Camera Angle Glitch

Game mode: [Offline | Singleplayer]
Problem: [Bug | Misc]
Region: [Anywhere there is a Slope and Enemy]

More bugs are popping up as I play and while some of them are crashes and others kinda scary painful, this one is more nauseating than it originally let on.

Namely, there is a way to force your camera into a different angle and that it can be simple to perform on an enemy. I used the crocs near the beginning of the game where the Legendary Giant Crocodile hangs out. The following video explains it, but what gets me is this only happened with these crocs and the terrain. Video below. YouTube external link.

Conan Exiles - Sideways After Combat Bug

Now there is a basic two ways to fix this and a third.

The first way isn’t too hazardous. Simply quit and reload the save file.

The second way is to get your character killed which is not an optimal way.

And the third way I found to temporarily fix this is to find an enemy and target it to “force” your camera’s tilt back to it’s original(or even very close to the original) position. That video is below. It was initially the first method I found not too long after finding this glitch. YouTube external link.

Conan Exiles - Sideways Bug Experience - Method 1 Fix

There is absolutely no known benefits to this glitch, as it just messes with the camera’s tilt.

Steps on how to reproduce issue:

1. Have a forced 3rd person weapon and be initially in 1st person when equipping it. I used daggers.
  2. Find an enemy near a slope. I used the crocodile in the first video.
  3. Target and kill it while locked on and on the slope.
  4. Switch to an item that doesn’t force you to be in 3rd person. I switched to the Stone Axe.
1 Like

Hey there @Chagmen

Our team is aware of that issue and they’re looking into it (sideways).
Thanks for your feedback.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.