Cheaters and funcom does nothing! WHY should we pay for Content anymore?

Dude, did you take it serious?

Given funcom use majority of the unreal engine for their game dev needs bypassing the piracy of the game isn’t hard either so the family share thing is a good start but if they assume the test client and family share account is the knock out blow for cheaters …

Then … they still haven’t sat down and given this thought

Patching and patching and patching , since years … LOL they didnt patch whats is really important
to the players…

Funcom dosent care about that forum and what we talking about ,
it was the same with the first Conan Realse .No one really listen and Funcom dosent learned the last 10 years.

I dont know why the have forum moderatos, when they dont lsiten to us and report it to funcom.
USELESS.

Considering the absurdity of some complaints on these forums, yours wasn’t even difficult to take seriously. People have been claiming their constitutional rights (as in, the U.S. Constitution) on privately owned forums of a Norwegian company owned by Chinese investors.

@Kyra: As to the original topic of this thread: we should pay for content because we want content. Also, some of that money is used to pay for those people who ban cheaters and develop anti-undermesh measures. Without the money generated by sales, Funcom cannot pay for their employees.

If you don’t feel like spending more money to the game, that’s your choice, and you have every right to decide what to do with your money. But your angry forum posts won’t pay the bills for those Funcom employees who are trying to do what you’re demanding them to do.

2 Likes

Please excuse this complaint.

If you look at Conan Exiles without a siptah, we bought a finished one, and you can expect the game to be handed over without errors.
Even if this contains errors that allow other players to cheat, your greatest concern should be to correct these errors immediately.
It is not the player’s mistake to have acquired a finished game, but the programmer’s mistake not to have eliminated it. Not even in retrospect.

On the subject of Siptah:
Yes, it’s a beta, and we don’t expect it to run flawlessly.
What we can expect, however, that players who cheat will be excluded from the game without detours. This is not a temporary problem, the problem remains if these players are allowed to continue playing.

Besides, I’m wondering why Battleeye is running here and why Steam is not interested in it, Funcom could also hand over player complaints to Steam in order to block entire accounts.

There are many ways for Funcom to respond, but it does not seem to make good use of them

Please excuse this complaint.

If you look at Conan Exiles without a siptah, we bought a finished one, and you can expect the game to be handed over without errors.
Even if this contains errors that allow other players to cheat, your greatest concern should be to correct these errors immediately.
It is not the player’s mistake to have acquired a finished game, but the programmer’s mistake not to have eliminated it. Not even in retrospect.

On the subject of Siptah:
Yes, it’s a beta, and we don’t expect it to run flawlessly.
What we can expect, however, that players who cheat will be excluded from the game without detours. This is not a temporary problem, the problem remains if these players are allowed to continue playing.

Besides, I’m wondering why Battleeye is running here and why Steam is not interested in it, Funcom could also hand over player complaints to Steam in order to block entire accounts.

There are many ways for Funcom to respond, but it does not seem to make good use of them

I Send manny Cheater reports over 1 Year ago , with proofs and all what they need .
And they are still playing and cheating .
How long should players wait ?

Hey there,

Regarding undermesh and as @Multigun stated above, we have been testing the anti-undermesh feature on Testlive for quite some time, but the feedback received during this period has not been abundant enough to cover for the number of false positives. We have been working on identifying and fixing hundreds of them individually since the initial WIP release of this feature earlier this year.
Enabling this feature would have caused some severe problems as it happened in the past where this feature was enabled in live servers either accidentally (some mods activated this feature due to incompatibility) or intentionally (private servers choosing to opt into this work in progress feature).
We have decided to take this approach since the bigger problem is not the current method to access it (we have fixed countless methods in the past), but the fact that being under the mesh in unintended areas is possible.
As it stands as of the time of this writing:

• All false positives reported and that we’re aware of have been fixed in the current 2.1 build on Testlive.
  • Once 2.1 is released live, we will monitor internal logs and telemetry to determine if there are any remaining false positives we are not aware of.
  • If the above is not revealing any major issues, we will enable that feature on the Exiled lands.
  • The above entails the Exiled lands. We have received very little feedback about Siptah, but based on our current findings, the feature is not in a good spot right now to enable so it will require more work.

We are aware of the methods, systems and use of this and other exploits, but please understand that there is a difference between being aware and being able to fix it immediately. Some exploits take almost no time to develop and release a fix for while others, such as this one, take a longer more arduous process. We’ve been working on fixing many exploits we’ve been aware of, such as many stamina exploits, super jump exploits, stacking exploits, building exploits, duping exploits, macro exploits and vulnerability exploits thanks to the collaboration of players who came forward and shared details about these exploits with us, and from our QA team.

Regarding the moderation on servers, please be aware that we are currently receiving a high number of reports that exceed the current manpower dealing with this. In cases like this our team has to prioritize between severity of the report, quality of the evidence provided and other factors. Additionally, most of the administrative action done is not permanent bans, but temporary suspensions. This is explained in our rules, with permanent bans being reserved to those players who either were involved in very grave infractions, or received a number of previous disciplinary actions against their accounts.
We understand this method of dealing disciplinary action might not be as harsh or as ideal as every player requires, which is why we give the option to move to or start a private server, which can make use of the wide array of settings available (even with mods included) and set and enforce any set of rules that will fit their needs.
This is not to excuse our actions but to provide a better look at our internal processes. We are aware of the shortcomings and we’re working on improving on them twofold, by hiring and building a stronger customer support team and by building better tools to streamline the processes involved.

We apologize for any frustrations you might face during your time in official servers due to exploits and foul play, and rest assured we’re proactively working to improve on that from our side of things.

16 Likes

Thanks Ignasis

In order to better understand the size of the problem, would you be able to share the numbers of accounts you have temporarily banned on Siptah?

Could you also give us the rationale behind temporary ban instead of permanent ban for such thing? We are talking about players who succeeds to teleport all the player logged in to a single spot. We are talking about players / trolls that have admin power on official siptah servers. We are talking about players that just because they exist are not only robbing stuff but also make you play with a potential continuous threat.

I almost considered to learn how to do it, how to fight them, build an avenger clan and clean all of your servers of this cheaters for the greater good.

We unfortunately can’t share any specific details about number of suspensions, but they’re nearing the thousands. Our first way to strike against these kind of players and to reinforce the importance of suspensions versus bans is our incoming changes to Family Sharing in official servers, which you can read here:
https://forums.funcom.com/t/incoming-changes-to-steam-family-sharing-settings-on-pc-official-servers-with-update-2-1/144074

4 Likes

Dear Ignasis,

Thank you for your answer, please don’t be angry, but the time you spent writing this text would have been enough to ban the cheater clan.

It’s not about 2-3 players who are deprived of their fun, but these cheaters jump from server to server to spoil the game for other players.

To prevent the number of players on the server from shrinking again, it would be advisable to act immediately.

Don’t be angry, but I see the priority here

Maby u can remeber “Age of Conan” before funcom act, they had lost so manny players.

Thanks a lot Ignasis for your prompt reply.

It is my gut feeling and a rough estimate for which I don’t expect any comments but it means that as you have currently around 14k active players on Conan over the last 30 days + the fact that you didnt banned all of them. It might mean that around 5% of your current players base are cheaters. It is huge.

We are not discussing this most of the time and I want to bring the attention on something here.

Why people are cheating? Do you have a clue?

1. Your competitor hire them in order to destroy the user experience and Funcom reputation ? I don’t like conspiracies but tbh I would consider it if I was the CEO of one of them for which I know that my engine is more robust and for which the anti cheat system performs well. Basically Funcom being raided by an undermeshed enemy.

2. Some folks and big streamers in some territories that I won’t name who are monetizing their streams and audience on obscure platforms that you don’t even know the existence of? I have seen that.

3. Some legit players who have been abused by cheaters and started to respond the same way and now have slipped to the darkside? I have seen that as well. You start to play with glitches and then you are in top of an enemy base and you take a look inside to know if you need to raid it or not.

4. Some trolls who wants to play gods because they suffered when they were teenagers?

I know people can be stupid but I don’t think that we could have so many without a real reward for doing some silly things like this. I cannot imagine that there is not a real motive to play a PvP game like you are Zeus vs Humans. It would be boring for the vast majority of us. No question.

So just for the sake of trying to understand, what is Funcom guess on the reason that drive people to cheat so massively on Conan, more than other games I know in the same genre?

Thanks.

Please be aware that the community team is not in charge with dealing with infractions, just relaying the received reports. Our time spent in the forums communicating about the current status of the situation was well spent. No anger involved, just clarification. :slight_smile:

@dorizzdt your post has been removed due to a violation of our community guidelines. Please read our forum rules:
https://forums.funcom.com/t/conan-exiles-community-guidelines-please-read/54375

1 Like

I have the feeling it has always been the same for about 2 years, you report cheaters and the only thing you get as an answer are ready-made texts.

I mean, everyone of us bought the game, everyone buys dlc on a regular basis.
How can Funcom care that more and more players get angry and the media portals report more and more bad things about Conan.

Every cheater that is reported pissed off an infinite number of normal players who would like to continue playing and buy more DLC.

React at last and delete their records from your database.
Spear the steam accounts.

When the people on the servers see that something is actively being done, you create hope and trust again.
but just saying “we’re working on the problem” doesn’t help us now.

You lose players every day, it would be so easy to log into the server or look at the databases.

Stop telling us to be patient, please respond now

I agree 1oo% that cheaters should be banned, I play on a private server with an active admin so wedo not get these kunts, but I do have to point out there is no subscription to this game, so its not like policing is expected surely.

I am CPO and managed several products without subscription and there are terms and conditions for users. They cannot do whatever they want due to a lack of subscription.

I agree on banning cheaters wholeheartedly. 100%, ban anyone cheating immediately.

However, I disagree on your last line. There are literally thousands of games out there that will ban players for cheating without being a subscription based game. I think that if Funcom is hosting official servers, they should be enforcing the ban hammer a bit more then they do now - for cheaters.

@Ignasi, thanks for sharing all this information. It makes it easier to understand what’s going on with the moderation and why it works the way it does.

I hope that when the anti-undermeshing measures are ready to be deployed, it will make the number of related infractions decrease drastically, so that more attention can be allotted to other infractions, including, hopefully, griefing on PVE(-C) servers.

1 Like

Think about all he explained in this thread. Start with what he said about the numbers. If the suspensions are reaching thousands, what does that tell you of the number of reports, in general?

Any team in that situation will want to try to do something to reduce that workload. In this case, they identified undermeshing as the biggest source of infractions and decided to try to implement the system that prevents it. (Well, they were probably working on it even before this moderation thing was introduced, but never mind.)

The rationale is that preventing undermeshing is better than trying to play catch-up with cheaters and ban them. Thing is, for whatever technical reason, the undermeshing system throws a lot of false positives. Here’s what that looks like in practice:

Now imagine that going live. You walk into a cave and you die. You go to loot your corpse and you die. Eventually, you give up and you’ve lost everything in your inventory.

Fixing those false positives takes time, not only because it involves dev work, but because you have to try to find them all before going live. The vast majority of people don’t play TestLive. I don’t have space on my hard drive for it, but that’s not really the biggest problem for me – the biggest problem is that I spend enough of my time testing code at work, I don’t want to spend my free time doing the same thing for someone else’s game.

I know this whole post will probably piss you off, and many people who feel like you. You’re all frustrated, and for a good reason. I’m also frustrated that their moderation isn’t good enough for my needs, so I have to find other ways to deal with jerks, trolls and griefers on official servers.

But the truth is that they are working on it. They just don’t have satisfactory results yet.

In the end, each one of us has to decide whether to stick with this game and hope things get better, or just give up. I still haven’t given up. Eventually, they’ll either improve, or I’ll give up, knowing that they did their best and that their best just wasn’t good enough. But it’s not that they aren’t doing anything.

7 Likes

I talk about it in this video in case some of you haven’t seen it. Funcom allowed a clan on our server a pass on circumventing their ban via alt accounts. Stating they needed more evidence. It just sounds like ppl not wanting to deal with tough decisions and the awkward positions one can be in when making them.

Funcom, you can’t fundamentally say a scenario like this needs to go through “infractions” or “strikes” this needs to be instant perma ban. I am referring to the video posted by dorizzdt.