Game mode: Online private
Type of issue: Bug
Server type: PvP
Region: North America (Chicago, I do believe)
When the server gets to 20+ players, we find that the inventory in any container, or even on our character will become partially or fully invisible and you cannot interact with it. We believe it has to do with the UE4 engine itself, as it’s not exactly meant for LOTS of simultaneous reads.
We do play with a lot of mods, but this affects character inventory, vanilla boxes, work benches, mod boxes… basically anything that can contain inventory slots.
I’ve seen this on multiple private servers, and it usually happens when the server load starts getting past 20 players. Since this last patch it’s been a lot worse.
Things we CAN do about it, on occasion, is the following:
- If personal inventory, Pick up non stacking item and then “GIVE ALL” into empty Box(es).
- Get Friend to Empty Inventory into another Empty Box so their things do not mingle with yours.
- Have Friend “TAKE ALL” from first box(es), and then “GIVE ALL” again back into Box(es).
- They can then retrieve their own things from secondary Box and with any luck, you can see your things again.
- Alternatively, once they pick up all, and if they can see it all, they can drop them to you one at a time and you can loot them from the loot bag.
This has increasingly become a bigger and bigger problem as of late.
Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:
- Log into server
- Once server reaches 20+ (ish) people, wait for it…
- Do your thing and maybe even die or portal somewhere or /home.
- Lo and behold… inventory is bugged.
Thank you for looking into this.