Games freezes when I clink on mods

Hi Folks:

I had to uninstall Conan Exiles and reinstall it because of a mod issue… namely Nifliemr Teleportation. Somehow things got messed up so whenever I would click on “I” to access my inventory teleportation would also pop up. The letter key “T” would not activate and it was not listed in Keybindings.

So, in desperation, I uninstalled the game and reinstalled it. Now when I get to the main menu and click on “Mods” the game freezes. … locks up; and, I have to contl > alt > delete to shut down the game.

How the dickens do I fix this mess? Any clues as to how? Thank you.

I’d try going into the Steam Workshop and unsubscribing from any buggy mods, because it will automatically download any mods you are subscribed to and place them in CE’s mods folder. When you then click on the Mods menu option, the game [seemingly] has to parse thru all the mods before it can bring up the menu letting you select the ones to use or disable. So if one of them is particularly buggy, then it can still be problematic even when disabled.

After you’ve unsubscribed from the buggy mod(s), I’d then go into the folder where mods are stored and delete the folders for the ones you removed. By default, it should be here:
“C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\440900”

Additionally, you can manually edit the Modslist.txt file here:
“C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Conan Exiles\ConanSandbox\Mods\modlist.txt”

FWIW, I have about a dozen mods downloaded, but all disabled. When I click on the Mods menu, it takes a good 2-3 minutes for the mods screen to display even with an NVME SSD, a Core i7, and a good deal of RAM. So there’s a chance that CE may not have actually crashed, it could just be taking a long time.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.