Conan Exiles Mailbag Stream (12.12.2019) - Leave your questions here

Dear Exiles,

Last week we released Update 38, one of the biggest Conan Exiles updates ever, bringing mounts, mounted combat, thrall/pet leveling system, and much more!

We’re sure you have a lot of questions and comments about the update, so we wanted to take some time on Thursday to answer them on stream. It’s the second post-patch mailbag!

Post your questions/topics in this thread for Thursday’s Q&A stream. Please limit yourself to no more than 2 questions per person and please be polite and constructive.

Lead designer Alex and Community Manager Jens Erik will only be able to answer some of your questions during the stream, but they will try to get to as many as possible.

We will not be able to talk about future titles or upcoming mechanics or features.

The stream kicks off at 5pm CET / 11am ET / 9am PT on our regular streaming channels.

8 Likes

When a patch for the normal x box is coming for the inventory chrash bug ?
On my x box one x the game runs totaly fine

1 Like

Hi Jens, is it possible to go back to old roll and movements? It is actually to slow and not fun to play. You can see forums posts and reddit. This is a big issue for many players. Thanks for your help on this.

10 Likes

I like the new dodge roll and even like that the fighting changed from me a 9 out of 10 for the last update

4 Likes

Hey guys, first of all I just want to congratulate everyone for the awesome work you’ve been doing with Conan Exiles. Now, my questions are:

• It’s possible for us to have defensive thralls in the future that can’t follow you but are able to be placed on your base in order to defend it and don’t be part of thralls counter, or have it their own?
  • 2nd one, are you guys planing to implement ballistas and larger windows, in-game?
    Thank you all and have an awesome Christmas everyone!

Great job with the mounts and all, I am loving the new content. The movement needs a bit of tweaking as I am sure you guys have seen from the numerous posts. I love my mount! But there are things hindering me from using it as much as I would like to. Which brings me to my questions:

• Can we please tie knocked out thralls onto or behind our horse? It just makes sense to be able to.
  • Will Funcom be able to do movement tweaks before the holidays? (Dec 23)

BONUS Question

Dying saddles when!?!?!

8 Likes

If the criterion of our questions are limited to the most recent ‘Mounts’ Patch, then my first question is the same as @Berserker.

1. Can we PLEASE revert to the old Movement and Dodging system?

2. If not, would it please be possible to add in an Admin Panel option to switch between the new and old Movement and Dodge systems?

I am SO sorry, I am not trying to be disrespectful or cause problems. However, the new Movement system has sucked the fun right out of this great game. And judging by the percentages in all of the Polls currently running, I feel it is safe to say that most other members share my sentiment on this issue. Although I will say a great big thankyou for Mounts, Thrall Levelling and the various QoL improvements.

Bonus Question: Now that we have Mounts, Im sure my Horse would looove a nice juicy Apple…any chance of some Fruit Trees in the future? :wink: :apple:

Thankyou kindly for inviting the community to engage in open dialogue through this mailbag, and the recent Movement Poll.

14 Likes

Why are there no customizable Keybindings for Horses?

Will there be a new Seasonpass for 2020?

What plans for 2020?

Is there a chance for an Hallstand to show Armors?

Do you consider the idea of an Patch for implementation of Workshop Mods in the official Game? For
example more variety of placeables ( Placeable Food, more Plants etc. )

2 Likes

Hello, I have been really happy with the movement changes and the mounts and love the new DLC direction keep up the great work.

So my questions are:

How many more dungeons are coming?
Will we see more Age of Conan assests, armors, monsters, etc. in game?
Is there any news that can be given on Sorcery, is it canceled or still in the air?
Is there a chance to see new seige weapons such as seige towers like Joyel spoke about?
Could there be more demons added to the game, if not sorcery demonic pets would be nice and Age of Conan has plenty of demon enemies to use!

2 Likes

When will we get a survival heavy armor? Every other stat has a heavy armor but survival! It won’t be as unbalanced as you think it will be and the stat will finally have a chance to shine!

will we see an AI overhaul in the near future to be more responsive with the new movement update ? i would love a perfect block mechanic in the game, possible to implement ?

3 Likes

hi, would it be possible to get an estimated time on how long we will be waiting for a xbox patch for the crashing ? a lot of the xbox player base can’t play your game currently so haven’t had a chance to try out the new content which looks extremely enjoyable.

2 Likes
  1. Is a dodge in clothes faster :racehorse: than in light armor?
    A dodge with light armor is a bit slower :snail: than a dodge without any armor. Light armor (especially epic) gives more defense than any clothing, so… Clothes are treated / counted as armor or not? :question:

2. Does gallop in the water really speed up horse swimming? :man_playing_water_polo:
    Note: Yes - you can (turn on) gallop in water. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Character textures going blurry still.
Thrall dragging from horse back?
Holstered weapons and tools. Thank you for everything you guys do. I love the new game play and content
Funcom is King!

1 Like

Could one perhaps grant us the option to use a weapon with the skin of another? (same class ofc)So much pwetty dlc weapons out there, and still one uses legendarys just for the better dmg.

2 Likes
  1. Is there any chance of revisiting the idea of “cosmetic armor” (free choice of armor visual and attribute bonus/temperature bonus)? Could be through kits, or any other way.

2. Is the current Attribute starting values for thralls set in stone? You have Archers that start at zero accuracy, and whole factions (like Exiles) that are invested so heavily in Survival as to be purely decorative.

10 Likes

-Question-

Are there any kind of inherent technical restrictions in regards to armor itemization and how the system was designed, specifically temperature resistances and bonus stats, that would make it too unwieldy to make them more customizable (i.e. using two types of lining to make a heat/cold resist version of any given armor style)?

-non question commentary-

I understand plenty of the reasoning for the design of the system as is it stands; wanting players to know at a minimum of what to expect when they see someone else based on what they’re wearing if it comes to fisticuffs or not wanting to possibly bog down players’ inventories and crafting menus even more with upgrade options. I’m more curious to find if the feasibility of making the armor system more open in regards to secondary traits is something firmly based in design, technical limitations that got baked in early on before a lot of this was added, the amount of time it would take to make such changes, or some combination of it all.

EDIT: It’s not relating to the update specifically but it’s something I see pop up a lot whenever new DLC sets get added or new gear from dungeons, most recent example being Mikey’s lamentations about the Poitain heavy set having accuracy.

EDIT 2: LOL at mikey’s question getting in before me as I was typing this up

3 Likes

Does the sorcery is still on box somewhere ?
And maybe a word on NPC A.I improvement ?

Great work on the last update, tons of fun with combat improve

The mounts are great fun and they work really well. There is no lag at all, even though the thrall limit has not changed yet.
Could the thrall cap be reconsidered or at least be higher so we will be able to defend our base properly ?

As a small clan it is nearly impossible to have a base that is not hidden with this small cap.

So was the map reworked so we could get the mounts or did you just find a way to make them work with the map being 1X1 meter squares and is that the reason their movement is so clunky? We know you have the ability to do mounts correctly because we see them in Age of Conan and the mount movement in that game is superb!