Bows deal full charged damage after dodge roll without charging up

If you watch this video closely (first 6 seconds), you will notice that the first hit from the archer does the correct damage, but as soon as the enemy dodge rolls and hits again, it does full charge damage without the bow user charging it up.

The rolling thrust perk also affects archery, right?
It’s not really clear from the video as you turn your back to the enemies, the third arrow might have been charged AND boosted by the perk.

“After dodging, your next damaging attack has 25% increased penetration and your next swing costs no stamina”

I think that’s a good thing. Of course, if I was to receive the arrow, I might think drifferently. :3

It does but this is a different bug.

The very first hit I receive was also under the effect of rolling thrust. And it did WAY less damage than the 2nd or 3rd hit.

Oh yeah, I noticed that too. The dodge roll effect stacks as I recall. Maybe it didn’t clear the buff effect after the first hit or maybe the first dodge roll didn’t take effect.
Does it make a difference which limb you hit with the new update?

(BTW: very beautiful character :heartpulse:)

I’m not sure…

first hit deals 157 damage…
second hit deals 286 damage…

Headshots deal 1.3x damage
Backstab deals 1.15x damage
Both of which have a potential of applying on the second shot and the person DID charge a tiny bit more on that shot which would increase the base damage.

So what I’m seeing in the video is totally possible without any bugs, can you test that in an isolated situation?

Edit: Hmm, actually you might be on to something cuz afterwards when you run away the third hit hits you 328 damage, which would be the previous one times 1.15
Maybe there’s a new thing introduced where dodge doesn’t cancel the charging window if you don’t let go of the button? could maybe try that in a more calm setting :stuck_out_tongue:

Thank you for pointing this out.
Passed this information over to the rest of the team for further investigation.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.