Building - Large carpet (ID 80622) clips with foundations

Game mode: All
Type of issue: Bug
Server type: All
Region:: EU (UK)

At certain foundation heights, the rug will be placeable only when it clips with the surface of the foundations. Since the height cannot be modified in tiny steps, you can’t raise it just enough to not clip.

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

1. Create a platform with foundations. I used 10 wedge foundations tiled vertical, with an outer layer of square and wedge foundations at each angle, on Telith’s Island (Quadrant H8)

2. Spawn the rug with the ID 80622

3. Place the rug on your hotbar, and try to place it on the foundations. The clipping is obvious.

Screenshot showing the clipping from outside the house: https://i.imgur.com/YrAORG7.jpg

Second screenshot from inside the house: https://i.imgur.com/FvYfZR9.jpg

I have this happen all the time, my trick is to lay two down , one on top of the other.
it only fits good on ceiling tiles for some reason.

Aye it’s bizarre. If anything, you’d think it would clip with ceiling tiles, not foundations which are ground tiles.

As a sidenote, and not a workaround, there have been some pics posted that made good aesthetic use of overlapping rugs. One that sticks in mind was of an offset 45 degree angled set that led to a throne. It looked neat.

I’ve used layered rugs to reduce the noise of dancers on the floor above.

Rambled enough, regards

jim

Hey there @Reprehensible

We’re aware of this visual issue but at the moment there are no plans to revise it. Our team might look into it in the future.
Thanks for the feedback.

1 Like

It’s a shame that it’s not planned to be fixed. A work around would be to just decrease the height increment distance when using scrollwheel to adjust the object’s height. Even if it’s just an ini setting, that would solve the issue, as well as allow for more precise positioning of objects.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.