Can we agree Improved Beehives are overpowered damage sponges šŸ§½

And now Iā€™m scarred for life. Thanks.

2 Likes

Lol

So many different kinds of poo out thereā€¦

Such a scary world!!

Lol

1 Like

What scares me now, is the thought of all the illegitimate poos I have floating around out there.

1 Like

Me too brotherā€¦me too

1 Like

Not for buzzing and flying bugs, those are client-side, but producing honey means it has inventory, and that would probably be a server performance hit. Does anyone know whether the server sends all the container inventory at the same time it sends the containers to the client when they come into render range? Or does it do so on-demand, when you actually look at the container?

3 Likes

I think itā€™s on demand. Iā€™m pretty sure it used to be anyway - before the 60+ gig update (ver 2.6?). Thus why there was so often item lag [per container] when you opened containers for the first time after a login. Now however, itā€™s immediate so either they did actually change it or they just improved their net-code in such a way that itā€™s now instant.

1 Like

I think on demand is correct, but then it ā€œstaysā€ cached if you are in LOD distance. Explains first view sometimes lagging. So in theory, as long as no one looked at the hives minimal impact. But ine could exploit with 500 and possibly crash server by purposely looking into each one. just a theory though.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.