Can't harvest black ice in Temple of frost

Game mode: Online official
Type of issue: Bug
Server type: PvP
Region: US-West

I’m really hoping that this isn’t one of those “features” you sneak in with a patch without announcing it but…

You currently can’t harvest ANY of the black ice nodes within the temple of frost. Nadda. Not one. But the ones right outside of it still work. For it to be so specific to one spot and right after you guys increased the build requirements on black ice seems like it could be intentional. The nodes don’t make any sound, you swing right through them as if they aren’t even there.

I really hope that this isn’t the case… there are not nearly enough black ice nodes outside of the temple.

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:
1.equip a pick
2.try to hit black ice nodes in Temple of frost

1 Like

Tested, because this was also asked on testlive.

All nods inside the temple can’t be harvested, but all nods around the temple, just outside the entrance, and all the surounding are you can harvest black-ice without problems.

3 Likes

Yeah, a lot of resource/crafting changes happen without mention, and I for one like the ‘discovery’ process of this survival game, even when changes occur. But one this significant would have been nice to get a heads up on in the patch notes, such as (you can no longer harvest black ice in the Frost Temple). I mean, it’s about the same as suddenly not being able to brimstone from shattered springs IMO. Let us know such a drastic change.

Hey there,

We’ll inform our team about it to see if this is intentional. Apologies for not catching the report on Testlive, it’s been an intense month for Conan Exiles!

Bug reports isn’t the place to argue whether or not you think a change should be in place, intentional or not.

And no, suddenly turning black ice into a resource more rare than brimstone and hardened brick is absurd. Black ice buildings are ugly, and the only reason most people build with it was because it didn’t require an astronomical amount of brick to craft it. Simultaneously increasing the cost per craft while crippling 90% of the games supply of it doesn’t make sense. You’d only hurt everyone but the most hardcore of player by doing so, and since raiding is such an easy accomplishment as it is, there’s no reason for it.

For me at least it’s look like that. There is still plenty of nods around where you can harvest your black-ice.

Also my picture is with vanilla default settings.

Now you’re just being disingenuous to perpetuate an argument. Don’t think so highly of yourself, and make your own thread if you want to debate.

3 Likes

Hey there,

Quick update: this is not intentional and it’s being treated as a bug from now on.
Thanks for bringing this issue to our attention.

5 Likes

Ok, good to know, thanks Ignasis.

Was not seeing it as real issue for my part, but still good to know what is intended and what not, that’s a fact. :wink:

1 Like

Thank you for the quick response to this.

1 Like

Just FYI, the bug seems to affect PS4 servers aswell.

We’re aware of it and the same patch will fix that issue on consoles once it passes certification.

Closing thread as this issue has been resolved.
Thanks everybody once again for your feedback and your patience :slight_smile: