Conan bringing people together!

, ,

I always see negativity on these forums!
Curious? How many people have met playing Conan?
Whats the secret? Id love to find a partner and play with!

4 Likes

Started off with a couple guys from Arma 3, seen this game and one guy knew of about 10-12 from a gaming community that was interested in the game. Started playing right after the game went into EA, and our group grew to about 30 people. Some left, but the core of us, about 15-20 still play games and hang in our discord. After knowing each other for nearly 7 years, 9 of us met up IRL in Las Vegas this past December for a meet up. Awesome to meet the people you game with for so many years!

6 Likes

On the official server I’m on most of the population has been there for years. There’s a big group of us that are friendly.

The negativity usually stems from bugs or general frustration with the current state of the game.

4 Likes

I have been playing with the same group more or less for 3 years. All of us met on Conan ^^

5 Likes

Friends come and go… I got one friend I met in a different game and brought her over: @Marylambs
The rest of my friends I started with don’t play anymore… However, I have a couple friends I met in Conan that I’ve been playing with on and off. One of them is @Coyote0903

3 Likes

I’ve met a ton of people thru this game. Most thru discord channels and mod users. While I play on my servers with people I know either from real life or carry overs from other games, I have what I consider a ton of online friends because of CE.

And this our life, exempt from public haunt,
Finds tongues in trees, books in the running brooks,
Sermons in stones, and good in everything.
I would not change it.
-Shakespeare, As You Like It

2 Likes

Over a hundred for sure.

Don’t ever place the game over the people you play with. Be sharing.

There’s negativity everywhere, why not in here? But…

This :point_up_2:.

And this :point_up_2:.

Yet many of us have accepted that bugs are features that’s making the game more interesting :wink:.

If you were playing on PlayStation, i would totally come and find you my friend.

4 Likes

I guess it depends on the server and people you meet with.
I have met people I was playing with in games in real life many times.
Conan feels like it was an exception compared to the other games.
Was it just just because of the servers I was on, or the people I met with?
I am not sure. It just feels like the folks I met with were either too stubborn and narrow minded, or good people with too much baggage. Bad luck?
There was one exception though. We played a few times together, and met irl.
He was the one exception though lol.
If I may add, you folks on the forum are way more civilized than those I met in the discords :+1:

2 Likes

Many people that sink their lives into a game this much often have some sorta emotional baggage. It’s a release from the real world. It’s just a fact. I got my own, as do pretty much just about everyone I’ve played with.

4 Likes

What you say is probably true.
Especially when I remember that Conan Exiles is quite time-consumming.

1 Like

Any online games that take up time really.

1 Like

I stated multiple times i‘m happy for everyone who can enjoy CE and had good experiences.

And of course every community has some toxic members.
But i have to say this: a lot of the toxicity is caused by FC themselves.

Games with good performance, working gameplay mechanics and without a lot of bugs and glitches and exploits and what not, usually don’t have such a toxic community.

FC‘s live streams are a great example.
Yes there are a lot of idiots in the chat being disrespectful.
But there are also a lot of people which have important questions and ask them in a polite way.

And even they get completely ignored.

The declining player population is caused by FC‘s actions, and so is the mood in the community.

That’s no justification for toxic behavior, don’t get me wrong. But we all have been playing a lot of different games, and i have to admit.
Never ever did i have so many issues with a game before.
It’s not surprising that the player base is pretty vocal about all of this.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.