Can't choose my screens resolution

Recently I moved my game files from one drive to another by just dragging from folder to folder. The game still works fine. But for some reason the screen resolution options didn’t carry over. The launcher shows my screens native resolution at 3840 x 2160, though the game opens in 2560 x 1440 which apparently is now the highest display resolution on the list.

In short: Launcher options show the correct resolution at 3840 x 2160. The game itself doesn’t go higher than 2560 x 1440. I did not have this problem before transferring the files between hard drives.

Also, it’s probably worth noting that the launcher itself seems to have a lower resolution as well. It takes up more screen space and looks a little blurry. Same with the little splash screen just before the game launches.

Please help. It would kill me not to have this fixed when the new update arrives. Thanks <3

Have you repaired the game after the move? Seem to recall that could fix some of the odd things a copy of the RDB-files could cause.

I did a repair before launching the game after the transfer.

I’ll have another go.

EDIT: No luck

I found a solution, for people who might be interested.

I changed my display settings from “Windowed (Borderless)” to “Full screen” from the launcher. The game then launched with the right resolution in full screen. From in-game i was able to change it back to Borderless while keeping the resolution.

This won’t work if you change back and forth between the settings in-game, if you didn’t already set the display setting from the launcher before opening the game.

Hope this helps, and thanks Nord.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.