don’t automatically get what you paid for, don’t play and you lose the potential drops you put money down on

1 Like

Yeah, especially now that loot box systems have caught the attention of European consumer rights institutions (and some EU countries have already banned them) it would be a hasty maneuver to introduce a gambling element into a game with a very strong European market.

2 Likes

You are correct about how share holders demand to see a certain level of returns. So what im asking is, and im not being sarcastic or trying to get on your nerves or anything like that Kapoteeni, is what should they do? Personally i think future DLC should be marked at an increased price. 10 bucks is good for us but from what we’ve read Funcom is either hurting for money or they are greedy ( not my views btw)What do you suggest?

+You can buy levels if you want it faster or if you cannot finish it in time

yes so you pay for the privilege to get drops, then you can pay extra to get premium privilege for more drops and then you can pay even more if you don’t want to grind for the drops you already paid for…

This sound ridiculous, you know that right?

Look, make this a “season pass” where you get drops guaranteed when you pay the pass and you won’t hear me complain.

And change the “crom coins” to just dollars. I’ll happily pay for cosmetics I like, but don’t make me buy packs of virtual fake currency to do so. I will personally actively boycott a system like that because it makes consumers pay more then the actual cost of something.

4 Likes

Yeah me (from the Netherlands) and my fellow Belgium friends suffer from game devs locking us out…

So there are games we can’t play “legally” due to a system where there is a chance you will never get the item if very unlucky.

Loot boxes are only allowed when the winning item will be guaranteed at x amount of opens, which I still hate and should never be introduced to Conan. But this will likely never happen, so I don’t worry about it.

Yeah me (from the Netherlands) and my fellow Belgium friends suffer from game devs locking us out…

No you suffer from companies using gambling to trying to keep you reeled in. And they don’t want to change that to something normal to support these laws.

More countries should do this.

2 Likes