Conan exiles feezes after loading map

Game mode: [Single-player | Co-op
Type of issue: [SELECT ONE] Crash
Server type: PvE
Region: [us west coast]
Mods?: [ Are mods installed: Yes but uninstalled them
Edition: [ Steam

Bug Description:

game freezes after loading on both maps does nothing. have waited for an hour to see what happens. removed al mods but still freezing after loading map

Expected Behavior:

expected to load and play not load and freeze after loading

Installed Mods:

Steps to Reproduce:

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. Please be as detailed as possible; the more details, the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

1. Step 1 press play in steam
  2. Step 2 press ether butting in funcom game launcher
  3. Step 3 load map
  4. Etc. wait for it to load then see it freeze after loading

Have you verified your game files just in case something got messed up?

yes and uninstalled and reinstalled then reverified

Ok, my next suggestion would be update your graphics drivers. After that, I’m not sure.

ddi that

Backup your save folder. Go in the mods folder and delete any modlist.txt file you may find there. Start a new save, see if the issue is resolved. If yes, copy/paste your old database. If the issue re-appears then the removal of the mods may have caused some database corruption.

2 Likes

That’s true, I forgot about that.

Steam doesn’t actually delete everything when you uninstall a game. Mod files in particular have a tendency to stick around. So if you want a totally clean reinstall of a Steam game, you have to manually delete the leftovers.

In this case, that modlist.txt file is known to have caused issues in the past, so that is a likely suspect.

1 Like

in this case used Revo Uninstaller to uninstall it. started a new ilse game was. Will do the same with exiles

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.