Bestiary - The Compendium of Beasts

Last edit:
The idea: extra tab with information on all enemies in game, with skill associated to each, that level up as you kill, granting different xp per kill based on enemy difficulty and availability. You get more information on each as you level up the hunting/knowledge skill, granting lore info, bonuses (extra drop?, extra defense?), drops info (type os skin, meat, etc), defense info, attacks info, behavior, taming skills and such.
There could be up to 3-5 levels for each beast, granting at level 5 the title of Beastmaster (?) for that animal with all bonuses and info.

First post:

I want a extra tab next to clan or journey with statistics of all animal, monster, beasts, bosses, etc, and the more i kill of each, more knowledge i acumulate, increasing my damage against them at each knowledge tick increament, with the possibility of increasing harvest of resources too, by each level of knowledge on each:

Such as:
After killing 25 animals i get level 1 knowledge on that animal, level 2 knowledge after 50, and level 3 after 100 kills.
Each level of knowledge could increase damage by 2% or give a fixed amount of extra damage, and, increase harvesting by a percentage or by a fixed amount of all or some resources. Some new/old resources could, maybe, only be harvested after having full knowledge of the animal.

Edit: example image

Hmm, i liked Kapoteeni s idea of extra information such as speed, attack patterns, damage per attack, but i am not sure how to add that to the image sample

8 Likes

Please, if you have some ideias on how to improve on the suggestion, please do so :slight_smile:

Another example: cobras dont always drop serpent venom gland, but, with this system, after achieving a higher level of knowledge on cobras/serpents, they could always drop it when harvesting

Or, some bosses would incerase drop chance of higher level items, like weapons, after killing the boss 100 times?!

1 Like

I don’t even need any in-game bonuses for the Bestiary - I’d just love to have that information accessible in the game. Hitpoints, speed, attack patterns (maybe in the form of animations), damage per attack, etc.

Information is the most important, most powerful tool and weapon in the game, yet so little of it is available unless we resort to fan sites. Even though I kinda understand the “explore, experiment, find out for yourself” aspect of a survival game, the fact is, no matter how much we try out things on our own, we’re never going to find out those numbers just by playing.

So your idea is the best of both worlds, really. Don’t feed us the information from the start. Let us earn that data by playing the game. But after the 701st wolf I kill, I really should know the exact specs of a wolf in more detail than “takes four heavy pokes to kill with an Epic pike and 20 Strength”. Muscle memory tells me that “dodge - poke - poke - poke - poke” is what I should do when meeting a wolf, but I’d love numerical information, too.

I love numbers. Many players do.

(An increased chance to harvest rarer body parts and ingredients with these “knowledge levels” sounds like a pretty good idea, too.)

4 Likes

Thanks for your reply, i liked it a lot :slight_smile:

And, is another thing to do in endgame, fully complete the compendium, for those completionists out there

1 Like

I would really like this.

Currently you only find out what most things are called with the “You were killed by…” message.

2 Likes

That would be great, just a general list of enemies that fills up as you meet and kill them. You have names for some of the human enemies upon meeting them, like Eina the Light, so I don’t think it surreal that your exile could identify a crocodile as a crocodile.

3 Likes

Hmm, good point. They say ignorance is bliss, and that curiosity killed the cat, but the game is taking the idiom “I’m dying to know” a bit too literally.

3 Likes

I am sure pve players will love something like this too, even more so

1 Like

Supported BIG TIME Bugkyou! I love reading the little bits of lore which accompany the various in-game items, it is interesting and immersive. I recall when I first began playing the game I anticipated that when I collected the various creatures heads, they would each tell me something about the animal which came from. Unfortunately, the all display the same universal text. I love the proposed Compendium of Beasts you have shown here too. It is reminiscent of Red Dead Redemption 2’s. I really enjoy completing out these sort compendiums, and it would give most of us what we need; more end game activities. If I could give you more than one like for this suggestion I would. Great call!

2 Likes

I would really really really like this! I always love more informationen about everthing in the game.

One suggest:

Maybe its also possible to add a entry to every animal with lore information. e.G.: “This wolfs lives normally in the highlands and hunts in greater groups” Maybe such Lore Infos about Animals and Demons where they come from etc.

But on the end: BIG LIKE! :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:

5 Likes

Leveling up should probably be based on xp and not on absolute number of kills, like, to get max level on sabertooth you would need to kill less of them, because they would give more xp per kill

1 Like

Yes, we have descriptions for nearly everything, I would like it for wildlife and enemies too.

Hyena; Crazy ■■■■ never even flinches…

Seriously though I love the idea of short descriptions for enemies.

2 Likes

3 Likes

I’d be happy with in-game books, and bookshelf you place in your home. This way you could collect them and fill them in.

This way it fits lore of game, and not a in-game wiki. =/

2 Likes

This is a great new addition to the game, that could lead to new line of quests, activities, goals, with plenty to be completed and to keep players interested, while rewarding extra lore, reveling secrets that could be added to the game, and giving small bonuses.

And, have you ever heard of oral tradition?! If it makes you feel any better, you can rp that all that “wiki” is knowledge on your mind from all your experiences, or that you are reading from a book!

What about getting access to more powerful pets or new pets such as sandbeast as you level up the skill related to sandbeasts?

Does Anyone have anymore inputs?

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.