CO-OP is not working

Game mode: coop
Type of issue: Misc
Server type: PvE
Region: RU

Cannot connect to my friend’s invite for coop. He cannot connect to my invite for coop too. Neither via ingame menu, nor via steam. It looks always the same - long connection window progress spinning and then it disappears, and i’m back on main menu. Clean setup didn’t help, TLS update didn’t help, VPN didn’t help. Tried win7-to-win7, and win7-to-win10, all the same.

Connection to official dedicated servers works fine. But i bought this game to play coop.

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

1. start the game at steam
  2. receive invite to coop
  3. waiting some time for connection
  4. drop back to main menu

also tried:

1. receive invite to coop at steam
  2. game starting after i click on invite
  3. waiting some time for connection
  4. drop back to main menu

Can the win10 guy connect to the win7? The problem seems to be somehow related to win7. Yet to figure out what exactly is blocking the connection.

A few questions:
Do you have TLS 1.2 checked?
Do you have Internet Connection Sharing enable?
Is your network set to Public?

I applied the TLS update for win7. How should i check it?

What is that? We play over Internet, another coop games are OK, i suppose connection is alright.

yes

I saw in neighboring thread that migration to win10 solved this problem, but i will not reinstall the windows because of this stupid game.
Funcom, hurry with the fix for win7, this game’s requirements on steam are Win7\Win10, not only win 10. And i’ve payed money for this, but still haven’t played a minute. This sucks.

1 Like

Try setting your network to private (home for example) instead of public.

Here is a guide for the TLS 1.2:

I have not seen a working solution for Win7. I don’t know how to solve the problem but I know it is not an issue for Win10 so it must be something related to connection and security and only affects co-op. Funcom are also looking at the issue.

2 Likes

Thank you, these actions helped!

2 Likes

You made co-op work on win7? Did you change the network to home or just the TLS?

1 Like

This is the last thing I will try… the next thing is found a way to get a refund.

Edit: Oh what a surprise, changing both PCs to private network doesn’t work, I don’t know if Im so f *** ing stupid (I hope that’s the case) or what, I have cheked the TLSs 1.0, 1.1, 1.2 in both PCs, and uncheked all the SSL (3.0 and 2.0) also, I can’t follow the steps in the "For the people that it tells you you don have internet connection "because three images are broken, but I suppose that its that thing of the TLSs … I will give a couple of weeks, if nothing is fixed or if anyone can get a solution, maybe Forbrukerrådet or someone with more power will have a solution for me, I mean, I don’t pay 80$ dolars to expend three months working on solve a problem that I don’t started… “what a good gamplay”.

The images are not broken and good luck with that refund:

… and restart your pc once applied.

2 Likes

Also, yes, they are broken, 2020-08-22 15_15_29-CO-OP is not working - Conan Exiles _ PC Updates and Bugs - Funcom Forums
Look, I don’t want problems, but have some empathy, being ignored and being treated like an idiot it’s Obviously annoying, I made this, and it still doesn’t work, maybe has something to do with the servicepacks of windows or even the framework, I will wait a month, It’s probably that I will not get a refund if this is not solved, but there’s always other ways to play a game…

Based on that screenshot? All that shows is that you took a screenshot of the message preview in Narelle’s post. You have to click the blue hyperlink of the thread subject before any of the images will load.

FWIW, I’ve heard of only 1 player on Win 7 who has managed to get coop to work. All those of us on Win 10 seems to have no issues. Narelle and I have been playing coop from Germany to the USA all day with no problems.

2 Likes

Yes, the second hyperlink works, the other three doest’n, don’t know why.

I said to click on the subject line, not the image placeholders.

Scroll up and try again.

3 Likes

Oh, sorry, your right, If I click there, yes, the four images appear, sorry for that, but, yeah, I already do that since a month ago, someone else post this solution before, in my case, it doesn’t work, I talk to someone that knows how telemetry works, and it seems to be a thing with the visual studio framework and the same thing mentioned here, the TLSs, I can update some libraries, but it could make my system unstable, so, I will not, I say it, I will wait a month.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.