Chair animation

Game mode: | Single-player)]
Type of issue: | Bug | Performance |Not sure
Server type: | PvE]
Region: North America

[Describe the bug here] When a tall character sits in a chair the feet disappear into the floor. In RL I have long legs and when I sit I have to extend my legs out a bit from the chair. I have to make sure my chair is height adjustable so I don’t have to put my legs out in the walkway. I have to pull my knees up to my chest if it’s not adjustable when someone walks too close so they don’t trip over my legs and feet. Talk to some of your coworkers that have long legs and they will tell you the same thing. Please adjust the animation because this breaks the emersion. Adjustable chairs probably won’t work for this game as it takes place way in the past.

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

1. Make a tall character.
  2. Make the chair.
  3. Sit in the chair.
  4. Observe the results.
2 Likes

I don’t think it has anything to do with being tall. If you look at your chair, those feet are in the floor as well. I could be wrong but I think it has something to do with the mesh.

2 Likes

Well, hopefully, the devs will see this, and hopefully, they will do something if they aren’t already. I posted here instead of the Steam forums because I know that devs are more likely to read their own site than Steam forums.

dear Gentlemen,

On my mind, this is not the worst issue about chairs… with some chairs, you cant stand up when reloging, you stay locked in the chair… and I dislike to be seen in that sort of ridiculous position.

Thats why I asked my lawyers to write a law forbiding chairs on my lands. Everyone has to use a flat stone to sit down!!!

4 Likes

my char is big too…and got the same problem…the touch point seem to be in chairs around the butt or the hips therefore…the ground clipping will beuntil they change the animation in total …or…keep let our eyes feast on them feetless chunks of legs

i should add that other body parts clipp too with chairs…

I like your style Roche, I shall adopt the same policy for my own lands. All chairs shall henceforth be banned!

3 Likes

to be more “serious”:
-one of the Argosian chair is locking me when I log on… even when I sit on this chair in a wide and empty room.
-on my Aquilonian chair I sit at my office, leggs under the table… and I have no issue when logging on.

strange, but funny… not a great deal in my mind…

1 Like

im gona ban armchairs also!..whoever be even tempted to sit on such vile tools will have my beloved hayna “Little-Kisses” gnawing on their kneecaps and joints so they will know and respect the law of the black worm cult!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.