Cooked special fish does not provide buffs

Game mode: Online official, Single player
Type of issue: Bug
Server type: All
Region: All
Mods?: No

Bug Description:

Cooked Anglerfish, Cooked Catfish, Cooked Dogfish, Cooked Grouper and Cooked Moray Eel does not give the buffs they gave before the update and that is listed in the item description, when the fish is consumed.

Expected Behavior:

To get the buffs when consuming the fish.

Steps to Reproduce:

1. Eat any of those fish.

Edit:
As of late the fish mostly gives buffs. Still in some cases it doesn’t. Usually right after I log in the game. I wait for the graphics to load, get some fish from an Improved Preservation Box and eat it. Still sometimes the fish doesn’t give me the buff. When I eat the fish later, I it works correctly.

Hi @Nicci and thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Did you eat anything else before these fishes? Did you already had a food buff?
Currently we are aware of an issue where the food buff status does not update if you already had one active.

Tested on SP, no mods, working like intended.

So must be loading related. Your DB must still be loading, even if your graphics looks ok.
Did you try with some other buffs to see, or waite bit longer ?

Did some tests. It happens only when I log in the game and eat the fish in the first minute. Even that the fish gets eaten and I get the sated buff, the stat buffs don’t appear. If I wait for some time it does work as intended. No problem with potions.

1 Like

At the moment after eating the fish there is no visible indication of the buffs. If i check my attribute points the buffs are there. Doesn’t matter when I eat the food.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.