Building Contest: Tiny Homes Edition (NOW CLOSED)

, ,

I know, but it looks like they used one for the example :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

ugh, god… the recent fence foundation fix killed half my ideas straight off the bat :frowning:

2 Likes

So, basically, we’re designing tract homes?

Conan Exiles: Suburbs DLC confirmed.

That’s a cute contest, love it.
I make still lot of tiny homes in most all my games. While big castles and such are smart, tiny homes often fit better, and have a more role-play feeling.

So yes, tiny homes are more my thing. :wink:

1 Like

Yup, nice and refreshing!!! I love the fact that we r allowed to use any location and any ideas for this contest , rather than copying something!!!
I hope we get to see ALL screenshots after the end of the contest, as one of the best things I believe this contest has is to see others players ideas and build styles!!! :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Oh dang, thanks for all the questions everyone! I can definitely tell you’ve got some wild ideas already. And I definitely knew there would be some clarification on some things I would need to write. :smiley: And thanks to that, I’m altering the rules a bit.
Okay let’s see…

1. Remember that it can only be as tall as 2 wall pieces

2. I would keep it to submitting 1 base. I can totally see how you all would have multiple ideas for different bases but gimme your best!

3. As carlmitch mentioned, yes one submission per person/email

4. Hmmm…I would allow less than 16 foundation pieces, sure. But they still have to be positioned in a square. If that makes sense? You can’t add more than 4 pieces to a row/column, but you can remove. For example, if you removed a middle piece and an edge piece:
    oooo
    o_oo
    ooo_
    oooo

5. I would allow lofts/split-level. As long as it’s not a FULL floor. Let’s say the split level can be no more than half the room size. So max 8 ceiling pieces. Inside and outside. (outside of normal roofing for your home)

6. The baby animal I just spawned in with admin controls. No mods used. :slight_smile:

7. Please be sure to submit interior screenshots but if you went through the trouble of doing the exterior too, send those in! But we’ll be mainly judging interior.

8. They have to be foundation pieces. You know what? Any foundation piece. Cornered or square. But they still have to be in a 4x4 square.

1. Regarding pillars, you can use them. But remember our added rule now. No more than 8 ceiling pieces above the base foundation.
  1. Take as many screenshots of your building as you want!
  2. If built on an official server, I would absolutely credit the server. If built on a private server, gimme that server name!
  1. Other than that, go crazy. Use fences to build a tiny garden to go with your tiny home if you want.

Does this make sense? If there’s something I should add please let me know but I also don’t want to stifle any creativity. :smiley: I’ve added all this to the main post.

5 Likes

No worries at all! I appreciate the questions. It helps me a lot too with things I didn’t think about. :smiley:
Anything above the 16 foundation pieces (like ceiling pieces) are limited to 8 pieces. This includes any loft or balcony. Inside and outside.
Not decorations or anything but building pieces. So for example, you used 6 ceiling pieces inside for a nice loft, you have 2 left you could use for the outside for a balcony or something of the sorts.

This is a rule besides your actual ceiling pieces for a roof/cover of your home.
So, your roof/cover + 8 pieces for any flooring/lofts.

I hope people know what I mean :laughing:

4 Likes

Exactly! I totally get what you mean now. Thanks againf or the questions!

3 Likes

Thanks @Spynosaur_Nicole and @zerog NOW I finally feel like I can start planning…
This is gonna be quite the challenge. May the competitor with the most and best innovation win! :metal::smiling_imp:

2 Likes

I know you’re getting a lot of questions, but I want to make sure I am following the rules because this seems like so much fun.

By corner foundation, are you talking about the triangle/wedge foundations?

By fitting in a square, do you mean the foundation has to be within a 4x4 grid, but it can be any shape within that grid? (like, is a circle base allowed so long as it fits in a 4x4)

Can we offset the ceiling pieces (outside of roofing) so that all 8 pieces have no foundation below them, so long as only 8 are used?

(on mobile but I’ll try to demonstrate a top down view where f represents foundation and c represents ceiling in a split level idea)

F F F F C C
F F F F C C
F F F F
F F F F
C C

Yup! Anything that’s defined as a “foundation piece” can be used as your 16 foundation pieces.

By fitting in a square, do you mean the foundation has to be within a 4x4 grid, but it can be any shape within that grid? (like, is a circle base allowed so long as it fits in a 4x4)

Exactly.

And your example can totally work. :slight_smile: You got it!

And how about build that is not usable as base space? Lets say I wanna add a decoration of building pieces , that does not affects base size/or usable space(lets say an elevator entrace tower that is not in base)… does that count as well, or it is counted as the fences of a porch?

Based on the additional details and answered questions that Nicole has provided, I think that an elevator outside of your base 4x4 square area would count as one of your 8 additional building pieces that are allowed as loft, balcony, or overhand space. I would not expect them to sweat a single elevator on the outside of your structure.

1 Like

For clarity here, can you just confirm:

• One contest entry permitted per player, per email address …?
  • One screenshot per email address …?
  • One screenshot per email message that is sent for entry …?
  • Multiple screenshots per email message for a single entry will be accepted …?

Are multiple contest entries prohibited? And potentially disqualifying? Or, will we only get contest consideration for a single one of our entries (if we make two to appeal to two different tiny house ideas) ?

Excuse me @Spynosaur_Nicole just one more question to be sure: it has to be a home ?

Is PG-13 or R permitted? (Nudity…)

I would assume that yes, nudity is permitted, since that is a core part of the game. But I would just like to make sure.

Eh, I would just count that as decoration. It’s not foundation and it’s not really a ceiling. Just don’t go nuts and build a ton or anything. Honestly, I’m not going to be SUPER strict about all this. Just make it a cute tiny home with the rules described and all else is good. :slight_smile:

Regarding entries, one entry per person. So one email with one home per person. You can send as many screenshots as you want in your email!
I don’t think we’re doing multiple entries this time. Maybe in the future though!
Nudity is allowed. :smiley:

@Born2bAlive It doesn’t HAVE to be a home, I guess.What exactly are you thinking? :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Ok, glad to see it that way!! I would send the entry anyways, and it is ok whatever u decide!!! I got the spirit of this contest I think… and cause of the great responses and effort I see lately from dev team I will transfer it to my official server!!! And will try to get more players of the great community involved!! Thanks again for ur quick responce!! :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Edit: I am not the kind of person that builds cute stuff. :pp.
But… I will try to make it an epic tiny house and send u screenshots :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well a nice little home would be nice… I was just thinking if a little temple or a swimming pool or a shop or a pub would be valid too… or if a crashed ufo or a carousel (I’m not sure of google translator, you know the round platflorm turning around with wooden animals or something else like this for kids ) would be valid too.
Just to say :wink:

You know, there are a LOT of things you can build in a 4x4x2 space :blush:

Question: Can I use foundations pieces in the exterior decoration part of this as long as they remain separate from the rest of the house?